DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    old news now but Alcohol 'more harmful than heroin' says Prof David Nutt

weed is 8th on this list

The study involved 16 criteria, including a drug's affects on users' physical and mental health, social harms including crime, "family adversities" and environmental damage, economic costs and "international damage".

_49735645_drugs_comparisons_464gr.gif

Surely this must be at current uses which weights alcohol up because of how common and accessible it is?

Right: "Overall, alcohol is the most harmful drug because it's so widely used."

The problem with arguments based on the harm of alcohol being greater is that if heroin or meth were legal they also would be more commonly used.

I think marijuana would be too, but unlike various other drugs I think it would still be not that harmful.

I disagree. Most people I know wouldn't go use meth today if it became legal suddenly. Conversely, most people I've met who use meth don't seem to worried about the fact that it's illegal. My point is that I don't think the law is that much of a factor - the type of person who is going to use meth regularly isn't likely to care that it's against the law.
    I'd use the hell out of cocaine if it were legal and I could fit it into my macros.

you gonna struggle to reach your macros on blow, not stay below them
    (The macros part was a joke.)

And if I, hypothetically, ever used cocaine recreationally, I know that I'd, hypothetically, be able to meet my weekly calorie goals just fine. And work a full-time job without issue. Hypothetically.

This discussion has been closed.