for those of you who are scared to eat whatever you want...

Options

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Morning y'all! ...*egg mcmuffin delight in hand* ... Damn now I'm braggin about my weight loss with 'un-Healthy Food' :s #shameOnMe :*
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Ty_Floyd wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Ty_Floyd wrote: »
    glitzy196 wrote: »
    The point is, i knew i had basically the definition of a 'crap' day. But i kept my crap to my allotted calories, and i lost. I lost a lot. I see so many posts about people saying i only eat healthy why of why can't i lose..

It is hopefully encouraging for other people to see that everything is ok. Even all at once if you follow the rules.

If i ate 3500 calories of chicken breast and broccoli i don't think i would have seen the same results.

Not to mention, my kid was pretty happy i was there. So..i win all the way around.

You probably were dehydrated after eating so much sugar in one hit. That would explain the 1.8 pounds weight loss.

I have now heard everything

Sugar is famous for dehydrating a body in non-diabetics? (ETA...please read in sarcastic tone of voice)

Also dehydration causes water weight gain, not loss

Not really sure what point you are making here

Google "osmotic diuresis". Perhaps I have misunderstood it, but I had this explained to me by a nurse.

But in any case surely some kind of water loss is the only logical explanation for the weight loss that was described in the original post... unless you are supporting the idea of 1.8 lbs of fat loss in one day?

Interesting. Wikipedia confirms the idea that if your blood glucose levels are high then you are likely to experience osmotic diuresis. BUT, unless OP has IR, one would think that the blood glucose levels would revert to normal quickly. And if her glycogen levels were not at maximum (which I think they seldom are when dieting), they would increase in the process of reducing blood glucose, which theoretically should cause her to retain water and GAIN weight. (If I have something mixed up someone PLEASE correct me.)

Does not negate your comment that it seems unlikely that she had 1.8lbs of fat loss in one day.

I have experienced the situation where I have been exercising like a mad woman and eating at a deficit for days and even weeks on end and those stupid scales don't budge. Then I go and eat a little junk food or a little extra food and whoosh, down goes the scale. WTF? I've heard some theory about fat cells storing water for a period of time but eventually there is a whoosh. Maybe it was coincidence that it happened when I LEAST expected it.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much! All of the people who say this does not happen are here making it happen.

OP has a day of chicken nuggets and pizza, doesn't post a gain, in fact posts a loss that she isn't claiming is only fat just that it happened, and suddenly she's diabetic and not eating any nutrients at all. AND she's a bad parent.

When in reality, she acknowledged that it wasn't the most nutrient-dense day ever, but stayed in her calories, posted a loss, and is celebrating the fact you don't have to be perfect to lose weight.

Because you don't. Again, great job, OP!
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I do find it interesting that there are so many "eat whatever you want as long as there is a deficit threads." But when someone (me) takes it completely literal the notion is attacked. Thankfully im smart enough to recognize my choices as less than stellar. But i won't beat myself up over it, nor should anyone. My goal is weight loss. And it can be achieved without changing what you eat. My goal is not (and never will be) how much food that i hate can i choke down today. Thankfully i don't eat to eat, i eat because i am hungry, and because food tastes good. I became over weight because it tasted soooo good i wanted seconds and thirds.

Something i read on here once really resonated with me, a poster madr a comment about 'knowing this is not the last piece of cake i will ever eat' i now tell myself that often. It is totally cool for me to have a bite. I will see cake again in my future, so there is no need to inhale 3 servings. It is what works for me.

Besides, any effort is better than none..somewhere out there a chubby girl is thinking she can never lose weight, she chews a celery stalk..and dreams of milkshakes. She will fail. Because that lifestyle sucks. I hope she is reading this thread. I hope she enjoys life..goes to dinner with her friends and orders what she wants, not a side salad with no dressing.

I hope i teach my 3 year old daughter positive body images, and a positive relationship with food. Ice cream is delicious. Ea
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Alright folks, what have I missed? *sits down with bowl of chef boyardee*
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I do find it interesting that there are so many "eat whatever you want as long as there is a deficit threads." But when someone (me) takes it completely literal the notion is attacked. Thankfully im smart enough to recognize my choices as less than stellar. But i won't beat myself up over it, nor should anyone. My goal is weight loss. And it can be achieved without changing what you eat. My goal is not (and never will be) how much food that i hate can i choke down today. Thankfully i don't eat to eat, i eat because i am hungry, and because food tastes good. I became over weight because it tasted soooo good i wanted seconds and thirds.

Something i read on here once really resonated with me, a poster madr a comment about 'knowing this is not the last piece of cake i will ever eat' i now tell myself that often. It is totally cool for me to have a bite. I will see cake again in my future, so there is no need to inhale 3 servings. It is what works for me.

Besides, any effort is better than none..somewhere out there a chubby girl is thinking she can never lose weight, she chews a celery stalk..and dreams of milkshakes. She will fail. Because that lifestyle sucks. I hope she is reading this thread. I hope she enjoys life..goes to dinner with her friends and orders what she wants, not a side salad with no dressing.

I hope i teach my 3 year old daughter positive body images, and a positive relationship with food. Ice cream is delicious.

QFT. :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I hope i teach my 3 year old daughter positive body images, and a positive relationship with food. Ice cream is delicious. Ea

You. I like you.
  • glitzy196
    Options
    Not really sure where the last half of my last ppst went!!

I like me to! Ha, and why that matters today..is i have an assignment due tonight in one of the courses i am taking, it is a journal entry, the question is. What do you absolutely love about your life? Which is thankfully so much easier to answer than what do you love about yourself.

I have pondered this obsessively for the last couple of days, and my answer is going to be : I love the possibilities of it. It can be whatever i want it to be, my dreams and goals are mine. As long as my actions don't harm another human..i can do whatever i want. At the very least i can work for it.

People on here have all these fitness goals (im envious of their physical capabilities) but i don't really want to compete in an iron man competition. Like at all. Ever. It just doesn't sound like fun to me. Since it is not a desire of mone, it is unlikely i will ever train to make that a possibility. My 2 physical related goals on my bucket list are : never be in a scooter thingy because of my weight, and to be able to do ONE chin up. Just one. Which probably seems ridiculous to someone who can do 50. (You are my hero).

If i don't lose weight by eating radishes..it doesn't matter. As long as i get there in a sustainable way..im cool with that. Like really cool with it.

I only have me to answer to. I do have children to be an example for, and that is certainly a driving force.

Anyhow, i have immensely enjoyed this, just talking about weight loss keeps it on my mind and keeps my focus.

Now off to do my homework.

• lawanddean
    lawanddean Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bfit172 wrote: »
    bfit172 wrote: »
    just remember your body processes the calories from sugary and fatty foods differently than the calories from lean meat and foods with higher nutritional values.

No, it doesn't.

Let me reword that.... It's about the quality of the calorie. If You have 2 foods of the same amount of calories but one has higher fiber or vitamins and the others calories are made up of mostly carbs fat and sugars your going to see a different impact

• lawanddean
    lawanddean Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Totally agree :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Not really sure where the last half of my last ppst went!!

I like me to! Ha, and why that matters today..is i have an assignment due tonight in one of the courses i am taking, it is a journal entry, the question is. What do you absolutely love about your life? Which is thankfully so much easier to answer than what do you love about yourself.

I have pondered this obsessively for the last couple of days, and my answer is going to be : I love the possibilities of it. It can be whatever i want it to be, my dreams and goals are mine. As long as my actions don't harm another human..i can do whatever i want. At the very least i can work for it.

People on here have all these fitness goals (im envious of their physical capabilities) but i don't really want to compete in an iron man competition. Like at all. Ever. It just doesn't sound like fun to me. Since it is not a desire of mone, it is unlikely i will ever train to make that a possibility. My 2 physical related goals on my bucket list are : never be in a scooter thingy because of my weight, and to be able to do ONE chin up. Just one. Which probably seems ridiculous to someone who can do 50. (You are my hero).

If i don't lose weight by eating radishes..it doesn't matter. As long as i get there in a sustainable way..im cool with that. Like really cool with it.

I only have me to answer to. I do have children to be an example for, and that is certainly a driving force.

Anyhow, i have immensely enjoyed this, just talking about weight loss keeps it on my mind and keeps my focus.

Now off to do my homework.

<3
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I really do want to commend you OP. You have a tremendous amount of self awareness about this process, what you believe will work for you and what won't.
    There are such extreme points of view on MFP, and it is refreshing to hear someone who is extremely realistic. So many people cannot maintain a "clean eating" lifestyle for the long term, even if they wanted to. So many other people have said that you don't "have" to eat clean in order to lose weight and achieve your goals, but I think rarely do we have anyone so boldly state that they don't want to and here is why. Plus you haven't backed down in this entire thread.

I like it! I predict good things for you...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

You are awesome. You deserve a gif:

Jose-Mourinho-Applause.gif

I have read through this whole thread, and I must say, I think your mindset is fantastic. Congrats on your loss so far!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Dang. Nailed it.
  • glitzy196
    Options

Omg i love chef boyardee..and spaghettios with meat balls...cold..out of a can because I'm classy like that.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Omg i love chef boyardee..and spaghettios with meat balls...cold..out of a can because I'm classy like that.

I haven't eaten that in a long time, but oh, the memories of my mom rolling her eyes because I was too "lazy" to hear them up in a real bowl! :joy:
  • glitzy196
    Options
    I have them..a lot. What's worse is i have not had them in like a month because they are downstairs in our over flow can goods..i don't ever feel like going down 12 stairs to get them. I go down those stairs 10 times a day, just..not for spaghettios