girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I always have makeup on. I go straight from work and barely have enough time to change. Plus there are 14 of us in the same car and if hurry I don't get a ride. I have stopped honking my hornand throwing confetti while on the treadmill but hey, if you want to stare I'll put on a show!
  • AtlantaBob
    AtlantaBob Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So, can I wear a push up bra to the gym or not?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:
    How about not sucking in your gut in your "self mirror shot" to make you look skinnier.

Avoid the gym altogether, it's a lame place. Get out and run trails, go ride a bike, go snow shoeing or hiking in the winter...

I love it when people resort to personal attacks because they don't have the ability to converse in a mature fashion.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people did miss the point - a lot of us have annoyances and this is one of hers. When I used to go to the gym (work out at home now) I hated seeing people like, just hanging out, not working out, looking at themselves in the mirror, wearing a sh!tload of perfume, etc. The OP has a point, jeez!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people did miss the point - a lot of us have annoyances and this is one of hers. When I used to go to the gym (work out at home now) I hated seeing people like, just hanging out, not working out, looking at themselves in the mirror, wearing a sh!tload of perfume, etc. The OP has a point, jeez!

Imagine...having an opinion or grievance about something that doesn't affect you whatsoever. Shocking!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

How about not sucking in your gut in your "self mirror shot" to make you look skinnier.

Avoid the gym altogether, it's a lame place. Get out and run trails, go ride a bike, go snow shoeing or hiking in the winter...

strong second post.

tumblr_mnznh6Vgsq1stm4hgo1_250.gif
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!! People continue to ask how it affects me. IT'S A SMALL GYM! Utilize it or leave.

I also really hate when people use the machinery incorrectly because they have no idea what they're doing. That's a major cause of injuries. Anybody want to attack me about that?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Says the dude that lifts less than the woman he just attempted to insult
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Imagine...having an opinion or grievance about something that doesn't affect you whatsoever. Shocking!

Having an opinion or grievence is one thing. Making sweeping generalizations of the people based on those is another.
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    Well I also can't stand when people don't wipe down equipment after use, don't put a towel down when they sit on equipment and they are sweaty or wipe it down too much so that it is dripping wet. So there! Something that DOES affect me and my workout :)
  • jstika
    jstika Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I love it when people resort to personal attacks because they don't have the ability to converse in a mature fashion.
    Your original response wasn't exactly a shining example of maturity either. The holier than though approach, nice. And your profile picture, while nice, is unnecessary. Every "selfie" I see is with someone sucking in their gut, does it make you feel better?
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    The people defending the gym barbies are behaving no better than what they are accusing the OP of. Funny.
  • AtlantaBob
    AtlantaBob Posts: 129 Member
    Options

yeah. I can agree on the perfume issue. I swim weekday mornings and have never quite understood why some women wear perfume to the pool. It comes off as soon as they get in and coats the surface of the water. There's NO mistaking the taste of perfume oil when it gets into your mouth. Being an oil it tends to stay there too. gag

On the other hand, if that's the worst thing that happens during my day I'm a lucky guy.

NOTE TO SELF - invent flavored perfume for swimmers. ooooo, I'm on to something here :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

if you can notice what other people are doing/wearing, then you are not working out hard enough...
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Your original response wasn't exactly a shining example of maturity either. The holier than though approach, nice. And your profile picture, while nice, is unnecessary. Every "selfie" I see is with someone sucking in their gut, does it make you feel better?

We obviously have very different ideas of what the word mature means.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

THIS.

In ...for some of this...!
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    Okay...I just learned today that unless you lose your vision while working out, you aren't working hard enough.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    b...b.....but some of us come directly from work to the gym. we already haz makeup on. :(

*sobs violently in corner*