girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I go to work and don't wear makeup because I know I am going to the gym. If I do because I have an important meeting and I do take the time to wash it off before I go workout.

Some people are pressed for time or just don't care. Personally, I'm more concerned about my face looking like death with pimples everywhere (which I barely get because I'm so crazy for my hygiene) or a rash (I have very sensitive skin). Some women are ok with it.

But, the push up bras? I can't comprehend.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Wait, so if I wear a Victoria Secret push up bra I won't lose my ta-ta's on the stair stepper? *runs off to the semi-anual VS sale for new bras*

*runs off to follow you where ever you go*
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I don't care what girls wear at the gym. But personally, I wash my makeup off before I work out because I don't want to clog up my pores! I saw a woman putting on foundation and eyeliner before she lifted weights. I just thought that was a waste of effort since it is going to run off anyways........but she can do what ever she wants. Not everyone has a great complexion like I do (all thanks to ACCUTANE).
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    ****, I wake up in the morning and purposefully PUT ON MASCARA AND CONCEALER before I go to the gym! OMG! I still want to feel like I look awake and attractive at the gym, but my minimal makeup and coordinating gym clothes don't stop me from deadlifting 200+ pounds and doing workouts that would kill most women.

I may or may not look like hell when I'm done, but I promise you I had an awesome workout and I probably put your workout to shame. Just because I look good doing it doesn't mean it wasn't effective.

Took the words right out of my little mouth! I go to the gym at 4:30am and I at least put a small amount of cover up on blemishes/puffy "I just woke up" under-eye bags.

Buuuuuut.... if I saw girls at the gym taking "selfies" (i HATE that word BTW) I would just proceed to the squat rack and easily squat twice their weight. Post THAT *kitten* on Facebook, Barbie.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

i thought i made that abundantly clear but i guess next time i'll spell it out word-for-word. you all assume i jump to conclusions that each person entering the gym with make up on doesn't take it seriously, but you're doing the same thing about me and this post??? i won't waste my time.

Nah, we got your point. It still doesn't justify you getting worked up and judging other women by what they're doing in the gym.

Btw, it doesn't even matter if you're talking about women who walk in, stand around, take a couple pics, and then go home. It has NO effect on you. It is none of YOUR business. THAT'S the point everyone else is trying to make to YOU.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    But us guys can still wear our makeup to the gym, right? That's ok, isn't it? Somebody please tell me it's ok. I need to know I'm not offending anyone.

Hell yeah, I don't judge.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

i thought i made that abundantly clear but i guess next time i'll spell it out word-for-word. you all assume i jump to conclusions that each person entering the gym with make up on doesn't take it seriously, but you're doing the same thing about me and this post??? i won't waste my time.

I don't understand why you give a flip about this. If someone wants to come dressed up in high heels and a ballroom gown, this affects you how? As long as someone is not affecting me and my workout, who cares?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hey I go to the gym right after work and I have my full face on. I don't bother taking it off. Yeah I look like a train wreck when I'm done working out. The point is that is a really unfair judgement.

Same here, and my make-up looks the same. It's called waterproof. Get over yourself.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    If the girls walk in, take pictures of themselves, and leave, then they're not using up the gym equipment. NO. EFFECT. ON. YOU.
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    People that take pictures of themselves in the gym.. Just photo bomb them and they will stop.. when they look at you act like you have no idea what they are looking at.. or wink at em.

^
    YES!!!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Wait, so if I wear a Victoria Secret push up bra I won't lose my ta-ta's on the stair stepper? *runs off to the semi-anual VS sale for new bras*

Is it wrong that I read this as semi-anal?
  • kandienicole
    Options
    ****, I wake up in the morning and purposefully PUT ON MASCARA AND CONCEALER before I go to the gym! OMG! I still want to feel like I look awake and attractive at the gym, but my minimal makeup and coordinating gym clothes don't stop me from deadlifting 200+ pounds and doing workouts that would kill most women.

I may or may not look like hell when I'm done, but I promise you I had an awesome workout and I probably put your workout to shame. Just because I look good doing it doesn't mean it wasn't effective.

^^^agreed!!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

:drinker:

Also, I'm 100% for girls looking attractive at the gym.

Whether or not they're wearing make up.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    Gyms make me uncomfortable and I'm sure I'm not the only person. I don't exercise at a gym and I don't plan to anytime in the near future for this reason exactly.

I want to get fit so I can feel good about myself. As of right now, I feel good about myself by putting tons of mascara on (as I have big eyes and figure people will notice that before they do the extra few pounds). It puts me in such a terrible mood when people shout out at me asking why I'm wearing makeup when I'm on a run in the neighborhood. It's frankly none of their business; my times and distances are pretty good considering the weather, regardless of my eye makeup.

I understand you're curious about the lifestyle and actions of others, but there's no way that everyone can get fit in the same fashion.

And also a food for thought: Ever wondered if those mirror photos (whether or not they end up on instagram) are simply progress pictures?
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It really isn't hard to notice the chick with the caked on makeup and her boobs pushed up to her chin. I find it hilarious as well as ridiculous and somehow I still manage to get a full workout despite noticing it:) It's just a pet peeve the OP wanted to vent about...relax a bit.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am seriously sick of posts like this so this is the first time I'm actually responding to one. I am so sick of these I feel the need to respond.

I WEAR MAKEUP AT THE GYM. Wanna know why?????? Because I come straight from work!! YOU want me to take my makeup off before stepping to the free weights? Kiss my as$, girl. Seriously. GTF over it. I'm not bothering you.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hey I go to the gym right after work and I have my full face on. I don't bother taking it off. Yeah I look like a train wreck when I'm done working out. The point is that is a really unfair judgement.

Agree wholeheartedly. And it stays put the entire time I'm working out, thank you very much Urban Decay. And that's with workouts that last almost two hours and induce nausea. :D (I get glared at constantly, too - it sucks)

I do NOT, however, wear makeup in on the weekends... but there's no one in the gym either.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

Ahhhhh. This is what it all boils down to. Someone's a little insecure around well put-together women ..
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options

Nah, we got your point. It still doesn't justify you getting worked up and judging other women by what they're doing in the gym.

Btw, it doesn't even matter if you're talking about women who walk in, stand around, take a couple pics, and then go home. It has NO effect on you. It is none of YOUR business. THAT'S the point everyone else is trying to make to YOU.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    But us guys can still wear our makeup to the gym, right? That's ok, isn't it? Somebody please tell me it's ok. I need to know I'm not offending anyone.

Haha, of course you can! I'll even lend you my lip gloss :)