Bread?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Eat bread if you like it. Up for a challenge? Name ONE food we've never been warned against!

Broccoli

Not true. It's been said more than once that you'd be unhealthy if you ate a diet of nothing but broccoli.
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I always thought as long as your in a deficit you would lose weight regardless of what time you ate anything at including bread :/ .. I know a few people in good shape who eat their last meal at 9pm at night
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Eat bread if you like it. Up for a challenge? Name ONE food we've never been warned against!

Broccoli

Not true. It's been said more than once that you'd be unhealthy if you ate a diet of nothing but broccoli.

OK Jicama

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Samm471 wrote: »
    I always thought as long as your in a deficit you would lose weight regardless of what time you ate anything at including bread :/ .. I know a few people in good shape who eat their last meal at 9pm at night

Exactly true.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Only reason I cut bread is because I would rather use the calories elsewhere. I just make a meat and cheese rollup or dip my brat in mustard. Only time i don't cut the bread is for pizza cause...pizza! But if I can trim it out, then I do.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I eat bread, but I'm picky about the kinds that I eat. Typically, it has to be gluten free. Regular (made with wheat flour) bread tends to bother my stomach and make me feel really icky and bloated the next day. I will make special allowances for really, really good homemade rolls/sweet breads on occasion. It's hard to find good gluten-free sticky buns/cinnamon rolls.

I usually eat the sourdough and millet and flax breads from Sami's Bakery. That said, I bought some of the 7-Grain bread from Canyon Bakehouse when I was in Target yesterday, and it was really good! 70 calories and 2 grams of fiber isn't too bad in the nutrition department either!