girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I think it is really sad that people are scoffing at you....no one ever scoffs at me when I work out! Maybe they are scoffing at you because they think you are scoffing at them when you really think they are scoffing at you! OMG it's a never ending cycle.

Based solely on this tread, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if OP was rolling her eyes and making faces at other women in the gym. Not in the least.

"Based solely on this thread" ...exactly. You don't know me. Everybody jumps down my throat for being judgmental yet every one of you is doing the exact same thing. If I was that insecure, I probably wouldn't be on a public forum airing my weight loss journey. Think about it. And for the 100000000th x, my rant was ONLY about women that stand around and get in my way. My boyfriend and friends also complain about this. I'm just the only one with the audacity to own up to my frustration about it on a forum where I thought people were supportive and understanding... my b!
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    basically, this thread has no point. you're just criticizing other people and putting them down. If someone wants to look like a diva at the gym, its not your problem. If someone wants to wear jeans and boots to the gym, its not your problem. if someone wants to look like a friggin hobo at the gym, this also isnt your problem.
    no good can come from this thread, you just cant post something like this and expect not to be attacked. also, this topic has been posted up SO much that I think its time it just died.

This thread is pointless. Stop judging people... it's not your place. I'd rather have divas at the gym than someone who leaves a sweaty butt mark on the machines without wiping it down.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

shoulda been clearer...
    you showcased your knowledge source...i showcased mine.

yours is very impressive btw.

jaw. on. floor.

So much for reading comprehension. :laugh: Public schools ftw.:flowerforyou:
    And so much for comprehensive writing.
  • JewelleryByMandy
    JewelleryByMandy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sorry! What does THIS mean? :blushing:
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Why do ya'll care about how hard the OP is working? Just saying.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    On a serious note...what makes you think people are scoffing? By definition, they're actually coming up and making fun of you? Or talking about you and laughing? Giving you dirty looks? Staring?

My first few trips to the gym when I intended to hit the free weights for the first time, I just sort of d1cked around. I had no idea what I was doing and was really intimidated. So I watched some youtube vids, took up space on machines, got on the elliptical and didn't go very fast. And I stared at everyone using the weights, especially the women, because I was trying to absorb everything I could and work up the nerve to do it too. I'm sure I had a pained look on my face half the time b/c I was doubting my ability to do what they were doing.

I also wore makeup. Getting up the nerve to pick up a barbell was tough. I feel better about myself when I wear makeup, and I needed to walk in there feeling good about myself. I already felt like a joke b/c I didn't know what I was doing...worrying about looking unattractive AND like a dumb@ss would have been too much for me to ever make it to the squat rack.

Try not to worry about what other people are doing or why they're doing it. They may have completely different reasons than you think, and even if they don't, who cares? Not one of them is there to intentionally interfere with your goals.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I think it is really sad that people are scoffing at you....no one ever scoffs at me when I work out! Maybe they are scoffing at you because they think you are scoffing at them when you really think they are scoffing at you! OMG it's a never ending cycle.

Based solely on this tread, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if OP was rolling her eyes and making faces at other women in the gym. Not in the least.

"Based solely on this thread" ...exactly. You don't know me. Everybody jumps down my throat for being judgmental yet every one of you is doing the exact same thing. If I was that insecure, I probably wouldn't be on a public forum airing my weight loss journey. Think about it. And for the 100000000th x, my rant was ONLY about women that stand around and get in my way. My boyfriend and friends also complain about this. I'm just the only one with the audacity to own up to my frustration about it on a forum where I thought people were supportive and understanding... my b!

You scoffed at women who wear make up at the gym and you expect support and understanding?

Reread your OP. If you had written it differently and in the way that truly addressed your point (apparently, now it's about women who stand around and get in your way) then you would have received a different set of responses. Your failure to realize that and your continued lashing out at people telling you to stop judging other people at the gym isn't helping your case.
  • ced1389
    Options
    On a serious note...what makes you think people are scoffing? By definition, they're actually coming up and making fun of you? Or talking about you and laughing? Giving you dirty looks? Staring?

My first few trips to the gym when I intended to hit the free weights for the first time, I just sort of d1cked around. I had no idea what I was doing and was really intimidated. So I watched some youtube vids, took up space on machines, got on the elliptical and didn't go very fast. And I stared at everyone using the weights, especially the women, because I was trying to absorb everything I could and work up the nerve to do it too. I'm sure I had a pained look on my face half the time b/c I was doubting my ability to do what they were doing.

I also wore makeup. Getting up the nerve to pick up a barbell was tough. I feel better about myself when I wear makeup, and I needed to walk in there feeling good about myself. I already felt like a joke b/c I didn't know what I was doing...worrying about looking unattractive AND like a dumb@ss would have been too much for me to ever make it to the squat rack.

Try not to worry about what other people are doing or why they're doing it. They may have completely different reasons than you think, and even if they don't, who cares? Not one of them is there to intentionally interfere with your goals.

You know, I honestly never thought about it that way. Thank you for the constructive criticism. Maybe the women that stare or ask me if I'm afraid I'll end up "Hulk-like" would actually like tips or pointers but are too afraid to ask? THIS is why I posted this. Sometimes, I don't use logic and reason, I just get frustrated and need somebody to talk me down from my cloud. I'M HUMAN. That makes so much sense. :)
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret bra holding up my girls while I squat and deadlift....and i took a selfie because i was so happy and proud i deadlifted big girl plates...in my pigtails.

make up on, and not running, cause it just doesnt.

kTgt67E.gif?1

3886b378cc768db8b8bb7ae78cb26aab.gif

44475254_7338.jpg

holy ****, a planet fitness with barbells. it's like spotting a rare bird.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

This <3
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

You know, I honestly never thought about it that way. Thank you for the constructive criticism. Maybe the women that stare or ask me if I'm afraid I'll end up "Hulk-like" would actually like tips or pointers but are too afraid to ask? THIS is why I posted this. Sometimes, I don't use logic and reason, I just get frustrated and need somebody to talk me down from my cloud. I'M HUMAN. That makes so much sense. :)

I wonder how many calories back pedaling burns.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    All the girls missed the point. Congrats
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret bra holding up my girls while I squat and deadlift....and i took a selfie because i was so happy and proud i deadlifted big girl plates...in my pigtails.

make up on, and not running, cause it just doesnt.

kTgt67E.gif?1

3886b378cc768db8b8bb7ae78cb26aab.gif

I woould get kicked out if I tried to weight lift in PF

44475254_7338.jpg

holy ****, a planet fitness with barbells. it's like spotting a rare bird.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am usually in the office by 5am so I work out after work. So when I run/jog/gym I will have makeup on 9/10 times.

I have a picture of myself at the finish line of every race I've done.

What. The. F. Does that have to do with you?

tumblr_m2chpu7vP21r9h3lro1_500_zps71806a79.gif
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I like girls in the gym. Hot ones, not so hot ones, it's all meat. Meat that is hopefully bettering itself.

Just like me. I'm meat. A hairy ape just trying to be a better ape. This is what we came out of the trees for.

I'm all for the makeup girls too, as long as they don't look like Dee Snyder when they're done.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    4KNlJmN.gif
  • ced1389
    Options

You scoffed at women who wear make up at the gym and you expect support and understanding?

Reread your OP. If you had written it differently and in the way that truly addressed your point (apparently, now it's about women who stand around and get in your way) then you would have received a different set of responses. Your failure to realize that and your continued lashing out at people telling you to stop judging other people at the gym isn't helping your case.

How am I lashing out? I've actually been rather polite, even when undeserved. I believe I've been called a ***** for posting my opinion but I'm lashing out? Explain this to me again... because I believe I'm simply trying to get my point across that I highly dislike working out in my tiny Wisconsin gym with girls that stand around and don't do anything while I wait for them to move because its the polite thing to do. I could be rude but instead I voice my opinion where I think others can relate. End of discussion.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

How am I lashing out? I've actually been rather polite, even when undeserved. I believe I've been called a ***** for posting my opinion but I'm lashing out? Explain this to me again... because I believe I'm simply trying to get my point across that I highly dislike working out in my tiny Wisconsin gym with girls that stand around and don't do anything while I wait for them to move because its the polite thing to do. I could be rude but instead I voice my opinion where I think others can relate. End of discussion.

What he's saying is that you didn't say that.

You said "girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!"

That does not sound like an opinion about girls that stand around while you wait for them. That sounds like you judging people for wearing makeup and bras.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    sadie-workout.gif

*takes notes*

do wash vajayjay (from previous thread)
    do NOT shower (from previous thread)
    do NOT take selfies (from current thread)
    do NOT wear push up bra (unsure what to do about the fact that it always LOOKS like I'm wearing a push up bra)
    do NOT log times of workouts or amounts of weights on phone lest someone think I'm instagramming
    do NOT be in the way of OP
    do wash off mascara
    do wear waterproof makeup
    do NOT wear any make up
    do go after work with no time to remove make up (must get job first)
    do NOT look at anyone lifting anything
    do look at men at the gym
    do NOT look at women at the gym

Sounds legit.

Where is that people pleaser thread again?

ETA:
    do NOT workout in Wisconsin
    do NOT play Twisted Sister on MP3 Player
    do not stand around ever because it's "rude" to polite people and forces them to post a post instead of saying "excuse me" to me.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

It's angry OP day in the forums again. lolz