List of foods with highest Protein Calorie Percentage

Options

Replies

• andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    reposting the google document for those who may have missed it with all 318 foods as ranked.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12LrMGp8HiWl2FW-odoexKBMxeDTMUhwd4ooT6VoolJk/edit#gid=0

If anyone wants to participate and add more info even more columns for other nutritional info such as sat fats, sugars, vitamins, minerals etc, please let me know and I can give you editing access.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting the link. You deliver, man.

I was thinking about your growing list overnight, and came up with a list of foods with a fairly even ratio of carbs, fats, and proteins. Nuts don't make this list either. Too high in fat.

Middling%2BFoods.JPG

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hdBAGbmIMjmgtd8DAn1DzW-hA1eNgSP1eymUYRUmOCA/edit?usp=sharing
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    I have to admit - and this is a vegetarian perspective, and a narrow one, besides - that this list is making me feel even sadder that it's so hard to find beet greens (without also buying beets, which are IMO tasty but annoying to cook). Beet greens are the *most delicious greens ever*.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I hated olives for the longest time. I once tried a whole one and almost vomited from the taste. Swore never to have them again.

Then, a few weeks ago, I was in subway and was like "whatever, let's try that again." And ordered my salad with them.

Still hated them and they made my salad worse.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I hated olives for the longest time. I once tried a whole one and almost vomited from the taste. Swore never to have them again.

Then, a few weeks ago, I was in subway and was like "whatever, let's try that again." And ordered my salad with them.

Obviously you just haven't had a professional prepare them correctly for you ;)
  • andrikosDE
    edited September 2015
    Options

Subway olives?
    There's your first mistake my friend.
    I wouldn't call those california black rubber turds olives...
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    These are my personal favorites:
    k2-_4e0eb1ec-801b-4b20-b66c-10d0ab863bd2.v1.jpg

Another person who dislikes seafood here (meaning all fish/shellfish regardless of the saltiness of the water :wink: ). I will involuntarily gag if something even smells "fishy," and I do regularly try fish, scallops, shrimp, etc. It's just never gotten better in almost thirty years of trying. *shrugs* I'm not too fussed about it. There's plenty of other things I like and eat. Life is too short to try to force myself to eat foods I don't enjoy.
  • andrikosDE
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    These are my personal favorites:

Come to Europe, we'll show you what real olives look (tip: no holes!) and taste like...
    Kalamata FTW. :smiley:
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Restaurant-cooked fish tastes like ****.

long_john_silver.jpg

This is the only way to eat fish!
  • andrikosDE
    Options
    Restaurant-cooked fish tastes like ****.

long_john_silver.jpg

This is the only way to eat fish!

Long John, is that you?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    andrikosDE wrote: »

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Lol, it's crazy to think as a chef how many people are so inexperienced with food. I can't even fathom the monotonous everyday routine that some of you have with your meals. It's like involuntary palate slavery.

Lol It's crazy to think as a logical human being how one could determine that someone else is "inexperienced with food", "has a monotonous everyday routine", and/or "partakes in involuntary palate slavery" due solely to a dislike of olives.
  • tincanonastring
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Lol, it's crazy to think as a chef how many people are so inexperienced with food. I can't even fathom the monotonous everyday routine that some of you have with your meals. It's like involuntary palate slavery.

Lol It's crazy to think as a logical human being how one could determine that someone else is "inexperienced with food", "has a monotonous everyday routine", and/or "partakes in involuntary palate slavery" due solely to a dislike of olives.

Sounds pretty irrational to me! As if a quest for the ideal olive would suddenly change your tastes!
  • Ruatine
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Sounds pretty irrational to me! As if a quest for the ideal olive would suddenly change your tastes!

*dies* I totally just had a picture flash into my brain of some guy standing on a hilltop hand raised to the sky clutching a sun-ray illuminated olive crying, "Finally, I've found it!"
  • tincanonastring
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

*dies* I totally just had a picture flash into my brain of some guy standing on a hilltop hand raised to the sky clutching a sun-ray illuminated olive crying, "Finally, I've found it!"

And then he pops it into his mouth and promptly chokes on it. Ironic?
  • andrikosDE
    edited September 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Could you post this on Google Drive and link it? Then people can filter, browse, and sort at their leisure.

Yes please! That would be awesome!

I guess I should repost this on every page of this thread... ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12LrMGp8HiWl2FW-odoexKBMxeDTMUhwd4ooT6VoolJk/edit#gid=0

• Ruatine
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

And then he pops it into his mouth and promptly chokes on it. Ironic?

Haha, yes and just a bit sad.
This discussion has been closed.