SEPTEMBER 2015 walking challenge

Options

Replies

• Tommybabe
    Tommybabe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    30 minutes with Leslie Sansone. Also participating in an abs challenge found here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10244363/im-starting-an-abs-and-squat-challenge-if-anyone-is-interested-8-31-15
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif I have been tracking my walking for years. I have an Omron pedometer that I put in my pocket in the morning before I walk the dogs and transfer into whatever I wear all day and take it out of my pocket at the end of the day.

:'( I injured something in my hip that has me ;under the chiropractor's care so my walking will be much less that usual for awhile.

:) Beecky, thanks for starting this challenge
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • AHatFullOfSky
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm in again
  • AHatFullOfSky
    Options
    Sep 1 - 6.11km / 69 minutes

Sorry for all the posts. Stupid mfp wont post what I write..
  • kellybudd9
    kellybudd9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! This will help me stay motivated. Got up early this morning and walked 3.09 miles in 60 minutes. Good start!
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    hopefairy wrote: »
    Would love to join you. Working on increasing distance. Doing 1.5 miles most days with 2 miles on the weekends. Working on getting to 3.

Great way to ease into it - you will soon be doing double the mileage :#
    Tommybabe wrote: »

Well done :smiley:
    barbiecat wrote: »
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif I have been tracking my walking for years. I have an Omron pedometer that I put in my pocket in the morning before I walk the dogs and transfer into whatever I wear all day and take it out of my pocket at the end of the day.

:'( I injured something in my hip that has me ;under the chiropractor's care so my walking will be much less that usual for awhile.

:) Beecky, thanks for starting this challenge

Welcome back barbie! :smiley: hope that hip heals soon :neutral:
    Sep 1 - 6.11km / 69 minutes

Sorry for all the posts. Stupid mfp wont post what I write..

Great start - keep it up! :wink:
    kellybudd9 wrote: »
    I am in!!! This will help me stay motivated. Got up early this morning and walked 3.09 miles in 60 minutes. Good start!

Welcome and well done on the morning miles! Great pace :smiley:
  • karlazidov
    karlazidov Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all this. And I'm super excited to join in
  • mommyknits
    mommyknits Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've set a goal of 60km walking in September. (this is for "recorded walks" ie. not my daily total as measured by my Fitbit but the distance I walk when I actually mindfully go for a walk rather than just random stepping). I'm excited for September.
  • Mghaith88
    Mghaith88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in ... Let's goooo
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Mindfully walked 2 miles, today.
  • chlz1997
    chlz1997 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Goal was to walk 1 mile tonight = completed @ 17.5 min. It's a start!! ;)
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I walked 30 minutes today. Feeling great. Love the thread for motivation to keep me. Nice to meet everyone.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm here again. Goal for September is 60 miles mostly treadmill walking.

Sept. 60 miles

9-1 3.015 miles 56 minutes

56.985 to go. :smiley:
  • Lue8006
    Lue8006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Beeky85 wrote: »
    This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

• Lue8006
    Lue8006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm all in as well!
  • endlessenigma
    endlessenigma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    September 1 - 30 minutes (2.06 miles)!
  • Goldie183
    Goldie183 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to September everyone! :p Let's give this month as much effort, or even more than the last! :D Be proud of yourselves, you're doing great, and that little black dress or suit jacket is just around the corner! ;):p:#

• Goldie183
    Goldie183 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Goldie183 wrote: »
    Welcome to September everyone! :p Let's give this month as much effort, or even more than the last! :D Be proud of yourselves, you're doing great, and that little black dress or suit jacket is just around the corner! ;):p:#
    This is my first time in a challenge. My goal is to walk 30-45 mins. At least 5 days a week. Looking forward to the comraderie.
    Goldie183 wrote: »

• Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!! Great start for September! Please don't worry if you set a goal and do not meet it for any reason. Just keep moving as much as you can, try not to injure your body and limbs - something I'm good at :o , and be proud of any distance you do - it all adds up! B):#;)