Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    I hated olives for the longest time. I once tried a whole one and almost vomited from the taste. Swore never to have them again.

Then, a few weeks ago, I was in subway and was like "whatever, let's try that again." And ordered my salad with them.

Still hated them and they made my salad worse.

Subway olives?
    There's your first mistake my friend.
    I wouldn't call those california black rubber turds olives...

This guy gets it. ^

Lol, it's crazy to think as a chef how many people are so inexperienced with food. I can't even fathom the monotonous everyday routine that some of you have with your meals. It's like involuntary palate slavery.

Lol It's crazy to think as a logical human being how one could determine that someone else is "inexperienced with food", "has a monotonous everyday routine", and/or "partakes in involuntary palate slavery" due solely to a dislike of olives.

Meanwhile, the majority of people here are out of shape, unhappy, have no idea how to correct their diet, picky as hell, and yet unwilling to learn and resistant to change. They come here for genuine advice and all they see is comments from incompetents like you trying to spark up drama.

Contribute constructively, or go away. Sorry if my advice is somehow obstructive because I take an alternate view than you.

Also, you are way to literal and incapable of grasping the grand scheme of things, olive boy...

Moving on.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I hated olives for the longest time. I once tried a whole one and almost vomited from the taste. Swore never to have them again.

Then, a few weeks ago, I was in subway and was like "whatever, let's try that again." And ordered my salad with them.

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Lol, it's crazy to think as a chef how many people are so inexperienced with food. I can't even fathom the monotonous everyday routine that some of you have with your meals. It's like involuntary palate slavery.

Lol It's crazy to think as a logical human being how one could determine that someone else is "inexperienced with food", "has a monotonous everyday routine", and/or "partakes in involuntary palate slavery" due solely to a dislike of olives.

Meanwhile, the majority of people here are out of shape, unhappy, have no idea how to correct their diet, picky as hell, and yet unwilling to learn and resistant to change.

Sorry if my advice is somehow obstructive because I take an alternate view.

Also, you are way to literal and incapable of grasping the grand scheme of things, olive boy...

Moving on.
    If I like spicier food than you do, is my palate uneducated or is yours?
  • sixxpoint
    edited September 2015
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Meanwhile, the majority of people here are out of shape, unhappy, have no idea how to correct their diet, picky as hell, and yet unwilling to learn and resistant to change.

Moving on.

You don't. I grow my own Chiles.

And no. That has nothing to do with anything.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

ogawd, olives? Always hated them and always will. And mushrooms. Tried to like them, but they're the only two foods I've ever tasted so far that'll make me retch instantly.
    I'm so monotonous.

OMG!! I hate mushrooms and olives too!!

giphy.gif

:laugh:
  • DeguelloTex
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Moving on.

Pretty sure I do, unless you eat red savinas as finger food, too.

And it does have precisely to do with the claims you're making about differences in palates simply being a matter of education and open minds. I mean, if you can claim not liking fish isn't a matter of preference but preparation, why wouldn't the same reasoning apply to capsaicin?

• sixxpoint
    edited September 2015
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Moving on.

And it does have precisely to do with the claims you're making about differences in palates simply being a matter of education and open minds. I mean, if you can claim not liking fish isn't a matter of preference but preparation, why wouldn't the same reasoning apply to capsaicin?

Preference is a present term. It can be altered. You can prefer something now and hate it in the future. Just as you can dislike something now and prefer it in the future.

What is so difficult to understand about that? ...Unless perhaps you are comfortable being a closed minded person with and extreme unwillingness to change... Like ever.
  • sixxpoint
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Meanwhile, the majority of people here are out of shape, unhappy, have no idea how to correct their diet, picky as hell, and yet unwilling to learn and resistant to change. They come here for genuine advice and all they see is comments from incompetents like you trying to spark up drama.

Contribute constructively, or go away. Sorry if my advice is somehow obstructive because I take an alternate view than you.

Moving on.

What does having foods one dislikes have to do with obesity?
    re: the bolded, that seems a tad ironic. Actually it's extremely ironic, given that you seem to hold yourself as an ultimate authority on food and perceive anyone with opposing viewpoints as ignorant and uneducated. I mean if you can't make your point without resorting to insults it doesn't say much for the validity of your points.

Hmmm... Does being not obese make me more of authority on nutrition and fitness than obese people with no culinary background?
  • DeguelloTex
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Moving on.

Preference is a present term. It can be altered. You can prefer something now and hate it in the future. Just as you can dislike something now and prefer it in the future.

What is so difficult to understand about that? ...Unless perhaps you are comfortable being a closed minded person with and extreme unwillingness to change... Like ever.
    So is it your position that everyone who doesn't prefer a scorpion-pepper level of spice in their food can come to prefer it they're open minded? Is it your position that everyone who does like a scorpion-pepper level of spice is close minded if they choose not to eat blander food? Is it your position that someone who doesn't do either of those things is closed minded?

• sixxpoint
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Moving on.

What does having foods one dislikes have to do with obesity?
    re: the bolded, that seems a tad ironic. Actually it's extremely ironic, given that you seem to hold yourself as an ultimate authority on food and perceive anyone with opposing viewpoints as ignorant and uneducated. I mean if you can't make your point without resorting to insults it doesn't say much for the validity of your points.

Hmmm... Does being not obese make me more of authority on nutrition and fitness than obese people with no culinary background?

Nice try. And no.

The ironic thing is the amount of people here (like you) who get offended by something someone says and comments in reply to that comment instead of helping others.

Maybe you have no clue how to help the person in need of help. And that is fine. But why comment at all if you have nothing constructive to say?
  • sixxpoint
    Options

Subway olives?

This guy gets it. ^

Moving on.

So is it your position that everyone who doesn't prefer a scorpion-pepper level of spice in their food can come to prefer it they're open minded? Is it your position that everyone who does like a scorpion-pepper level of spice is close minded if they choose not to eat blander food? Is it your position that someone who doesn't do either of those things is closed minded?

Never said any of that... You did.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for taking the time to make this information available. It'd also be nice to see a cost/1g of protein as well. I know that is not realistic, as we all live in different regions, countries, states,etc.....
This discussion has been closed.