I hate eating healthy....

Options

Replies

• Shaavo89
    Shaavo89 Posts: 68
    Options
    i hide vegetables in soups and chili, plus i put a lot of them in a blender and chug them....:drinker:

That might be my best bet! But I will definitely try other things! :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I hate vegetables too. Sometimes the taste of them makes me shudder. When I eat salads, I'll toss it in ranch rather than drowning it in ranch. It gives it a light coating all over so I taste it in every bite. I'll also put cheese and sunflower seeds on. Find ways to sneak vegetables in. I'll eat my carrots with a bit of dip, and can put vegetables into a casserole. Sneak them into smoothies, soups, sprinkle them with a little parmesean. Like many people said, you can find ways to prepare them so they taste better. You may start to love some of them, or you may always hate them, but just eat them because you know they're good for you.

And for the record, "not liking vegetables" isn't just being picky or acting like a baby. I'm especially sensitive to bitter flavors and they taste wretched to me and many other people. The people who say it's being childish to not want to eat a stalk of broccoli are obviously people who don't taste things the way some of us do. It's not a matter of acting grown up or not.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    When it comes to veg....cooking methods and seasonings are your friends.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh, though I am not advising that anyone become vegetarian or vegan by any means, I have found that those websites have some of the most amazing tasting recipes. You can always add in meat or cheese if you'd like. I use vegweb.com a lot, and I have had extremely good luck with the dishes on there. Before my husband and I became vegan, I was a bit unsure of how to make yummy veg dishes ( and I have a Culinary Arts degree!) but if you look for the ones with a high rating, they are spot on. I am not a sucker for sweets, I like "comfort foods", and let me tell you, there are plenty of options. If you would like to add me, please do. My diary is open, and I'm happy to share my recipes and adjust them for an omnivore's preferences. :drinker:
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    Yes, b/c roller coasters and vegetables are on the same level

Are you on here to give advice or tear people down??
    [/quote]

How have a torn you down? Are you here to only to have people tell you what you want to hear? B/c one person have you advice that you did not agree with and you threw a tantrum and called them a jerk. I happen to agree with the advise, although it may not have been eloquently stated. If you didn't like the statement, ignore it and move on.
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    Oh, though I am not advising that anyone become vegetarian or vegan by any means, I have found that those websites have some of the most amazing tasting recipes. You can always add in meat or cheese if you'd like. I use vegweb.com a lot, and I have had extremely good luck with the dishes on there. Before my husband and I became vegan, I was a bit unsure of how to make yummy veg dishes ( and I have a Culinary Arts degree!) but if you look for the ones with a high rating, they are spot on. I am not a sucker for sweets, I like "comfort foods", and let me tell you, there are plenty of options. If you would like to add me, please do. My diary is open, and I'm happy to share my recipes and adjust them for an omnivore's preferences. :drinker:

Hey thanks! I don't know how to add anyone, I literally started this up yesterday and this was my first post. I probably wont be posting anymore. But thank you!
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    How have a torn you down? Are you here to only to have people tell you what you want to hear? B/c one person have you advice that you did not agree with and you threw a tantrum and called them a jerk. I happen to agree with the advise, although it may not have been eloquently stated. If you didn't like the statement, ignore it and move on.
    [/quote]

what kind of advice is "grow up"?? That's not advice! Would you like to give me the definition of growing up? If you don't like what Im saying get off my post... theres some advice
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    And for the record, "not liking vegetables" isn't just being picky or acting like a baby. I'm especially sensitive to bitter flavors and they taste wretched to me and many other people. The people who say it's being childish to not want to eat a stalk of broccoli are obviously people who don't taste things the way some of us do. It's not a matter of acting grown up or not.
    [/quote]

Thank you!
  • sgorrell1
    sgorrell1 Posts: 1
    Options
    try a salad seasoning mrs dash puts them out and they add an extra zing
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    try a salad seasoning mrs dash puts them out and they add an extra zing

I've heard a lot about Mrs Dash Im going to try that! Thanks!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and blame my hormones if you'd like, but those of you who came here to shame OP and gave 0 advice are being absolute trolls.

She didn't even come close to saying "Tell me it's ok not to eat veggies"

She came for advice on how to do it because she knows she needs to.

Yes, she does need to suck it up and eat them. It's true. It's been done to death.

THIS is why posting on these forums sucks.

Remember, OP, that a ton of people posted recipes, as well as all of the people who, whether they could personally relate or not, gave good advice, whether it was delivered kindly or not.

Don't feed the trolls, and remember the ones that are trying to help. Lizziewhatever is being an instigator and knows it. She doesn't want you to do well, she wants you to be wrong. If you want to add someone, you can click on their username, or you can message them by using the dropdown arrow next to it. Don't let the ridiculousness keep you from posting if you have a question.
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options

I've tried them a few different ways. Tomatoes and Carrots are the big ones! lol I can eat carrots in a roast though! But tomatoes.. I cant seem to choke them down. I love fruits all fruits really! I could eat those all day but I know I have to get to eating some vegetables! I'm going to look up some recipes I think to see if I cant find something that sounds good! :smile:

Based on this reply I'm going to assume that you just haven't tried veggies in every way possible. I love veggies but I love them more with meat flavored anything. :) Try new ideas, go to allrecipes.com and look up some wonderful ways to cook them. I do believe that might be your only issue. Steamed veggies and salads... boring! I couldn't live on that either.

Veggies are good, and good for you! Good luck.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Thank you!
    [/quote]

Try the sweet vegetables first... peas, carrots, beets. It might be easier to work them "into" food also. I loathe spinach salad but I don't mind a handful in my omlette in the morning. Chili is a great place to hide them also. For my kids I shred zucchini and put it in meatloaf and muffins also :)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/series/thenewvegetarian

I will eat my hat if you can't find something in that you like to eat from that...

Oh, and grow up. *runs away*
  • Shaavo89
    Options

I will eat my hat if you can't find something in that you like to eat from that...

Perfect! Thank you! Don't eat your hat haha
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    @Shawndra89 - You'll benefit by putting a few people on ignore so you don't have to see what they say. Under their avatar is an arrow for a drop-down menu - View Profile, Send Message, Ignore. Put the people you feel are intentionally riling you up on ignore.

I don't eat a lot of veggies, but more than I did as a child. If I'm trying something new, I'll throw it in a salad or on a pizza. If it's okay in my mind, I'll use it for more stuff or add more of it to salads/sandwiches/etc.. For things like broccoli, turnips, et. al, I'll hide the taste with a dip I like (bbq sauce, ranch dressing, melted cheese). If I don't like it (flavor, taste, texture, whatever), I don't bother eating it again. You won't go to veggie Hell for not eating foods you don't like.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Perfect! Thank you! Don't eat your hat haha

Loooool - what if my hat is made of vegetables?

As for BeachIron - he is one my friends list and a great guy. He gives plenty of good advice.

I understand that his advice may have been a bit tart and not to your taste (see what I did there ;) but your OP could have been construed as a little petulant ("I will not eats ma veggies" *sticks out tongue and folds arms in defiance*)

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but sometimes tone is hard to convey online.

Keep asking your questions, stick around, enjoy the rough and tumble. You'll be golden ;)
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    Go ahead and blame my hormones if you'd like, but those of you who came here to shame OP and gave 0 advice are being absolute trolls.

She didn't even come close to saying "Tell me it's ok not to eat veggies"

She came for advice on how to do it because she knows she needs to.

Yes, she does need to suck it up and eat them. It's true. It's been done to death.

THIS is why posting on these forums sucks.

Remember, OP, that a ton of people posted recipes, as well as all of the people who, whether they could personally relate or not, gave good advice, whether it was delivered kindly or not.

Don't feed the trolls, and remember the ones that are trying to help. Lizziewhatever is being an instigator and knows it. She doesn't want you to do well, she wants you to be wrong. If you want to add someone, you can click on their username, or you can message them by using the dropdown arrow next to it. Don't let the ridiculousness keep you from posting if you have a question.

Okay thanks I finally figured out how to post on here, I thought eventually I would be able to figure out how to work this thing! I love the recipes! That's awesome! I love to cook, and cooking the same thing gets boring so I'm excited about these recipes! Thanks a bunch!
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options

what kind of advice is "grow up"?? That's not advice! Would you like to give me the definition of growing up? If you don't like what Im saying get off my post... theres some advice
    [/quote]

A) I didn't ask for advice. B) How is that advice better then beachirons "grow up"? C) Yes, please dictate & tell me to leave a public forum. and D) Didn't realize that you were such a noob to MFP & weren't accustomed to some people's bluntness. My apologies.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    THEN EAT WHATEVER U WANT AND JUST EXERCIS E IT OFF