True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I confess, I am ready for the day to end..
  • GettinHealthy0709
    GettinHealthy0709 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My confession, that I've never told anyone outside of family or therapy or kinda anonymous blogs. I cheated on my husband. Twice. I don't know why though, the only thing i liked from it was the attention. It was never physical and we never met in person. Didn't even show them an actual picture of myself. If there was sexting being done I wasn't actually doing anything, just reading or playing a game on the computer or game system. I thought I had feelings for them but after being in therapy I realized I didn't, it was more infatuation or a crush. I have borderline personality disorder so maybe that adds to the why but I don't want to blame that. I was in the wrong and I'm trying my damnedest to prove to him that it'll never happen again and that being treated and in therapy has helped TONS. I'm so ashamed of myself but unfortunately i can't go back and change it.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I confess. My mind is blank.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I don't know what to say.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I confess it's good(?) to see people just won't seem to let go of all the antagonistic behaviour here. Sometimes opinions are best sent in a private message rather than airing grievances publicly
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    I confess I see some time spent with my punching bag is in my near future.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    IC, I ate lunch for breakfast and will have breakfast for lunch.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I went to the gym for the first time ever this morning and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.

Excellent.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Rebel
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess I ran a bit this morning even though my knee is sore from running yesterday. I walked as much as I ran and I guess now have a.date with a bag of peas
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I confess I submitted an expense report yesterday with one receipt reflecting 16 alcoholic beverages and zero anything else.

I'm crossing my fingers on this one.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Rebel

See, you can be wild at almost 50.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I confess that I really want to get plastic surgery...

Same here!
  • djchaney3
    djchaney3 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    IC ^^^^ She does not look as if she needs Plastic Surgery...
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My confession, that I've never told anyone outside of family or therapy or kinda anonymous blogs. I cheated on my husband. Twice. I don't know why though, the only thing i liked from it was the attention. It was never physical and we never met in person. Didn't even show them an actual picture of myself. If there was sexting being done I wasn't actually doing anything, just reading or playing a game on the computer or game system. I thought I had feelings for them but after being in therapy I realized I didn't, it was more infatuation or a crush. I have borderline personality disorder so maybe that adds to the why but I don't want to blame that. I was in the wrong and I'm trying my damnedest to prove to him that it'll never happen again and that being treated and in therapy has helped TONS. I'm so ashamed of myself but unfortunately i can't go back and change it.

No one is perfect. And despite the shame and regret that you express here my advice is that in order to move forward you must forgive yourself. Everyone has demons they face. You are putting in the work to reassure yourself and him it won't happen again. Holding on to guilt, shame, and regret will only prolong your anguish. Look in the mirror and see that there is still a very good person there. Yes, a flawed person, just like everyone else on these boards in one way or another. Present company included.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    djchaney3 wrote: »
    IC ^^^^ She does not look as if she needs Plastic Surgery...

Very true.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    I confess the AC in my building is dumb. It's 64 outside and the AC is on. I'm freezing!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    My advice... advice is only helpful if it is asked for... secondly... advice says ONE thing.. "Be more like me..." now who here Is open to advice from an Emu??? :)