girls in the gym

Options

Replies

• ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is getting rather ridiculous. I posted this days ago and I'm still getting backlash about it. I apologize, I should have phrased it in a more sensitive manner... it doesn't really have anything to do with the make up, I wear make up myself (on occasion), but it has everything to do with people in the gym taking up space and not being considerate of others. AND the girls in there NOT TAKING PICTURES OF THEIR PROGRESS, but of their faces. You're right, it doesn't affect me because I could kindly ask them to move if they're in my way. I aired an opinion and social grievance of something that sincerely bothers me. Tell me I'm back pedaling, call it what you want, but really I'm just a respectable adult who can own up when she's wrong. If you read into it so deeply and think I'm so insecure blah blah blah, but you don't even know me, you're making the same snap judgments I made in my original post. I'm human, I'm sorry.

How can I get this garbage deleted? Cause it's got to go.

I almost hate posting again because it extends the thread, but that said, the subject is dropped in my book. Thanks for being the rare beauty on here that says "oops, I'm sorry."

Of course. Took me the better part of my life to realize the importance of admitting when I'm wrong. :happy: I'm here for positivity and progress!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is getting rather ridiculous. I posted this days ago and I'm still getting backlash about it. I apologize, I should have phrased it in a more sensitive manner... it doesn't really have anything to do with the make up, I wear make up myself (on occasion), but it has everything to do with people in the gym taking up space and not being considerate of others. AND the girls in there NOT TAKING PICTURES OF THEIR PROGRESS, but of their faces. You're right, it doesn't affect me because I could kindly ask them to move if they're in my way. I aired an opinion and social grievance of something that sincerely bothers me. Tell me I'm back pedaling, call it what you want, but really I'm just a respectable adult who can own up when she's wrong. If you read into it so deeply and think I'm so insecure blah blah blah, but you don't even know me, you're making the same snap judgments I made in my original post. I'm human, I'm sorry.

How can I get this garbage deleted? Cause it's got to go.

Are you asking how to unring a bell?

It's true, though. On MFP, that is possible. Report your OP w/ a reason of "other" and let them know that it was poorly phrased and let to conclusions you didn't intend. While I personally think this can be (and is) frequently overused by some to cover up a pattern of poor judgment, in isolated cases like this, it seems like a perfectly reasonable approach.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

this

couldn't agree more aka
    don't be hatin'

that is what waterproof makeup is for.
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    LOOK...it's back
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't really wear make up in the gym although I might put a little concealer under my eyes thats it. There's no point on wearing make up you'll just sweat it off.
  • Mollyor
    Mollyor Posts: 3
    Options
    This morning at the gym I looked like a sweaty *kitten*. The gym is not for looking pretty. Its for beating the fat off yourself.
  • SlenderClassyElegant
    Options
    This one woman kills me.

She always has 2 or 3 sets of false eyelashes on, tons of blush, gloss, etc.
    Her workout bra shows far more than is appropriate, and she won't talk
    to anyone.

Smells like serious insecurity to me.

I've seen the guys drooling over her, though. Half of me is jealous; the
    other half says, "Go rip off those eyelashes RIGHT NOW!!!" lol:huh:
  • SlenderClassyElegant
    Options
    This morning at the gym I looked like a sweaty *kitten*. The gym is not for looking pretty. Its for beating the fat off yourself.

Thank you for the beautiful visual; I needed a good chuckle. "Sweaty *kitten*" indeed. You made me LOL. :laugh:
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    sometimes I wear make-up to the gym because I already have it on. I don't understand why you would want to put on fresh make up to go to the gym and sweat it off, but if you do, that's up to you! I love to take pics at the gym and show my other fitness pals how hard i'm working. I love the inspiration I get from others when i scroll across their gym pics... not sure if you went about this the right way, but I do know where you're coming from..
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank all women who look cute at the gym.
    Love this
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    Wow who cares? If they wanna pile on 10 pounds of make up to go to the gym - why let it bother you? Sounds like jealousy to me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ... you're giving us a bad rep!...

Nobody else gives ME a bad rep. I make my own rep. I could give a crap about what other people do. It has no bearing on me, personally.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

I'm sorry, I come by in the middle of my work day... and that's a progress pic... not that it matters to me what your complaints are.

ETA: I really need to watch the zombie posts... :grumble:
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    If sexy girls want to be hot and sexy at the gym - STOP BEING JEALOUS!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

Last time I checked my Mascara and eye liner didn't prevent me from doing my squats and deadlifts.

I personally don't have time to watch what other girls are wearing or if they have makeup on, I'm too busy lifting and minding my own shyt
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    The best way to mind your own business is to tell other people to mind their own business... for real. sorry, op, it's just funny. Of course you have a right to be annoyed at other people even if it's not any of your business but if you share it... WELL, suddenly everyone's opinion but yours matters right?
  • fit4justme
    fit4justme Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

Love this ^^^^^
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    She always has 2 or 3 sets of false eyelashes on

I'm intrigued!

Obviously, one set go on your eyes.

But where do you put the other sets?

On the back of your head? I'm getting some other fun ideas... :drinker:
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Seriously!!! This makes me glad I work out in the free weights area of the gym with mostly guys. I'm sure the men don't critique the ladies on their hair, makeup, nails or attire. Not sure why some women feel the need to do that to other women.
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    I'm obviously a guy, so my opinion might not be wanted in here but-

It never ceases to amaze me what women care about in the gym. We're all there to work out-it shouldn't matter what other people are doing or wearing. At all.

If you have the time to bothered by another person in the gym who's not directly interfering, I suggest upping the intensity of your workouts.