girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    My trainer once said to me "You were a 4 at the Gym, but when your all dressed up your a 9"

I must not fall into the category your describing.
    But Im not going to wash off my make-up if I go right after work
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    catty thread is catty.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I usually have makeup on when I workout and it stays pretty in tact. I am pretty sure I work f***ing hard as well, so bite me. Lots of sprinting and hill running, followed by weighted lunges, squats, box jumps and so on. I go there after I have been somewhere else for the day, just easier with it on and I use special creams (SKII) and don't have it cause break outs either, so :tongue:
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can't control what people do or don't do at the gym or anywhere. Everyone pays their membership fees to be there. Some people may be taking selfies while working out to post later for blogging that will inspire others to work out and be fit and healthy. You may have even used some of these pictures as your own inspiration.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    HA HA
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My rule is, try to have some self respect and look your best whenever you walk out the door. But be appropriate for the occasion. I wear cute matching clothing and a little make-up, but try to be modest. (No boobs hanging out.) I look like someone threw a bucket of water on me when I am done. Ha! we should all post before and after gym pics. (No selfies though!) I have never seen anyone at my gym take a selfie. It does make me feel uncomfortable when someone is way over- exposed. It is just kind of awkward and I feel embarrassed for them. I just figure they don't know any better and cut them some slack, and they can still be my friend. :happy:

People who show up looking like slops wherever they go end up feeling uncomfortable and have to hate on those bothered to give hoot about how they looked. Some even try to shame others into dressing like them by making them feel guilty for looking good. Sorry, not gonna happen.
  • pattibarszcz
    Options
    Maybe they go straight to the gym from their job or someplace else and happen to have makeup on. I go right after work and I have makeup on and besides...............why do you care??
  • black_vortex
    black_vortex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a performer (dancer) so my make up has to last while sweating up a storm and under heavy duty lights (plus all the other things that stress it when you perform like costume changes, hairspray and glitter, brushing up against other people, backdrops, curtains, walls, lack of ventilation, boiling waiting rooms then freezing side stages and oh, did I mention bright hot lights and working out to a crazy degree?) Because make up isn't cheap, a lot of my stage make up is used for everyday as well.

Given that, do you seriously think a gym workout (even an intense one) could compare to hours of punishing treatment it gets when performing? It has no effect, so if I wore make up during the day; then decided to gym; its not going to come off or smudge. I don't do it to be hot while at the gym, but even if I did; how you can judge people for getting out there and moving, doing whatever is required to motivate them self? Some one sounds pretty insecure since they're so concerned about what others do that doesn't effect them at all.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

That is all.

Roll this thing so it stops appearing in my topics, please.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have to dress like a man at work. I wear eye make-up to make myself feel better about it. I go to the gym for the last hour of my work day. I always look RED when I am done, but at least my eyes look pretty. I do not care who looks at me or what they think. lol!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I get it, but at least they're there. Chances are they're younger and aren't as serious, but they're still doing something positive. There are far worse things they could be doing than showing up to the gym in a push up bra.
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is getting rather ridiculous. I posted this days ago and I'm still getting backlash about it. I apologize, I should have phrased it in a more sensitive manner... it doesn't really have anything to do with the make up, I wear make up myself (on occasion), but it has everything to do with people in the gym taking up space and not being considerate of others. AND the girls in there NOT TAKING PICTURES OF THEIR PROGRESS, but of their faces. You're right, it doesn't affect me because I could kindly ask them to move if they're in my way. I aired an opinion and social grievance of something that sincerely bothers me. Tell me I'm back pedaling, call it what you want, but really I'm just a respectable adult who can own up when she's wrong. If you read into it so deeply and think I'm so insecure blah blah blah, but you don't even know me, you're making the same snap judgments I made in my original post. I'm human, I'm sorry.

How can I get this garbage deleted? Cause it's got to go.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    This is getting rather ridiculous. I posted this days ago and I'm still getting backlash about it. I apologize, I should have phrased it in a more sensitive manner... it doesn't really have anything to do with the make up, I wear make up myself (on occasion), but it has everything to do with people in the gym taking up space and not being considerate of others. AND the girls in there NOT TAKING PICTURES OF THEIR PROGRESS, but of their faces. You're right, it doesn't affect me because I could kindly ask them to move if they're in my way. I aired an opinion and social grievance of something that sincerely bothers me. Tell me I'm back pedaling, call it what you want, but really I'm just a respectable adult who can own up when she's wrong. If you read into it so deeply and think I'm so insecure blah blah blah, but you don't even know me, you're making the same snap judgments I made in my original post. I'm human, I'm sorry.

A lot of people commenting don't realize the thread is a couple of days old, or bother to read through all 17 million pages and don't realize they are saying the same thing that has been already said numerous times.
    You can't delete the thread, just ignore and it will die eventually. Or roll. But if it rolls it will only show up in your list if you comment again.

It's actually kinda pointless to respond to them now, once the new page starts, your comment gets lost anyway.
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    where's the: "this thread is useless without pics"

I wasn't reading through 17 pages to find it
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

A lot of people commenting don't realize the thread is a couple of days old, or bother to read through all 17 million pages and don't realize they are saying the same thing that has been already said numerous times.
    You can't delete the thread, just ignore and it will die eventually. Or roll. But if it rolls it will only show up in your list if you comment again.

It's actually kinda pointless to respond to them now, once the new page starts, your comment gets lost anyway.
    truth. nobody will read 17 pages to see if there's an apology somewhere!

the best thing to do is take it as a life lesson, quit responding and move on.
  • Colemanlo1
    Colemanlo1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I show up in makeup everyday at the gym around noon but its because that's my lunch hour off from work and I wear makeup to work. It's always gone by the time I leave though. I sit in a chair all day and its good to get that activity makeup or not.

I see that this is an old post though so just ignore :)
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    When I first started my gym, I was going in after work with my full make up on..and I actually felt self-conscious because I thought I'd be the only one. SO many other girls do too, and I see them walk in dressed all business-y, before getting changed into workout clothes. I'm not about to cleanse beforehand, because excessive cleansing will break me out, and makeup wipes have been known to berak me out too. I find it easier to exercise with makeup on..and take it off when i get home and have a shower.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

It's not your thread any more. Just enjoy the ride ..

PROTIP: To get it deleted, consider reporting yourself.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I almost hate posting again because it extends the thread, but that said, the subject is dropped in my book. Thanks for being the rare beauty on here that says "oops, I'm sorry."
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I almost hate posting again because it extends the thread, but that said, the subject is dropped in my book. Thanks for being the rare beauty on here that says "oops, I'm sorry."

I wouldn't worry about it hun, like all things on mfp, it will blow over in a couple days :flowerforyou: