Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    So I feel stupid for confessing this, but that hasn't stopped me so far...I am supposed to have an elective surgery and I am not afraid of the surgery, but of having a general anesthetic and what I might say while babbling on during recovery from anesthesia.

According to the nurses, the last time I was under general anesthesia - when I had my wisdom teeth removed in November - I screamed through the whole procedure. Fun times! Good luck with your procedure. :)

Thank-you :) I don't remember the two days following my wisdom teeth surgery. I can't imagine what the doctors and nurses must witness with disoriented patients.
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So I feel stupid for confessing this, but that hasn't stopped me so far...I am supposed to have an elective surgery and I am not afraid of the surgery, but of having a general anesthetic and what I might say while babbling on during recovery from anesthesia.

tape the babbling and show it to us; I promise, we won't laugh

much

Haha, it could be quite amusing I suppose!
    Great idea! I am going to ask them if I can record it, I'd kinda like to watch.
    I sleepwalk and talk occasionally, so I worry anyways about crazy stuff I might do when asleep. I can only imagine what might happen with me on anesthetic drugs.

I get a kick out of patients recovering from anesthesia.... seriously. Most of the time, it's like truth serum. Whatever they're thinking just pops out.

Ahhhh, exactly what I am afraid of...the vulnerability, the lack of dignity!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options

According to the nurses, the last time I was under general anesthesia - when I had my wisdom teeth removed in November - I screamed through the whole procedure. Fun times! Good luck with your procedure. :)

Thank-you :) I don't remember the two days following my wisdom teeth surgery. I can't imagine what the doctors and nurses must witness with disoriented patients.

much

I sleepwalk and talk occasionally, so I worry anyways about crazy stuff I might do when asleep. I can only imagine what might happen with me on anesthetic drugs.

I get a kick out of patients recovering from anesthesia.... seriously. Most of the time, it's like truth serum. Whatever they're thinking just pops out.
    [ the lack of dignity!

accept it; I have

good lord, have I

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

much

[ the lack of dignity!

accept it; I have

good lord, have I

I'm pretty close! After loss of dignity what comes next...is that where humility kicks in I wonder?
    I already thought I had humility covered...but if I'm afraid of shame maybe not so much!
  • Altess
    Altess Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I ate a 6 inch fruit tart from an award winning Bavarian pastry shop tonight FOR DINNER!
    And that is ALL I had for dinner.
    I LOVED IT!
    I loved it SO much, I did not drink my coffee with it!
    I selfishly did not want ANY other flavor intruding over the fresh fruits.
    Simply Devine!
    I sipped my coffee on the way home.

I pushed back wONEderland at least a week, cause of it.
    Gonna be 203lbs for a while more but
    Sigh....
    It was AMAZING!
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I confess, I want to go out but I have no one to play with:-(
  • kq1981
    Options
    I confess, I leave people in my friend requests pending sometimes because I feel guilty declining them:-/
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    back into the cold for another early morning drive to the gym.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    I confess...I'm ready to murder my son's mother.

That is all.

I don't help people hide bodies. You're on your own.
  • kq1981
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I confess that I don't have any friends in real life. I used to have a big group of girls I hung out with but one of them had a cheating boyfriend and asked me what I thought about it and I told her I thought she loved him very much but that he didn't love her that much and that was it.. I was out of the group and she lied to everyone, told them I said he didn't love her cause he didn't bring her flowers (WTF?) and the "group" split was so ugly as she and her best friend went out to destroy me and started telling the other girls lies about me and to my utter surprise, they all choice to believe them.

That was 6 years ago and now I'm way to scared to let anyone get to know me. I'm afraid I'm not good enough, that people won't like me, that I'm not funny or smart. And that hurts to confess and it hurts to feel like that.

So I just walk around with my back straight, my chest puffed out and my chin up, playing the confident girl so that no one will know how lonely and how closed off I am when in reality I'm in so much need for human contact and friends that I'm breaking on the inside. I just want a group of friends again to laugh with, party with, go to the gym with and enjoy life with but I just have my kids, my SO and my family but we don't talk much anymore cause I'm pushing them away as well cause they're nothing like me and we don't get each other.

And now I'm doing this NLP seminar and people there even believe I'm confident and sure of myself cause I'm not gonna admit to them that it's all an act. That deep down I'm so lonely and scared and in so much need of acceptance that it's embarrassing.

Well I accept u and if I was where u are I'd be hanging with u all the time! I feel very much like you. Sending u LOVE XX ALWAYS walk with yr back straight! Always be proud of YOU!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I confess that I don't have any friends in real life. I used to have a big group of girls I hung out with but one of them had a cheating boyfriend and asked me what I thought about it and I told her I thought she loved him very much but that he didn't love her that much and that was it.. I was out of the group and she lied to everyone, told them I said he didn't love her cause he didn't bring her flowers (WTF?) and the "group" split was so ugly as she and her best friend went out to destroy me and started telling the other girls lies about me and to my utter surprise, they all choice to believe them.

That was 6 years ago and now I'm way to scared to let anyone get to know me. I'm afraid I'm not good enough, that people won't like me, that I'm not funny or smart. And that hurts to confess and it hurts to feel like that.

So I just walk around with my back straight, my chest puffed out and my chin up, playing the confident girl so that no one will know how lonely and how closed off I am when in reality I'm in so much need for human contact and friends that I'm breaking on the inside. I just want a group of friends again to laugh with, party with, go to the gym with and enjoy life with but I just have my kids, my SO and my family but we don't talk much anymore cause I'm pushing them away as well cause they're nothing like me and we don't get each other.

And now I'm doing this NLP seminar and people there even believe I'm confident and sure of myself cause I'm not gonna admit to them that it's all an act. That deep down I'm so lonely and scared and in so much need of acceptance that it's embarrassing.

**big hugs**

I think everyone on the boards can relate because we're all here trying to fill a void in our lives. I struggle with loneliness too since I filed for divorce. I'm living alone for the first time in my life. There are times I go days without any physical contact from a person (hug or handshake) and it's tough.

If you ever want to talk, you know how to find me.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

What about finding friends at the gym? Common interests are a good place to start for friendships
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

Hugs!
    I can relate. I went through something similar and have always had a hard time letting people in and worrying that I'm not enough.
    It's extremely lonely even when you do have kids and a s/o. You sometimes just need that mental break of going out with friends and just talking and not having to worry about real life for a couple hours.

It wasn't up until recently (about 4 months ago) that I ever really had a close friend that I talk to and do stuff with.

• synchkat
    Options
    I confess some people really make my eyes roll uncontrollably, I wonder if this is damaging to my already wonky eyes...
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I confess that a huge portion of what I read on these threads has me yelling angry profanities at my phone

Stop being grumpy. Drink more coffee :)

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I confess, even with way too many beers yesterday. i am up and at it. On court for the day. Be AMAZING.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I confess, even with way too many beers yesterday. i am up and at it. On court for the day. Be AMAZING.

Should we speak quietly?

and I once had a tennis lesson after a night of drinking...it was the hottest day of the year, it was a 2 hour lesson, I was hungover, the instructor was hungover. But it felt great to sweat it out
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I confess I want to stay in bed all day