True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I confess I feel like a case of the BG's are coming, or gas... and I'm stuck to my desk waiting for a phone call.

Big Guns?

Bad Girls?

Bitching Gag-reflex ?

Love this one! You would go there :lol:

• becky6323
    becky6323 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I confess I have no friends in real life. It's just me, the hubby, his family and my kids. My only friend is my ex from 15 years ago (we were just in the friend zone - didn't even hug) but hubby is incredibly jealous so we don't get to hang out. I am very lonely especially since hubby and I have grown apart and he works long hours that I can go days without seeing him. My only conversations are in my car to work and on the way home with myself where I usually end up crying.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I confess I feel like a case of the BG's are coming, or gas... and I'm stuck to my desk waiting for a phone call.

Big Guns?

Bad Girls?

Bitching Gag-reflex ?

This right here!! :D:D:D
  • becky6323
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    becky6323 wrote: »
    I confess I have no friends in real life. It's just me, the hubby, his family and my kids. My only friend is my ex from 15 years ago (we were just in the friend zone - didn't even hug) but hubby is incredibly jealous so we don't get to hang out. I am very lonely especially since hubby and I have grown apart and he works long hours that I can go days without seeing him. My only conversations are in my car to work and on the way home with myself where I usually end up crying.

Have you spoken to your husband about how you're feeling?

Yes, he doesn't care. He thinks hanging out with his family is a big enough social group. And I'm the one watching the kids on the weekends. Once a month or so I might get an afternoon to myself.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

This pulls my heart strings. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
  • Mikeyiscool182
    Mikeyiscool182 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Confess, I feel like a bit of a depraved person for feeling like I missed out on this strip-club conversation.

First time at the strip club my buddy got pink eye
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I don't have friends either... I don't think it's too uncommon in this day and age... I am at work 9 hours/day... then commute for 2-1/2 hours/day... get up at 4... go to bed at 9 that's 17 hours... minus the 11-1/2 hours that I am busy with work... that leaves me 5-1/2 hours to be "social" and do everything else I need to during a weekday... So the wife is my friend... and she prefers to play computer games, knit and Netflix binge rather than talk to me... besides... she is always contrary... If I tell the kid ... don't smoke dope... she's like " WHY not.. you used to... oh... wait... what was my confession?

in my experience friends are over rated... I do have a friend or two...female friends... if the wife knew she would *kitten* her pants then divorce me... it's okay for her to have frineds... BUT not for me.

• becky6323
    Options
    Yep, small town. I'm in engineering so there aren't many women here to be friends with. The only people i talk to about non work stuff are the 50+ year olds and im going to miss them. Actually switching jobs in a week to a bigger company in a bigger city so hopefully I can make friends there. At 32 I thought I would have at least one friend :( Where do you meet people to become friends? I'm so lame. I went to college 4 hours away so the distance really hurt those rationships when I moved.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I don't have friends either... I don't think it's too uncommon in this day and age... I am at work 9 hours/day... then commute for 2-1/2 hours/day... get up at 4... go to bed at 9 that's 17 hours... minus the 11-1/2 hours that I am busy with work... that leaves me 5-1/2 hours to be "social" and do everything else I need to during a weekday... So the wife is my friend... and she prefers to play computer games, knit and Netflix binge rather than talk to me... besides... she is always contrary... If I tell the kid ... don't smoke dope... she's like " WHY not.. you used to... oh... wait... what was my confession?

in my experience friends are over rated... I do have a friend or two...female friends... if the wife knew she would *kitten* her pants then divorce me... it's okay for her to have frineds... BUT not for me.

I don't get the whole thing of spouses being jealous of friends of the opposite sex. Makes me glad I'm single. I was engaged to someone who got pissed because I was still friends with an ex boyfriend. The whole reason why we broke up was because we just out grew each other. But the fiance didn't care. One reason why I'm glad I got out of that relationship. I relate better to guys. I'm not into all that prissy stuff a lot of females are in to. I love my football Sundays, watching the game at a sports bar with beer, wings, and nachos.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yep, small town. I'm in engineering so there aren't many women here to be friends with. The only people i talk to about non work stuff are the 50+ year olds and im going to miss them. Actually switching jobs in a week to a bigger company in a bigger city so hopefully I can make friends there. At 32 I thought I would have at least one friend :( Where do you meet people to become friends? I'm so lame. I went to college 4 hours away so the distance really hurt those rationships when I moved.

are you athletic in the least?

a running club or a crossfit gym might do wonders for your social life?
  • becky6323
    Options
    I don't have time for a gym. Nearest ones are a 1/2 hour drive and I have 3 kids 2, 4, and 6 at home. My workouts are hitting the treadmill when the kids are asleep.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »

I don't get the whole thing of spouses being jealous of friends of the opposite sex. Makes me glad I'm single. I was engaged to someone who got pissed because I was still friends with an ex boyfriend. The whole reason why we broke up was because we just out grew each other. But the fiance didn't care. One reason why I'm glad I got out of that relationship. I relate better to guys. I'm not into all that prissy stuff a lot of females are in to. I love my football Sundays, watching the game at a sports bar with beer, wings, and nachos.

I agree.
    The friends I have the most fun with are usually men. Just have more common interests I guess, and gender should be a non-issue.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for a gym. Nearest ones are a 1/2 hour drive and I have 3 kids 2, 4, and 6 at home. My workouts are hitting the treadmill when the kids are asleep.

you gotta carve out some time for yourself

maybe a fitness group that meets every saturday morning?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess that I was having too much fun talking about strippers and then someone had to go and break the rules and make it a no fun zone again.

Aww I missed something good..did you take notes?