Oh brother, people find the most stupid things to rant about......... :huh:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    ?bb_attachments=289344&bbat=31687&inline&fullsize
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I popped myself some popcorn for this thread :happy: I'm gonna throw on some makeup and my lowest cut tanktop and go workout now ;)

At first, I saw; "I pooped myself .. "

Lmao! If I could do that....well....I'm sure peeps at the gym would not be talking about my makeup.
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah... if you're noticing their makeup, clothes, and them "scoffing" at you when you pick up weights (which I really doubt happens), it doesn't seem like they're the ones who are wasting time...

Ya, cuz you totally never see what other people are doing at the gym.

I see it, but I don't stare long enough to assess the brand of their outfit or translate a "scoff" in my direction, both of which the OP mentions in her post.

The brand was a generalization not to the outfit but to the push-up bra wearing women. And nobody's ever scoffed at you when you squat 200#? Cause they have me! I actually had one woman ask me if I was afraid I would look "Hulk like" someday. Uhhh.... no.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    This thread is long.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    *kitten*! I broke a nail while reading this thread... :sad:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I do not wear makeup to the gym. I do not wear makeup.

My friend does. She usually wears makeup when she goes out. Her logic is she's not going to shower, do herself up, go out on a date or whatever, go home, shower, scrub off all her makeup, go to the gym, and come home and shower. Makes sense to me. I tend to break out when I shower several times a day every day from dry skin or whatever.

You'll probably be offended by me tho. I usually wear a skort that looks like a skirt that has neony blue spandex underneath. Everyone looks offended when I wear those.

IDGAF about your skort! I also don't care that your friend wears make up. Are you actually working in there or just taking up space?

Game, set, match. Done here.

Y u mad?
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm always a hot mess at the gym.... but still wearing mascara!!! LOL

Ditto!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ?bb_attachments=289344&bbat=31687&inline&fullsize

bahahahahaha this gif is awesome..

and thread has totally been de-railed.....
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yeah... if you're noticing their makeup, clothes, and them "scoffing" at you when you pick up weights (which I really doubt happens), it doesn't seem like they're the ones who are wasting time...

I see it, but I don't stare long enough to assess the brand of their outfit or translate a "scoff" in my direction, both of which the OP mentions in her post.

The brand was a generalization not to the outfit but to the push-up bra wearing women. And nobody's ever scoffed at you when you squat 200#? Cause they have me! I actually had one woman ask me if I was afraid I would look "Hulk like" someday. Uhhh.... no.

I think it is really sad that people are scoffing at you....no one ever scoffs at me when I work out! Maybe they are scoffing at you because they think you are scoffing at them when you really think they are scoffing at you! OMG it's a never ending cycle.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

shoulda been clearer...
    you showcased your knowledge source...i showcased mine.

yours is very impressive btw.

jaw. on. floor.

So much for reading comprehension. :laugh: Public schools ftw.:flowerforyou:
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

No, they haven't. Instead of rant about it, just move on. Who gives a damn what someone is wearing or what they're doing? I lift, run, play volleyball, all while wearing makeup and if I notice someone looking at me I continue with my workout like normal. If I came on here complaining about how people wear no makeup, t-shirts, and sweats to work out I'd sound ridiculous.
  • Stargrace2
    Stargrace2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified to go to the gym (I suffer from agoraphobia). I think if people are brave enough to go there, get stuff done, look great or don't look great, whatever, take a picture and share it with the whole goddamn world because you are amazing.

As long as they're not purposely being rude or obnoxious (preventing you from using a machine, standing directly in your way, etc) it doesn't really matter. For all you know they used to be 300 pounds and they're damn proud of themselves. They've every right to flaunt it, no matter their stories.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I also really hate when people use the machinery incorrectly because they have no idea what they're doing. That's a major cause of injuries. Anybody want to attack me about that?

WHY. DO. YOU. CARE????????
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    WHY oh WHY do people care what other people do and don't do in the gym?

If someone wants to wear make up and take selfies, how does that impact someone else's ability to pick something up and put it down?

If the women who you claim "scoff" at you aren't standing on top of you and knocking you off balance while you are working out, then stop caring what they do.

If they ask you stupid questions, does that change what you're doing?

If a woman gives me a disapproving look, I take it as a sign I'm doing something right. That's worked for me for the past, I don't know, forever.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - I suggest that you concentrate more on your lifting regimen then trying to determine what brand of make up certain females, that you are obviously jealous of, are wearing...
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    OP - I suggest that you concentrate more on your lifting regimen then trying to determine what brand of make up certain females, that you are obviously jealous of, are wearing...

haha... okay.... :tongue:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I think it is really sad that people are scoffing at you....no one ever scoffs at me when I work out! Maybe they are scoffing at you because they think you are scoffing at them when you really think they are scoffing at you! OMG it's a never ending cycle.

Based solely on this tread, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if OP was rolling her eyes and making faces at other women in the gym. Not in the least.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

shoulda been clearer...
    you showcased your knowledge source...i showcased mine.

yours is very impressive btw.

jaw. on. floor.

So much for reading comprehension. :laugh: Public schools ftw.:flowerforyou:

:drinker:
  • ndj1979
    Options

the scoff cycle continues...

In OP's case..."the cycle of epic failure continues..." Stay tuned for part two "I hate all the dumb *kitten* people do at the gym - the ultimate dead horse thread"