girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

if i wanna pay my dues to use their lovely lighting and full-length mirrors to grab awesome shots of myself for my facebook, i have every right. please just focus on whatever it is YOU'RE there to do.

unless of course, that is to notice what everyone else is doing...which you are perfectly allowed to do.
  • msqueenofpain
    msqueenofpain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    lmfao ! you read my mind! If you are too busy noticing what everyone else is doing/weaing YOU ARE NOT WORKING HARD ENOUGH!!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    There are other people at the gym?? Hm. Never noticed...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

This.

And...
    If you have time to notice who's wearing what in the gym, you're not working hard enough either.

This.

Mind your own business. If people come straight from work or somewhere else and have makeup on...who cares? If someone puts makeup on just to go to the gym...who cares? Why is it any of your concern?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    But us guys can still wear our makeup to the gym, right? That's ok, isn't it? Somebody please tell me it's ok. I need to know I'm not offending anyone.

Haha, of course you can! I'll even lend you my lip gloss :)

:flowerforyou:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

And also a food for thought: Ever wondered if those mirror photos (whether or not they end up on instagram) are simply progress pictures?

Or maybe a new MFP avatar?
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    But us guys can still wear our makeup to the gym, right? That's ok, isn't it? Somebody please tell me it's ok. I need to know I'm not offending anyone.

Haha, of course you can! I'll even lend you my lip gloss :)

That might be going a bit far. He's a handsome man and I'm all about facial hair on a gent, but you probably don't want a wayward beard hair in your lip gloss.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If girls aren't wearing makeup and heels in the gym, what am I doing all those curls for?
    Stop trying to alter the universe. /thread

lying-leg-curls.gif
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If I leave my home I have makeup on. I don't overdu though.
  • fpuckett2383
    fpuckett2383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

^This, a thousand times. Yes.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah. I go straight from work so I keep my makeup on. I take photos sometimes so my fitness buddies on tumblr and IG can see what I'm doing. Also, I like posting pics of my muscles and feeling extra proud. So just know that all those women you just described, think it is creepy that you're watching them while they're at the gym.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

I just re-read what you wrote. Was someone mean to you at the gym and now you are bitter. Did a pretty girl mad dog you? Cause you sound kind of angry!
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It really isn't hard to notice the chick with the caked on makeup and her boobs pushed up to her chin. I find it hilarious as well as ridiculous and somehow I still manage to get a full workout despite noticing it:) It's just a pet peeve the OP wanted to vent about...relax a bit.

thank you :smile:
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    In defense of *some* of the women you describe...If I hit a two-a-day, I am not washing my face before training, so I have makeup on..big deal. Second, there are times when I will intentionally go slow on the stepmill....it is very difficult if you flex your leg muscles tight with each step...don't be so "judge-y"

edit: Wow, I just realized you're a woman posting this garbage...smh.

Personally, I feel ridiculous wearing makeup at the gym even when I am coming straight from work. But I don't go out of my way to wash it off. My makeup is fairly understated though. I saw a girl with a full face of evening makeup and I'm thinking you cannot be serious. To top it off she was a size 0 soaking wet and was in a personal training session...oh and her boobs clearly had not settled yet after the surgery. Damn...I think I burned all of 10 calories during my workout because she was so distracting *sarcasm*
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options

And also a food for thought: Ever wondered if those mirror photos (whether or not they end up on instagram) are simply progress pictures?

Or maybe a new MFP avatar?

Progress pictures for my coach...
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well I agree with you. When all the treadmills are occupied and there's 3 or 4 bimbos tweeting or wathever instead of running.. I'm pisted!!!!!!! Get out of there so I can work out!
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

i thought i made that abundantly clear but i guess next time i'll spell it out word-for-word. you all assume i jump to conclusions that each person entering the gym with make up on doesn't take it seriously, but you're doing the same thing about me and this post??? i won't waste my time.

Don't bother.
    It is obvious you werent pointing fingers at serious exercisers.
    The politically correct/self righteous posters are in abundance.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    Why do people assume that everyone is at the gym for the same reason. There are people there to socialize, there are people there to work out (but not strenuous), there are people there working with injuries, there are people there to kick their own butts (sometimes theirs and someone elses!). Work on your own workout and don't worry about how others are/aren't working out to your standards. I never notice anyone at the gym, muchless if they are wearing caked on makeup and taking selfies. I'm way to busy busting my own bum to see that.
    I could not have worded it better myself!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    This thread is doing is exactly what the OP probably intended-

Piss somene off.

Anytime someone starts a thread with "I'm sorry but" or talks about "girls in the gym" the flame hounds are going to be released.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    :laugh: