girls in the gym

Replies

• HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    This post reminded me that I hate the word "selfie".
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    It really isn't hard to notice the chick with the caked on makeup and her boobs pushed up to her chin. I find it hilarious as well as ridiculous and somehow I still manage to get a full workout despite noticing it:) It's just a pet peeve the OP wanted to vent about...relax a bit.

thank you :smile:

You're quite welcome. In fact, I notice A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of people watching going on at the gym. Especially those who are lifting. You really have no choice in between sets. Some of you sound super insecure or feel implicated.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    OP is a joke.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

Don't try to say you were only referring to those who don't do anything...you were referring specifically to these women too. Long live Instagram, mascara, and VS. No wedgies here.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

Lol
  • SACasto
    SACasto Posts: 48 Member
    I go to the gym during my lunch break, so I cannot go too crazy while I am there or I will look like a mess when I get back to work, ha!
  • Why do you care?
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    It really isn't hard to notice the chick with the caked on makeup and her boobs pushed up to her chin. I find it hilarious as well as ridiculous and somehow I still manage to get a full workout despite noticing it:) It's just a pet peeve the OP wanted to vent about...relax a bit.
    ABsolutely not.

You are;
    insecure
    not serious
    have eyes
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    I wear makeup to the gym and I don't care who it bothers. I don't wear it to make you feel good about yourself.

Exactly. I get up at 4:50am, put on makeup and a cute outfit and go to the gym and work up a serious sweat. And thank the inventors of waterproof mascara.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Oh and I wish people saved the selfies for home. Do you not have mirrors or is the gym lighting that much better..or are you posting for likes on instagram to show off your gym membership- ugh!. Move over- space is limited in the evening lol

But hey...I can't deny that I give myself a once over after I finish changing- sue me. Presentation shouldn't be sacrificed just because you are working out.
  • Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.
    I completly agree with you, i see the same thing at my gym
    Also i go the gym right after work but that doesn't mean you can't wash
    It off,girls or women now a day's only go to the gym to check out the guys
    Those are the type of women who will fail in their attempts to lose weight & get in shape
    Because they are focused on other things.

This is the stupidest thing I have read today. So me deadlifting 225# is really a ruse so I can check out the guys at the gym? Don't tell my husband.

:noway: sit down and shut up.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    And now someone else is jumping in and calling women 'bimbos'. Why? Why all the woman-on-woman shaming in here? Why can't we just stop judging each other by the way we look? THAT is my point.

I'm guessing seeing 'cute' women or 'bimbos' in there is bothersome because they make you jealous and feel insecure about how you look. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but seriously... maybe some of you need to do some introspective thinking about WHY it bothers you so much.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    In defense of *some* of the women you describe...If I hit a two-a-day, I am not washing my face before training, so I have makeup on..big deal. Second, there are times when I will intentionally go slow on the stepmill....it is very difficult if you flex your leg muscles tight with each step...don't be so "judge-y"

edit: Wow, I just realized you're a woman posting this garbage...smh.

Personally, I feel ridiculous wearing makeup at the gym even when I am coming straight from work. But I don't go out of my way to wash it off. My makeup is fairly understated though. I saw a girl with a full face of evening makeup and I'm thinking you cannot be serious. To top it off she was a size 0 soaking wet and was in a personal training session...oh and her boobs clearly had not settled yet after the surgery. Damn...I think I burned all of 10 calories during my workout because she was so distracting *sarcasm*

So the chick, who is in shape and not overweight, clearly must not be working hard enough because she's dolled up. Oh wait. But she's in shape, which would imply that she in fact does work hard. Damn you, logic.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    I didn't really read beyond the first page here but I really couldn't believe how many women actually put on make-up to go to work every day. I wear make-up to weddings, funerals and job interviews. That's about it.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    37325599.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Oh and I wish people saved the selfies for home. Do you not have mirrors or is the gym lighting that much better..or are you posting for likes on instagram to show off your gym membership- ugh!. Move over- space is limited in the evening lol

But hey...I can't deny that I give myself a once over after I finish changing- sue me. Presentation shouldn't be sacrificed just because you are working out.

Okay now this is just hilarious.
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member

thank you :smile:

You're quite welcome. In fact, I notice A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of people watching going on at the gym. Especially those who are lifting. You really have no choice in between sets. Some of you sound super insecure or feel implicated.

right! exacttly. i work out at Anytime Fitness and the gym is in a really small strip mall. excuuuuse me if there's 3 working treadmills and minimal lifting space. i have nothing better to do than people watch. doesn't mean i don't make the most of my time & money there! i'm not concerned with the negative feedback on the post. i know what i do day in and day out and that's all that matters :happy:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    ****, I wake up in the morning and purposefully PUT ON MASCARA AND CONCEALER before I go to the gym! OMG! I still want to feel like I look awake and attractive at the gym, but my minimal makeup and coordinating gym clothes don't stop me from deadlifting 200+ pounds and doing workouts that would kill most women.

I may or may not look like hell when I'm done, but I promise you I had an awesome workout and I probably put your workout to shame. Just because I look good doing it doesn't mean it wasn't effective.

i don't wear make up to the gym.. but i do like your response.
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    I agree with most everybody here in the "why do you care?" camp, but I find it funny that in the moronic MFP nation filled with bikini profile pics and meatheads flexing in front of the mirror, the OP thought she would find someone who would agree with her. The rest of you should just go back your "rANk THE AboVe PoSTeR!!!" thread trolling.