I called oatmeal cookies unhealthy and I got blasted - why?

Options

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    This thread just won't go away, and all it does is make me want a cookie.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I consider all these things unhealthy.

There's your answer. Just because you consider something to be unhealthy doesn't mean it is.
    In fact all of these things in moderation are good for you. Just because you believe you are unable to do things in moderation doesn't make those things automatically unhealthy.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

I know! I ended up grabbing one from the bakery at lunch..a German chocolate one that was all kinds of delicious!
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

I know! I ended up grabbing one from the bakery at lunch..a German chocolate one that was all kinds of delicious!

I think I'll do the same! That sounds awesome.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I consider all these things unhealthy.

There's your answer. Just because you consider something to be unhealthy doesn't mean it is.
    In fact all of these things in moderation are good for you. Just because you believe you are unable to do things in moderation doesn't make those things automatically unhealthy.

^^ this. It isn't the food that is unhealthy necessarily, but the way it is being consumed..
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Chuckling here. My employer has a treat out for us every Friday morning. Guess what the treat today was? You know which one I had to take, don't you? :)

OatmealCookieBite.jpg

It wasn't a modest little cookie either, but a honkin' two-and-a-half serving Costco cookie.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Chuckling here. My employer has a treat out for us every Friday morning. Guess what the treat today was? You know which one I had to take, don't you? :)

OatmealCookieBite.jpg

It wasn't a modest little cookie either, but a honkin' two-and-a-half serving Costco cookie.

awesomeness!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

I have cookie batter chilling in the frig!

• kk_inprogress
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Erhmehgerd I can't wait to go home and make COOOOKIES!!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

I read that and my mouth immediately watered. ...I think I'll make room for a cookie today. :smiley:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank to whoever posted this link earlier - http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/218926/bacon-oatmeal-breakfast-cookies-with-maple-glaze/

I skipped the maple glaze cuz a reviewer said it was too sweet. I halved the recipe, and had to halve the bacon cuz that was all I had, used a 1/4 C scoop and got seven 224 calorie cookies. They did spread like crazy - need lots of room. Nom nom nom!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Thank to whoever posted this link earlier - http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/218926/bacon-oatmeal-breakfast-cookies-with-maple-glaze/

I skipped the maple glaze cuz a reviewer said it was too sweet. I halved the recipe, and had to halve the bacon cuz that was all I had, used a 1/4 C scoop and got seven 224 calorie cookies. They did spread like crazy - need lots of room. Nom nom nom!

You're welcome! I also skip the glaze, but I do add a bit of maple into the batter, because I love the sweet/salty combo it gives the cookies. Eating one sorta reminds me of having a breakfast of pancakes and bacon.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »

You're welcome! I also skip the glaze, but I do add a bit of maple into the batter, because I love the sweet/salty combo it gives the cookies. Eating one sorta reminds me of having a breakfast of pancakes and bacon.

Did this just become a breakfast food thread?

Bacon%20Pancake%202.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1326130410700
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Beer for breakfast I say....you can't drink all day if you don't start right away.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I was about to close this thread from all the herping and derping. Then I got to page 15, where Hornsby took us into the beer dimension. I'm reinvigorated.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Beer for breakfast I say....you can't drink all day if you don't start right away.

I think many of the grapefruit beers (non-IPA versions) pair very well with breakfast, especially the shandy.
    tbw_032015grapefruitbeers_14876851_8col.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Every once and a while there's just nothing better than the sweet/salty breakfast combo.

I'm currently obsessed with the idea of chicken and waffles, but I haven't actually ever tried it (I'm reasonably confident I will like it, it's not exactly easy to make fit). I will have to make that a post huge workout brunch sometime soon.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Now I might have to take up beer. Is there a fruity girly beer that doesn't taste of hops?

Leinenkugels Summer Shandy

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I think I know what I'm making for breakfast tomorrow now!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Now I might have to take up beer. Is there a fruity girly beer that doesn't taste of hops?

Leinenkugels Summer Shandy

or this, I found it to be amazing before Celiac took it away from me:
    kriek-with-bottles.jpg