True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I confess if I have trouble sleeping I read the Bible. I don't find it boring, but it always makes me sleepy for some reason.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am not comfortable in my new apartment. I'm trying to make it a home, but the first impression I get from neighbors is not that great. There's drama. People are in each other's business. They ask questions that I can't help but think aren't any of their business then I feel judged if I give them an answer OR they pretend to be interested, ask a non invasive question, but walk away in middle of your answer.... apparently they asked to be "polite" but don't want to hear your answer or care. Yeah, not feeling the best vibe off of this place. Makes me want to hide.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    And I do apologize if I come off as an *kitten* sometimes. I do enjoy being here, I wouldn't want to become the butt of everyone's joke that I don't get.

can you recommend a good cutting diet?

I'm okay also losing some muscle mass (just some) too.

thanks in advance
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess if I have trouble sleeping I read the Bible. I don't find it boring, but it always makes me sleepy for some reason.

Whenever I read the Bible, I start bugging my husband with questions. A 15 minute reading has turned into a 2 hour discussion. The fun of a former non-believer marrying a theologian.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    And since I'm confessing... I'm thinking about skipping todays workout cause it *kitten* sucks...

2 rounds
    1000 m run
    30 HSPU
    1000 m row

I hate cardio!!!

Have you started your cut phase? That's way too much cardio for a bulk.

No. It's deload week so we're doing low impact cardio. We have about an hour to do this and I'm even bringing my dog.

That's sounds cool.

This is not in any way meant to pick on you or say you are doing anything wrong.....but most people do it wrong.

The best bulks come from over eating with good clean foods. Making fat cells larger but not to the point of creating new fat cells....yes that's a thing. It's why leaner people tend to stay lean and fatter people may have more trouble leaning out. I saw your bulk pic the other day and you look great so I would assume you are doing fine.

But what a lot of bodybuilders do when bulking...or not do I should say...is no cardio. Just lift....get big with muscle. That includes men and women. Then when it's cut time hit cardio hard and cut back the calories. When the fat cells shrink you are left with more muscle and ripped.

Im confused. What does making fat cells larger have to do with gaining muscle on a bulk?

It's what happens when you caloric intake exceeds what you burn. You need to surplus eat to bulk. However you still want to take in foods that will benefit the building of muscle and not add an overbundance of fat for the bulk cycle.

Fat cells have nothing to do with gaining muscle....but them becoming larger are a by product of bulking.

Ahh I see. We need a surplus to gain muscle! I knew I was doing something wrong. Man I need to be schooled on this *kitten*. All this human biology stuff just blows my mind!

So which foods to we eat that means we won't get an overabundance of fat? carbs are the enemy amiright?

Don't condescend to me....

I'm genuinely interested! lol my brother was a PT and I always have interesting conversations with him

Im fairly certain you know carbs are not the enemy amiright?
    And based on the respect and admiration you are shown here on this sight over the years.....I'm pretty sure you are quite knowledgeable in what you should and should not eat in reference to building your body.

However if you want me to wax poetic on my career as a professional athlete and my access to incredible strength and conditioning coaches as well as not so incredible ones that inspired me to get my education in sport science and help others upon my retirement......then please send me a message.

Other than than that......my English is not good enough for semantics and sarcasm.....

Bah this wont work then, sarcasm is my only form of communication.

Although I did enjoy reading that, I think you may have misinterpreted some comments on here as "respect and admiration" lol I'm sure just a few days ago someone nominated me as the biggest creep, also I think this morning It was hinted that I was a cannibal... and whilst these are both awesome titles, they seem to be quite a ways away from admiration!

What piqued my interest was your comment about fat cells, how does one gauge the correct amount of fat cell increase before creating new fat cells? It seemed like an entirely irrelevant piece of information in regards to bulking. I understand that bulking will almost inevitably result in some fat gain but I didn't and still don't see the point in talking about fat cells.

I think it would have been far more appropriate to talk about the roles hormones play in the bulking phase especially insulin. Advice on meal timing or perhaps advice on reducing fat accumulation during the bulking phase with HIIT or low steady cardio. The benefits of cardio during the bulk phase are numerous.

In truth I was probing your knowledge, I will always challenge bad information especially when its given to people I'm fond of. (not to say your information is bad, it just seemed odd)

EDIT: "Sometimes it's not how much we know but how we share it that makes it useful" - me, I just made that up. I deserve a cookie

My comment about fat cells was just meant in reference into overdoing it in the bulk phase and not just expanding them but actually creating more. I'm not sure it was commonly known that that can actually happen.....so while it does nothing for growth of muscle, it can actually hinder leaning out in the cut phase because now not only are you trying to decrease the size of the fat cell, you actually have more of them.

I have no fear of being challenged...I enjoy intelligent banter about things I know about....and yes, I like to pick up new things as well. I like to learn and don't get offended I'd someone knows something I do not.

My information hopefully you see it as odd now. I can give a small example. I believe you are in the UK....if not my bad....anyway there was a very popular boxer named Ricky Hatton from the UK. He was a very good fighter and became a champion at 130 lbs and I believe at 140 as well. But in between fights he would balloon up to anywhere between 185 and 200 lbs. When he came to the states to train for a fight with Floyd Mayweather I had the privilege to witness his training because I knew the SC coach at the time in his camp. Every fight he found it harder and harder to lose the weight....they did a complete body work up on him and determined he had increased the amount of fat cells not just the size of them. I found it interesting that could actually happen. And after talking with a few of my mentors in the field, they explained to me Ricky aside, he was just a fat party guy in between fights, that a lot of athletes professional or not approached bulking in a manner that made leaning out tougher, which is why I made reference to fat cells.

I understand the concept quite well and I know why it's something to consider. It just seemed out of place considering the context of the discussion. It went from talking about her doing too much cardio during bulk to straight into how creating new fat cells is to be avoided. It's an odd jump in my opinion.

As I said in the previous comment there seemed to be more pertinent topics to discuss before the issue of overdoing the bulk rears its head.

haha and don't worry about coming across as an *kitten*, I do it on purpose and I haven't had many people try chase me out with pitchforks.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I confess the feeling of being proud of myself is rare but today I'm feeling proud. I'm just shy of half way of reaching my weight loss goal. Logging a 3lb weight loss this morning is giving me fuel to keep going. I'm happy :smiley:

That's fantastic! It helps me to focus on making it through the day instead of looking at the big picture. Thinking about how much further you have left to go can be extremely overwhelming. You'll be there before you know it.
    FeraFilia wrote: »

Whenever I read the Bible, I start bugging my husband with questions. A 15 minute reading has turned into a 2 hour discussion. The fun of a former non-believer marrying a theologian.

He's probably thinking "Here we go again..." :D
  • Motorsheen
    Options

it's healthy to challenge and question religious doctrine

it provides clarity and clarity can strengthen faith
  • FeraFilia
    Options

He's probably thinking "Here we go again..." :D

Very likely, after 8+ years of questions. But at least he still assures me I ask good questions and he says he likes them because they make him think. He might be fibbing a bit at this point, but I'll take it.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

100%
    It even says in the Bible to question things and test people's spirits.
  • MrStabbems
    Options

100%

Really? I may be going to heaven after all!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

100%

Nope..pack light..its gunna be hot where you're going lol :devil:
  • Motorsheen
    Options

100%

... let's not get carried away, okay?
  • FeraFilia
    Options

100%

He can ride with me. My handbasket is fully loaded. I've been making payments.
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    I'll get in, i have some dirt on St Peter...my corruption will spread like a virus throughout heaven. You may not want in after I'm done >:)
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

100%

Would your husband freak out if he heard you say that?

Considering I've said it to him and he laughed, I'm guessing not. ;)
  • FeraFilia
    Options

100%

Would your husband freak out if he heard you say that?

Considering I've said it to him and he laughed, I'm guessing not. ;)

I was picturing him turning white as a ghost and throwing holy water at you or something. Lol

You'd be surprised how laid back some clergy people are. Many of my friends are pastors, or married to them. True story: never drink and play Cards Against Humanity with pastors. They are a crazy bunch. I've never laughed so hard in my life.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    I confess I've never heard of a Neapolitan pizza. I'd probably like it because I've never met a pizza I didn't like.