True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I confess that I deal with anxiety. I seem to have a fear of death and it makes me worry unnecessarily.

I fell ya

Curious. Is your anxiety what you were referring to that can keep you from progressing?

At times, yes. I continue to detach from the chemical reaction inside -the panic, tension - and go through the motions to keep moving forward. Mine is just from trying to adjust to getting older and the inevitability of it all.
    I think I do the same thing to myself. Seems more so recently. I'm not sure if it's me over worrying or some vitamin deficiency that is actually causing anxiety
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I think I do the same thing to myself. Seems more so recently. I'm not sure if it's me over worrying or some vitamin deficiency that is actually causing anxiety

My biggest thing is exercise. Helps so much.
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

My biggest thing is exercise. Helps so much.
    Exercise always makes me feel good
  • whiskey5jda2008
    whiskey5jda2008 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I confess that I deal with anxiety. I seem to have a fear of death and it makes me worry unnecessarily.

I confess that i cannot wrap my mind around anxiety. I don't look down on folks with it, just never have been blessed to experience it in the manner of a panic attack
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I have a big lists of things I want to do:

Take a self defense class
    Go on vacation, maybe a cruise?
    Plant a garden
    Get my hunting license & kill a deer
    Decorate my house they way I want

Just to name a few.

If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you do these things before? None of them seem outrageous.

Not like uprooting a family with two small children, giving up two careers, nearby family, an support system and a community to start over in a new city 500 miles away to go to graduate school.
    Sorry, I'm projecting...

I don't want to be one of those people who bad mouths their spouse during a divorce, so I'm going to try to be tackful.

My husband has the "you don't know how to do this because you're a woman" mind set. A couple of months ago, the toilet wouldn't stop running so I went to Lowes and bought the kit to replace the internal stuff. He knew I had never replaced one before and instead of being supportive he kept telling me I would screw it up. I showed him my middle finger and told him to watch me. 30 minutes later it was working like a charm. He didn't talk to me for two days. So growing a garden and killing my own meat is both a way to provide for myself and a metaphorical flipping him the bird.

Since I paid all of the bills and I rarely had help from him financially, I wasn't able to travel like I wanted to. So I want to take a well deserved trip to somewhere on my bucket list.

The self defence class is kind of self explanatory. I wanna be able to kick a dude's @ss if they give me trouble when I start dating again.

I understand not wanting to air the dirty laundry, and I deeply respect that. Sounds like fundamental incompatibility.

You are an accomplished professional woman! You can't do what you do without ability and know how.

You are gonna rock the world!

On the other hand, you are way too young to have a bucket list yet. Where do you want to go? Go fill up that passport!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I confess I don't understand at all why you'd wink and send someone a message on a dating site, but never respond to their reply. Smh...

(I'm taking y'all's advice, even though I don't agree with it, I just paid a lot for this rip-off site so I might as well try and get my money's worth)
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I confess I just sent a friend request without making sure they're a coffee drinker first.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I confess I've 50 million things I need to do today. I wonder if I'll get any of them done
  • FairhavenDS
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess I just sent a friend request without making sure they're a coffee drinker first.

I am glad you do that sometimes or you and I would have never known each other.

I'm still hoping to convert you. It's not looking good though.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

Can we be friends? I'm just getting into cold brew!
  • FairhavenDS
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »

Can we be friends? I'm just getting into cold brew!

Of course!
  • FairhavenDS
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I confess I'm not a coffee drinker.

*sigh* More for @LL5lifts and I, I guess.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I will never drink coffee. NEVER!!!!!
    Probably not tea either. I don't understand how people can truly enjoy the tastes of either of these.
    Go ahead and stone me now.

I'm with you on coffee. Vile liquid.
  • FairhavenDS
    Options
    Probably not tea either. I don't understand how people can truly enjoy the tastes of either of these.

I can't. Then I'd have to admit I was wrong for friending you. I'd rather just drink your share of the coffee.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

I shall convert you to the tea gang
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess if I could have a coffee IV, I would use it daily, all day.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    I confess that yesterday I ate half a large bucket of popcorn at the movies, had two slices of pizza for dinner, two garlic bread sticks, two brownies and 2 cups of strawberry ice cream for dessert.
    I'm right there with you! Hope you enjoyed it!