JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I confess I want to stay in bed all day

That's what I'm doing today
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    i confess i am really proud of myself for being so alive and getting so much out of life

don't get cocky...
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm used to people looking around me instead of at me. I am mentally unprepared to handle when someone notices my efforts. 33 years old and I've always been basically invisible.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I'm used to people looking around me instead of at me. I am mentally unprepared to handle when someone notices my efforts. 33 years old and I've always been basically invisible.

But you're married so someone looked at you...perhaps you're not as invisible as you think you are?
    I grew up sort of kind of on stage...it was an ice rink but from a young age I learned about having all eyes on you...and it's still hard to accept when people acknowledge my efforts or talents. Why is it so hard to accept people's appreciation of us
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

But you're married so someone looked at you...perhaps you're not as invisible as you think you are?
    I grew up sort of kind of on stage...it was an ice rink but from a young age I learned about having all eyes on you...and it's still hard to accept when people acknowledge my efforts or talents. Why is it so hard to accept people's appreciation of us

It's because you, aren't a; narcissist & thus, you're modest!
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I confess that I don't have any friends in real life. I used to have a big group of girls I hung out with but one of them had a cheating boyfriend and asked me what I thought about it and I told her I thought she loved him very much but that he didn't love her that much and that was it.. I was out of the group and she lied to everyone, told them I said he didn't love her cause he didn't bring her flowers (WTF?) and the "group" split was so ugly as she and her best friend went out to destroy me and started telling the other girls lies about me and to my utter surprise, they all choice to believe them.

That was 6 years ago and now I'm way to scared to let anyone get to know me. I'm afraid I'm not good enough, that people won't like me, that I'm not funny or smart. And that hurts to confess and it hurts to feel like that.

So I just walk around with my back straight, my chest puffed out and my chin up, playing the confident girl so that no one will know how lonely and how closed off I am when in reality I'm in so much need for human contact and friends that I'm breaking on the inside. I just want a group of friends again to laugh with, party with, go to the gym with and enjoy life with but I just have my kids, my SO and my family but we don't talk much anymore cause I'm pushing them away as well cause they're nothing like me and we don't get each other.

And now I'm doing this NLP seminar and people there even believe I'm confident and sure of myself cause I'm not gonna admit to them that it's all an act. That deep down I'm so lonely and scared and in so much need of acceptance that it's embarrassing.

I completely understand this. I'm the same way.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

I love my husband to pieces... but he's never been one to comment on how I look, good or bad. 8 years together and it still throws me off when he tells me I look nice or something. Blessing and a curse, really, because I wouldn't know how to react if he did start saying something anyway.

As far as accepting appreciation... I don't know about anyone else, but for some reason the bad stuff is easier to believe. I'm probably not the only one that feels that way.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    I confess, I leave people in my friend requests pending sometimes because I feel guilty declining them:-/

FR sent. Let's see how long this takes.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I confess that a huge portion of what I read on these threads has me yelling angry profanities at my phone

Stop being grumpy. Drink more coffee :)

Sooooo much coffee today. Pretty sure I am the king of England right now.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    I confess that a huge portion of what I read on these threads has me yelling angry profanities at my phone

haha enjoy the high before you come back to reality :p

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options

Re5pext

.... your highness
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Options

Should be around Tuesday.
  • FeraFilia
    Options

Just in time to go to work, I bet.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Options

Just in time to go to work, I bet.

Correct!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I found a car I really like...and it's on sale. I'm super frugal