girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• xAndreaWx
    xAndreaWx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I put a full face of make up on when i go to the gym but work VERY hard while i'm there and dont look great by the end!! just get on with what you're supposed to be doing and stop eyeing up the girls haha
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hahaha....14 pages of responses to this thread. Seriously people....get.....f'ing.....lives.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hahaha....14 pages of responses to this thread. Seriously people....get.....f'ing.....lives.

Hey look!

Your post was one of them.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't put makeup on for the gym...but sometimes I go there after work, or in the middle of the day (after running around doing other stuff)

So before you start freaking out realize some people have jobs and other **** to do before the hit up the gym....but yes, i must agree putting it on SPECIFICALLY for the gym is kind of silly, but if someone has low self esteem then do what they must, i guess.

i don't believe i was freaking out... i work as well and often wear make up, not cake-up. i guess i should have been more specific, it's the rolled on with a paintroller make up wearing, stand-there-and-look-cute-while-i-pretend-to-do-something girls that drive me batty.

I find it really sad that you feel like you need to judge people. Have you ever taken the time to talk to them, do you know them personally. Everyone is fighting some kind of battle, so before you judge them for wearing what you presume to be too much make up and standing ther looking cute while they are pretending to do something, maybe you should think twice. Maybe, just maybe they are covering up something painful, maybe they are insecure, and you judging them, only fuels the insecurity. Even if it's not the case, what makes it okay for you to come on a public forum and be all high and mighty. I go to the gym after work with make up, I go to the gym first thing int he morning without make up and the last thing I need it to wonder if someone is judging me for either looking to "done up" or not.
    Second of all, you do not live in my body, you have no idea of what I am capable of and whether or not I sweat or not or work out hard enough for your liking is none of your business. I pay my gym membership, so what I choose to do while I am there is my concern, not yours or anyone elses for that matter.
    My fiance asked if I would want a workout room in our house, I told him no, that I like the gym atmosphere, and he told me he went to the gym when he was younger, he is a small guy about 5'8", and would not go back because he felt like he was being judged for being smaller, not strong enough..I told him it's not like that in the gym. Obviously, I was wrong, there are people out there, like you who judge others for what the percieve to be lack of effort, which is sad, because it DOES prevent people from getting healthier!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why won't this thread DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulls out bazooka and blasts the living F out of it.....
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    why won't this thread DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulls out bazooka and blasts the living F out of it.....

Bump
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Why do people worry about "being judged" in the gym. Who cares what other people think?

I wonder about people sometimes, I'm sure people wonder about me sometimes. It happens.
  • RGv2
    Options
    I don't put makeup on for the gym...but sometimes I go there after work, or in the middle of the day (after running around doing other stuff)

So before you start freaking out realize some people have jobs and other **** to do before the hit up the gym....but yes, i must agree putting it on SPECIFICALLY for the gym is kind of silly, but if someone has low self esteem then do what they must, i guess.

i don't believe i was freaking out... i work as well and often wear make up, not cake-up. i guess i should have been more specific, it's the rolled on with a paintroller make up wearing, stand-there-and-look-cute-while-i-pretend-to-do-something girls that drive me batty.

My fiance asked if I would want a workout room in our house, I told him no, that I like the gym atmosphere, and he told me he went to the gym when he was younger, he is a small guy about 5'8", and would not go back because he felt like he was being judged for being smaller, not strong enough..I told him it's not like that in the gym.

This sounds like there's another underlying issue, IMHO.
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    Can you "block" a thread from showing up in your home feed? Not trying to be a jack wagon, just curious.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

Oh, this is so true. Saw a woman last week who literally popped right out of her shirt. Her hair was plastered and it was just funny. I couldn't help myself - didn't mean to laugh as I'm not a cruel person...but I did!

Gym time is serious time. Get outta my way!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

TRUE STORY!
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    People that take pictures of themselves in the gym.. Just photo bomb them and they will stop.. when they look at you act like you have no idea what they are looking at.. or wink at em.

Best. Advice. Ever!

You have officially started my photo bombing spree, thank you! :wink:
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

LOL word.
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    All these people who say " if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough" clearly haven't had seen someone just sit on a bike or rowing machine on their phone. Not moving anything except their fingers. Seriously annoying when there are no machines free.
  • R2Vee2
    R2Vee2 Posts: 13
    Options
    ha! Love this.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    All these people who say " if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough" clearly haven't had seen someone just sit on a bike or rowing machine on their phone. Not moving anything except their fingers. Seriously annoying when there are no machines free.

I still don't understand why anyone would do cardio in a gym unless you live in Alaska.

Meh, to each their own.

Oh wait, that takes minding your own business, doesn't it?
  • RGv2
    Options

I still don't understand why anyone would do cardio in a gym unless you live in Alaska.

Meh, to each their own.

Is Minnesota OK? :bigsmile:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

maybe its me, but that doesn't make sense to me...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Meh, to each their own.

Is Minnesota OK? :bigsmile:

Last sentence, bro, last sentence.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha. I go straight to the gym from work and am often still in my makeup. But I usually am in an old ratty t-shirt and running shoes with a sports bra. And gym hair. Don't forget the gym hair lol.

This. I'm not there to meet or impress anyone. I'm changing sizes every month, so I'm not going to dish out a lot of $ on brand new gym clothes. I'll keep the $ for good shoes and my membership for now.