girls in the gym

ced1389
ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

Replies

• redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Hey I go to the gym right after work and I have my full face on. I don't bother taking it off. Yeah I look like a train wreck when I'm done working out. The point is that is a really unfair judgement.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Why do you care?
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Hey I go to the gym right after work and I have my full face on. I don't bother taking it off. Yeah I look like a train wreck when I'm done working out. The point is that is a really unfair judgement.

i'm sorry, you're missing the point of my post. if you go there and look like a train wreck after... you're obviously not taking selfies and posting them on instagram or facebook or wherever. that's what annoys me. the gym is a place to work out, not flaunt your face or reel in a husband. my point was that they're there, but not doing anything. i apologize if i didn't phrase that correctly.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

THIS.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member

Hi.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    9/10 those selfies end up on tumblr under the perving section.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member

^^^ this.. couldn't agree more
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member

Ditto. I'm sorry my face offends you so much.

Also this.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Right now my lifting routine only takes about a half hour. Once the weight gets heavier, and I have more warm-up weight to work with, it will take longer. I do get sweaty, but not enough to make my make-up run. I go straight after work...why would I spend time removing my mascara before I go into the gym? Derp.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    But dang it... I think I look all sexy with my cheeks flushed, my hair a mess and dripping sweat..... all my Instagram followers do too.......
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    If you have time to notice who's wearing what in the gym, you're not working hard enough either.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    I'm always a hot mess at the gym.... but still wearing mascara!!! LOL
  • rdahlquist42
    rdahlquist42 Posts: 6 Member
    I get the wearing makeup, in a minimal everyday sort of way, I go to the gym straight from work so I have leftover day makeup on usually. The original post though is obviously talking about those girls that have makeup caked on and are more concerned about taking selfies and not working out.

It drives me crazy when people are taking selfies when I am trying to use the mirror to watch my form and what not. But not nearly as much as the girls who smell like they bathed in perfume before hitting the gym makes me want to slap someone. One girl at my gym gets on the eliptical and I literally have to move three away so that I CAN BREATHE! it is beyond ridiculous. I'm not saying girls cant wear makeup and perfume to the gym, but for the love of fitness gods everywhere can we keep it to a minimal? (in my opinion, this is also the way to wear makeup and perfume in all places, but hey, thats my personal philosphy.)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

And people on here still insist fellow gym-goers don't care about what other people are doing. :huh:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member

For real. I didn't realize there was a requirement to look like *kitten* before even entering the gym. I come right from work - next time I'll scrub my face and roll around in the parking lot a bit before going in so I look acceptable for OP.
  • Jenny9000
    Jenny9000 Posts: 45 Member
    I don't put makeup on for the gym...but sometimes I go there after work, or in the middle of the day (after running around doing other stuff)

So before you start freaking out realize some people have jobs and other **** to do before the hit up the gym....but yes, i must agree putting it on SPECIFICALLY for the gym is kind of silly, but if someone has low self esteem then do what they must, i guess.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    If you have time to notice who's wearing what in the gym, you're not working hard enough either.
    LOVE IT \m/
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    People that take pictures of themselves in the gym.. Just photo bomb them and they will stop.. when they look at you act like you have no idea what they are looking at.. or wink at em.