True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm not really a huge fan of basketball, but watching the end of the Wisconsin vs Villanova game was pretty exciting.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I'm not really a huge fan of basketball, but watching the end of the Wisconsin vs Villanova game was pretty exciting.

I confess I have watched zero percent of the tournament. My Hoosier card may be revoked soon.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »

I confess I have watched zero percent of the tournament. My Hoosier card may be revoked soon.

That is the damn truth. Hoosiers are obsessed with basketball. I think they wanted to kick me out of the state when I said I wasn't a fan. :neutral:
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I confess my husband has seasons tickets for basketball that he shares and he always wants me to go to a game but I hate going. I was even given floor seats by a friend so I told him to take someone who might appreciate it. So not a basketball fan
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options

That is the damn truth. Hoosiers are obsessed with basketball. I think they wanted to kick me out of the state when I said I wasn't a fan. :neutral:

I love basketball...just not that into it right now.
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I confess my husband has seasons tickets for basketball that he shares and he always wants me to go to a game but I hate going. I was even given floor seats by a friend so I told him to take someone who might appreciate it. So not a basketball fan

Grrrrrr.... *dunks on you*

Hehe just kidding, just kidding :#

My moms not a fan. She says she can't take the "squeaky shoes".... *slaps forehead*
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I confess that it's been a stressful day. My little humans are meeting the (almost)wife's little humans for the first time. My youngest (8) and her youngest (4) are very much the same. Bossy, loud, emotional, wired for sound... my oldest (12) and her oldest (8) are the same as well. Quiet, thoughtful, sarcastic, mature.... they seem to get along but it's a big step.

It will work .. :) I was mum of 4 and stepmum to 4...
    So long as the kids feel everyone is equal in your eyes ..it works ..
    I will admit to start was the hardest ..always being mindful that I was not treating mine differently to his ..that we agreed and backed each other up where needed and didn't let the kids manipulate us ..as much as they tried :D
    Even now years later ..I see proof we did the right things ..the kids all visit each other and my stepkids still ring to say hi..even though Im not with their dad ..
    There will be hard times ..but it can work
    Good luck ..
  • FeraFilia
    Options

I love basketball...just not that into it right now.

I like college basketball better than pro... but I'm more a football and hockey fan. (Pretty sure that's why my husband agreed to go out with me the first time)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

My moms not a fan. She says she can't take the "squeaky shoes".... *slaps forehead*

Ugh the NBA games are an assault on the senses. The music the announcing. Not my thing
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    there's really only two sports

1. football
    2. spring football
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Ugh the NBA games are an assault on the senses. The music the announcing. Not my thing

Yeah, I much prefer college ball. And it's pretty darn satisfying from the comfort of a barstool or my couch. But I still like to go to the games and wave wildly at the coaches, hoping one day they'll put me in...
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I don't like sports at all.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    there's really only two sports

1. football
    2. spring football

This was my general thinking, until I started watching more hockey recently and got a little hooked.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I confess that it's been a stressful day. My little humans are meeting the (almost)wife's little humans for the first time. My youngest (8) and her youngest (4) are very much the same. Bossy, loud, emotional, wired for sound... my oldest (12) and her oldest (8) are the same as well. Quiet, thoughtful, sarcastic, mature.... they seem to get along but it's a big step.

It will work .. :) I was mum of 4 and stepmum to 4...
    So long as the kids feel everyone is equal in your eyes ..it works ..
    I will admit to start was the hardest ..always being mindful that I was not treating mine differently to his ..that we agreed and backed each other up where needed and didn't let the kids manipulate us ..as much as they tried :D
    Even now years later ..I see proof we did the right things ..the kids all visit each other and my stepkids still ring to say hi..even though Im not with their dad ..
    There will be hard times ..but it can work
    Good luck ..

Thank you JoJo :) So far it's been difficult, but I'm hoping it'll get easier

It will .. :*
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options

why not?
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    why not?

Watching people chase a ball doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather read or watch a movie instead.

• tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

It will work out, my wife and I had to bring our boys together at a young age. It took about 6 months but after that they are life long brothers. That was over 20 years ago and they all still hang out more with each other than us lol. Imagine that.