girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand why anyone would do cardio in a gym unless you live in Alaska.

I can manage outside in Arizona till it starts hitting the 115+ mark. Then I do cardio inside. Not that I CAN'T still do it, but the heat just sucks the energy out of ya and makes fro crappy workouts.

Totally agre. I live in Nebraska and it's nice out right now, but it won't stay that way. Not only that, but I'm a single mom. My oldest can ride a bike and keep up if I jog, but my youngest can't...however he won't sit in a stroller. The Y offers child watch so my other mom friends and I can meet up sans kids and work out together.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand why anyone would do cardio in a gym unless you live in Alaska.

I can manage outside in Arizona till it starts hitting the 115+ mark. Then I do cardio inside. Not that I CAN'T still do it, but the heat just sucks the energy out of ya and makes fro crappy workouts.

Totally agre. I live in Nebraska and it's nice out right now, but it won't stay that way. Not only that, but I'm a single mom. My oldest can ride a bike and keep up if I jog, but my youngest can't...however he won't sit in a stroller. The Y offers child watch so my other mom friends and I can meet up sans kids and work out together.

In for trimming obviously sarcastic posts and providing earnest answers to them . . . :grumble:
  • DryFlyGirl77
    DryFlyGirl77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Always has makeup on in the gym. I'm pretty sure it helps me lift more :wink: . Shame on me.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I love lamp.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i do cardio inside simply because my ankles and knees get sore from pavement and years of playing basketball
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    This is still going on?:noway: :huh: :yawn:

Yeah, apparently, when it finally looks like it's going to die (for example, having been dormant for 35 minutes), someone comes along and bumps it with a post that adds nothing to the conversation.

As for me? I will be greatly amused if this thread rolls.

its destined for roll over now...it should have died this morning...
  • txangel210
    txangel210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lol
  • txangel210
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

lol ☺
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Yeah, apparently, when it finally looks like it's going to die (for example, having been dormant for 35 minutes), someone comes along and bumps it with a post that adds nothing to the conversation.

rolling rolling rolling
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I love lamp.

tumblr_m1ro5epEMB1qkvjjvo1_500.gif
  • txangel210
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

For real. I didn't realize there was a requirement to look like *kitten* before even entering the gym. I come right from work - next time I'll scrub my face and roll around in the parking lot a bit before going in so I look acceptable for OP.

Wow...this is making my evening...lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Yes...

...yes it should have.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How about, to each their own? If they are wanting to look their best when they work out, that's their business. How does it affect anyone else?

When I go to the gym, yeah, sure, I may notice something like that, but, it's on me to ignore it, and go about my thing. I'm there for ME...not for anyone else. And that's as it should be for everyone, I think anyway.

-David / BootJockey
    -250lbs
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    ... oops wrong thread.
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    All these people who say " if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough" clearly haven't had seen someone just sit on a bike or rowing machine on their phone. Not moving anything except their fingers. Seriously annoying when there are no machines free.

See when that happens, I don't just sit around and wait. I walk right up to them and ask if they're done with the machine as I'd like to use it. Be proactive instead of grumbling about something you can change.

Oh I do, but I hate confrontation. I also hate being obese and walking up to the anorexic girl or the muscly guy and being like the gym police. It's raised eyebrow time like, 'Yeah...clearly this isn't a token gesture'. I might just start saying 'Obviously I need this more than you'.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    im gonna go cropdust that row of treadmills between sets
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    .....and I was rather excited to join a gym (this weekend). Actually, I still am, but threads like this could contribute to the paranoia some people experience about joining gyms. We're always told ,"No one cares what you're doing at the gym, others are far too busy focusing on their own workout." Apparently this is not always the case. Haha. I'm still joining and I'm going to rock on \m/.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i hope this thread goes on forever
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    go to a gym long enough and you pick up on all the regular quirks people have

theres the coughing guy on the treadmill

the extremely nice guy who asks everyone how they are and is he bothering them while he does his set

the guy who talks loudly on his phone so people know he's "important" that his workout needs to go on hold while he takes the call

the flock of women who have to have three treadmills open in a row to talk to each other

its human nature to notice things like this and those who are afraid they are going to be judged are also judging people just the same
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    ♫ This is the song that doesn't end
    yes it goes on and on my friend
    some people started singing it not knowing what it was
    and they'll continue singing it forever just because ♫