girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't put make up on to go to the gym, but I don't take it off. I rarely sweat when at the gym, so according to you I am not working hard enough. But then again, I don't do cardio. I pretty much look the same at the end as when I started...so, what's it to you? And I can assure you, I am working hard enough to get results at the gym
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I just set my makeup gun to "*kitten*"...

Simpsons reference...
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    In defense of *some* of the women you describe...If I hit a two-a-day, I am not washing my face before training, so I have makeup on..big deal. Second, there are times when I will intentionally go slow on the stepmill....it is very difficult if you flex your leg muscles tight with each step...don't be so "judge-y"

edit: Wow, I just realized you're a woman posting this garbage...smh.

Personally, I feel ridiculous wearing makeup at the gym even when I am coming straight from work. But I don't go out of my way to wash it off. My makeup is fairly understated though. I saw a girl with a full face of evening makeup and I'm thinking you cannot be serious. To top it off she was a size 0 soaking wet and was in a personal training session...oh and her boobs clearly had not settled yet after the surgery. Damn...I think I burned all of 10 calories during my workout because she was so distracting *sarcasm*

So the chick, who is in shape and not overweight, clearly must not be working hard enough because she's dolled up. Oh wait. But she's in shape, which would imply that she in fact does work hard. Damn you, logic.
    Cool story bro
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    I took my first driver-seat-duck-face-selfie just yesterday.

Granted, I wasn't wearing make up, but I did have on an amazing pink trucker hat that I "borrowed" from my job. And also, I took it as a joke because driver-seat-duck-face-selfie's are kinda dumb.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    And now someone else is jumping in and calling women 'bimbos'. Why? Why all the woman-on-woman shaming in here? Why can't we just stop judging each other by the way we look? THAT is my point.

I'm guessing seeing 'cute' women or 'bimbos' in there is bothersome because they make you jealous and feel insecure about how you look. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but seriously... maybe some of you need to do some introspective thinking about WHY it bothers you so much.

And for walking not running.

I guess I fall into this group. When I was doing contest prep (working out twice a day, kicking my *kitten*) part of my cardio was a lot of walking on the treadmill, no running (or a mix later on). I even *gasp* went on MFP to pass the time because walking is boring as hell and I wasn't allowed to hold the bar. And I was wearing Lulu.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Riiiidiculous. I go on my lunch break, sweat my *kitten* off for an hour and look good when I walk back out the door. If anyone has a problem with it, I'll add them to my haters list. I work hard, I lift heavy, I don't take pictures of hang around the mirror for anything but a form check, but you can bet my hair is teased and my makeup is on.
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    Oh and I wish people saved the selfies for home. Do you not have mirrors or is the gym lighting that much better..or are you posting for likes on instagram to show off your gym membership- ugh!. Move over- space is limited in the evening lol

But hey...I can't deny that I give myself a once over after I finish changing- sue me. Presentation shouldn't be sacrificed just because you are working out.

Okay now this is just hilarious.

Aww thanks!
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    37325599.jpg

LOL...precisely. Let's face it: some people are attention *kitten*.
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    But us guys can still wear our makeup to the gym, right? That's ok, isn't it? Somebody please tell me it's ok. I need to know I'm not offending anyone.

Haha, of course you can! I'll even lend you my lip gloss :)

That might be going a bit far. He's a handsome man and I'm all about facial hair on a gent, but you probably don't want a wayward beard hair in your lip gloss.

Hmmmm, you may be right.....i'll just be a nice gym companion and get him a free sample
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    It really isn't hard to notice the chick with the caked on makeup and her boobs pushed up to her chin. I find it hilarious as well as ridiculous and somehow I still manage to get a full workout despite noticing it:) It's just a pet peeve the OP wanted to vent about...relax a bit.

thank you :smile:

You're quite welcome. In fact, I notice A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of people watching going on at the gym. Especially those who are lifting. You really have no choice in between sets. Some of you sound super insecure or feel implicated.

right! exacttly. i work out at Anytime Fitness and the gym is in a really small strip mall. excuuuuse me if there's 3 working treadmills and minimal lifting space. i have nothing better to do than people watch. doesn't mean i don't make the most of my time & money there! i'm not concerned with the negative feedback on the post. i know what i do day in and day out and that's all that matters :happy:
    I don't know about you but I heard dogs hollaring.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha. I go straight to the gym from work and am often still in my makeup. But I usually am in an old ratty t-shirt and running shoes with a sports bra. And gym hair. Don't forget the gym hair lol.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mczataiKkK1rk11bto1_500.gif

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. he's been my boyfriend since 1st grade :love:

i think the OP is talking about girls who do absolutely nothing and take up space at the gym for no reason except to look cute. I've seen it plenty of times and its not cool.

although i really wouldnt care enough to make an entire post about it.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret bra holding up my girls while I squat and deadlift....and i took a selfie because i was so happy and proud i deadlifted big girl plates...in my pigtails.

make up on, and not running, cause it just doesnt.

kTgt67E.gif?1

3886b378cc768db8b8bb7ae78cb26aab.gif

44475254_7338.jpg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

Hold me!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret bra holding up my girls while I squat and deadlift....and i took a selfie because i was so happy and proud i deadlifted big girl plates...in my pigtails.

kTgt67E.gif?1

44475254_7338.jpg

You are clearly not working hard. Screw the actual results, if the makeup ain't running, it ain't working.
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    I didn't know a simple observation qualified as being in someone's business. Next time I'll try not to assess the girl in front of me at Starbucks cute outfit so I won't be in her biz haahaha

Some of you could stand to lighten up and learn what a pet peeve is. If you want to go to to the gym while your face look like it's going to the Emmy's, by all means- it won't affect my burn. But I will smile and be amused at the sheer ridiculousness of it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    There was this girl who went to my gym I nicknamed Prom Queen, because she was absolutely gorgeous and her hair was always perfect.

And that girl kicked *kitten*. She lifted weights - heavy , did pull ups - unassisted, and ran on the treadmills, fast. She might be the Prom Queen, but she's no princess.

I wish I'd asked her what makeup and hair products she used, because it was indestructible! :laugh:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

kTgt67E.gif?1

44475254_7338.jpg

Jealous that you found a Planet Fitness with plates of that size and a barbell. The ones I went to were nothing but treadmills and circuit machines!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    But us guys can still wear our makeup to the gym, right? That's ok, isn't it? Somebody please tell me it's ok. I need to know I'm not offending anyone.

Haha, of course you can! I'll even lend you my lip gloss :)

That might be going a bit far. He's a handsome man and I'm all about facial hair on a gent, but you probably don't want a wayward beard hair in your lip gloss.

Hmmmm, you may be right.....i'll just be a nice gym companion and get him a free sample

You are way too sweet! :wink: :drinker: :smooched:
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Well.... Here's my two cents, because I don't have anything better to do with my time.. I give credit to anyone that steps foot inside a gym, wether they work out like theyre training for olympics or if they just do a couple of sets and call it a day. Just going to the gym shows some effort to improve yourself physically. Some people may want to take pictures of themselves, maybe they like the way they look or maybe theyre happy with their progress, more power to them for loving themselves and wanting to look at pictures later and say "damn i look good" or post a picture on their instagram, who cares, if I see something I don't like, I do something pretty simple and don't worry about it... There are a million reasons women might wear makeup to the gym. One reason that I don't think you have considered is that maybe they have the fear of being judged based upon how they look which is exactly what seems to be going on here. If someone walks into the gym with a full face of neon eyeshadow and foundation that isnt even the right shade, it does not affect your workout at all. Being a woman is enough work. We have all of these ideals thrown at us as to what we should all look like, isnt that enough to worry about? Maybe it would be more productive if you smiled at a stranger or if you thought someone didnt work out enough, maybe say an encouraging word to them and it might motivate them when they come back, rather than stewing over the fact that this girl just took a picture of herself. Negativity is never a good thing, wether its internal or external. I personally put my music on and zone out when I go to the gym because not only do I not care who is doing what around me and how they look, but I feel like people often judge me. Thats my own issue and i realize that but posts like this show me that there really are people that go to the gym to people watch and judge everyone around them. However it makes me feel good that I know I go to the gym to focus on my workout and I don't waste my energy judging everyone else.