girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    All these people who say " if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough" clearly haven't had seen someone just sit on a bike or rowing machine on their phone. Not moving anything except their fingers. Seriously annoying when there are no machines free.

I still don't understand why anyone would do cardio in a gym unless you live in Alaska.

Meh, to each their own.

Oh wait, that takes minding your own business, doesn't it?

Is Minnesota OK? :bigsmile:

Touche' ... I live in Wisconsin and even the summer hasn't been the best of weather. Sometimes I bear the cold and wind, other times I just don't feel like running in a downpour. It happens.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    All these people who say " if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough" clearly haven't had seen someone just sit on a bike or rowing machine on their phone. Not moving anything except their fingers. Seriously annoying when there are no machines free.

I still don't understand why anyone would do cardio in a gym unless you live in Alaska.

Meh, to each their own.

Now we're flaming each other over WHERE we exercise? Wow...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Meh, to each their own.

Last sentence, bro, last sentence.

I'm just giving you crap about it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Meh, to each their own.

Last sentence, bro, last sentence.

Mind your own business, dude, you brought it up, I just gave you crap about it.

In for more butt hurt lolz
  • RGv2
    Options
    Lulz,

You're reply made no sense, how is looking for clarification butthurt..
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Lulz,

You're reply made no sense.

Unknown_zps826982c2.jpeg
  • RGv2
    Options
    Lulz,

Unknown_zps826982c2.jpeg

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

1000x500px-LL-c28b345c_gleason_not_sure_if_serious.jpeg
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Lulz,

Unknown_zps826982c2.jpeg

cpr_zps052e51e0.gif
  • CZmuscle34
    CZmuscle34 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.
  • CZmuscle34
    CZmuscle34 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Once you pay your membership fee you can do whatever you want in the gym! Who's to say what it's for?! Some muscleheads might say if you can't bench 300 lbs. you shouldn't be in the gym. I say as long as you made it to gym that is already the first step, a step in the right direction. Some people don't go to the gym because they feel they are being judged (you are a perfect example) Try to be supportive and not worry too much about what others do. I wish you well and continue working out hard and living a healthy lifestyle! :happy:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    6dd.jpg

taRHHGN.gif
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

Meh, to each their own.

Correction: Minne-SNOW-tah! Sheesh... :wink:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Lulz,

Unknown_zps826982c2.jpeg

cpr_zps052e51e0.gif

Is it weird that the first thing I thought of was that it looks like one is wearing the bottoms that match the other's top?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Lulz,

Unknown_zps826982c2.jpeg

cpr_zps052e51e0.gif

Is it weird that the first thing I thought of was that it looks like one is wearing the bottoms that match the other's top?

your a chick so no...

I on the other hand, immediately locked my office door and took care of ummm business...yea that's it...five minute conference call with Jack from MeOff Industries....ahahahahahahahahahahahah JK..kinda..
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Meh, to each their own.

a lot of them are way easier on the joints than running? plus, you can read a book/watch tv during it.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

i thought i made that abundantly clear but i guess next time i'll spell it out word-for-word. you all assume i jump to conclusions that each person entering the gym with make up on doesn't take it seriously, but you're doing the same thing about me and this post??? i won't waste my time.

I think you're missing the point people are trying to tell you.

WHO CARES.

If they pay their monthly dues, what they do at the gym and how they do it is entirely up to them so long as it's within the complex's rules. If all you're doing is paying to go to the gym to watch other people, then you have just as much an issue as the people you're complaining about.

Go to the gym, have your workout, feel awesome and methinks you'll stop noticing who's doing what. There are far more important things to worry about in life.
  • silken555
    Options

See when that happens, I don't just sit around and wait. I walk right up to them and ask if they're done with the machine as I'd like to use it. Be proactive instead of grumbling about something you can change.
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    AMEN SISTER!! I look like a MAN when I go to the gym...I wear baseball caps my acne is looking awesome and my muscular legs bulge from my pants and I DON'T CARE! I lift weights...I run...I sweat my imaginary BALLS off and I LOVE IT!
  • silken555
    Options
    sadie-workout.gif

*takes notes*

do wash vajayjay (from previous thread)
    do NOT shower (from previous thread)
    do NOT take selfies (from current thread)
    do NOT wear push up bra (unsure what to do about the fact that it always LOOKS like I'm wearing a push up bra)
    do NOT log times of workouts or amounts of weights on phone lest someone think I'm instagramming
    do NOT be in the way of OP
    do wash off mascara
    do wear waterproof makeup
    do NOT wear any make up
    do go after work with no time to remove make up (must get job first)
    do NOT look at anyone lifting anything
    do look at men at the gym
    do NOT look at women at the gym

Sounds legit.

Where is that people pleaser thread again?

ETA:
    do NOT workout in Wisconsin
    do NOT play Twisted Sister on MP3 Player
    do not stand around ever because it's "rude" to polite people and forces them to post a post instead of saying "excuse me" to me.

:DDDDDDDDDDD
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    OP---Can we please be friends?! This is one of my pet peeves at the gym, and a reason that I don't like them. It seems that girls who use the gyms here are looking to pick up guys instead of bettering themselves, which is really sad!

However, I do usually have on makeup when I am at the gym. BUT only because I have come from work. When I leave, it probably isn't evident to anyone that I actually know anything about it. My motto--if my face isn't messed up by the time I leave, I shouldn't be leaving. I am there for a reason and it is to work my tail off!!