cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    Miriam - So happy for you! <3<3<3

Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi all nice to see some of the old faces and many new. Just zoomed through the last page.
    For me i'm doing great but do need to smarten up. So I'm looking for your help.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
    Welcome back!
    terri_mom wrote: »
    Mary – I am so sad to say I will NOT be joining my DS and DH when they head to Minnesota that weekend. My Dad JUST sent me an e-mail wanting to volunteer for the Honor Flight on that weekend. Since he didn’t get to do it last weekend, he feels very strongly about participating, so I’m not even going to tell him about Minnesota. Hopefully soon ! ! !
    Terri in Milwaukee
    We will have to get together at another time!
    MN Ladies – Oct. 25… Maybe I’ll be able to find an excuse to go visit my sister in Apple Valley that weekend. :)
    Linda/IA
    That would be great! I will message the date, place and time that we will be meeting!

Mary from Minnesota
  • relater2000
    relater2000 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I find that if I pre-log including treats, I don't feel deprived. Before the op I just left the house and went walking when I got the munchies. Then if I still have to have something, I have earned it lol.

Salads: I have discovered that naked salad is very tasty, especially if you are picking fresh from the garden. Pickles are a great addition and are mostly low calorie.

I have hit many plateau on the scales, but use other measures of gauging my progress. I measure waist/hips twice monthly. I have to say that I only record downward progress. Weigh fluctuates so much day to day, so I only record a loss if it is sustained over a week. This is a new permanent lifestyle for me, It works so well after all the years of yo yo dieting.

I have realised that I have to take responsibility for my bad choices in the past. But I don't have to continue to feel guilty about them. They are firmly in the past, done and dusted! I treat every day as a new start.

Terri - These sound like some great ideas! Thanks, Elaine in Lansing

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Barbie – wow hospital food that good?! That is how it should be.

Alison – your kitchen looks great! You have my floor! Or one darn similar, mine is not ‘real” tile it is linoleum.
    You Go!!!! I am so pleased you stood up to Tom the Bully, you did not cause the problem, you are doing all and more than you signed on for – and how dare he be mean, rude, and condescending!

Later – You are our TV star of the day!!!

Exercise – I’m with most of you –don’t generally like it, get it done in the am, earlier the better! But that being said I am more aware now so do try to “tuck” in the exercise, like I try to “tuck” in veggies… so park a bit farther away, walk with a friend instead of just food…

Joyce – if you go back to cooking you’ll save enough $$ to hire a house cleaner and what ever other help you need to make this work.. YOU are important and count and need to make your needs a priority so you can help Charlie…

Carol – I read your post with my jaw dropping to the floor – Blow yourself right out of there! I wish you were closer I just got offered a part time job I don’t want.. but you could do no problem!

Becca – My mom called the loads of anything that were overflowing the “lazy man’s load” because you were too lazy to do 2 reasonable sized loads..

Pip – no sling here, but did have my wrist in a splint for weeks, and elastic waist pants as you need 2 hands to deal with buttons and zips…

Lillian – that sounds great!!! Thanks for the recipe a friend gave me 40, 1-2 lb(each) pears so 40-60lbs of pears… my fridge is bursting.

Beth – Thanks for calling Lisa on the carpet about the “don’t ask, carnival comment” So what do we all think she did? Swallow Swords?

Miriam – congrats!!!

To all I missed, I laughed, cried and cheered my way through today’s 100+ messages – thinking of you all.

My walking is really suffering, I was doing 3 miles a day with Levi (my pup) and after a week of complete rest – it was supposed to be 2 weeks but both of us were losing it, the vet agreed to ½ mile slow flat walks for 1-2 weeks.. that is helping us both. I know I could walk without him, but I just can’t leave him in the morning knowing how desperately he wants to walk – those big brown eyes melt my heart! I have been watching him carfully and it appears that the jumping and running full tilt is the most bothersome, so am keeping that at zero. I am sure he will have a slower recovery since I am doing walking but we both need to get out.

September Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles
    Log everyday –
    Twice a week do floor exercises
    Weekly fun things –
    W1 –
    W2 – went hiking
    W3 –
    W4 –
    W5 -
    Kim from N. California
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kim - I must have missed it what happened to Levi? 6 miles a day is an awful lot of walking! I joined the September move challenge and have been trying to do 5 miles a day walking and that is very difficult! I really admire the women on here like you that can walk as much as they do!
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just got back from court. The parental rights for my girls are terminated so we can proceed with the adoption!

Congratulations Miriam! :)

Linda/IA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    crazy busy for a Friday here!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    made it through today at work, wasnt bad..
    Tom is off again.. he says it is him not me again.. geesh make up your da#n mind
    having a cup of tea and chill tonight ..
    and Sunday is our 18th anniversary Oh joy!
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Miriam: I don't know you or your story, but that sounds like really good news
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Just got back from court. The parental rights for my girls are terminated so we can proceed with the adoption!

smiley-happy110.gifYippee
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    New pajamas. Non-plus department. First time in women's department in about a decade! cxfpcxspoxf6.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2015
    Options
    New pajamas. Non-plus department. First time in women's department in about a decade!

Yeah! You look awesome! Very cute PJs!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Miriam, is this a little difficult for you. I know you are thieves that you will have full custody of them but I would imagine in other ways you may be mourning the person your daughter became to cause you to do this. Thinking and praying for you.

Well first meal done. He said it was good, I don't think he has ever said anything is delicious. It's not in him. But he has butterfly pork chops braised in olive oil then heat turned down and a can of cream of mushroom pup with about a 1/3 can of water mixed in to make gravy. Can green beans with chicken buillion cube, butter and salt and pepper. Bread and butter. That was his meal. Mine was the green beans, 4 oz grilled chicken on my George Goreman and a big bowl of salad with cheese and low fat ranch. Water for me, diet coke for him. I thought I had everything at the grocery store but I forgot he was getting low on Pepto Bismol. He also wants orange juice but I'm not sure if it's good for his bowels. But if he wants it I will get it.

Joyce
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Miriam, sorry to hear about your asthma and trouble sleeping. I can sure relate to the sleeping problem lately and I don’t like it.  How wonderful for your DS on his weight loss. It just doesn’t seem fair that men can lose so much faster and easier than women. We hang on to weight like it was something we love. Go figure?

Liz, welcome back. You know this is a great place for support and information so come often and you can be successful.

Allison, I guess having the old goat not talk to you is better than having him yelling at you about something. You just have a great day and know we are with you. ((((Hugs)))) (later) Woo hoo, a TV star! Go gurl.

TerriR, I believe that a positive attitude can make so much difference in our lives. How long have you been retired that you still get up so early? I slowly over the months got to where I slept later once I retired. Congrats on the loss!!! Many of us don’t really remember all the names and that is one reason we ask ladies to sign each post with the name they want to be called. Plus I suffer from immediate memory loss, according to my DD. smiley-confused010.gif

Lisa, great for you on your miracle drug. A big congrats on losing the weight!!! Isn’t sleep a wonderful thing? You go get em’, Wonder Woman. Also I’ll cross my fingers that the new guy is just what you’ve been looking for.

Barbie, isn’t it an eye opener when we start this journey and realize how many calories are in the foods and portion sizes that we had been eating? I’ve always known I ate too much and it has been a journey in itself to reduce my portion sizes. Slowly but surely my baby steps are paying off.

Terri, what is the deal with the white food diet? Why, for how long, etc. Inquiring minds, and all.

Meg, I hate that you got locked out of the room. It was not intentional, I’m sure. Support headed your way for climbing back on the wagon. (((Hugs)))

Mary, I know it’s a lot of work but what fun having your new house as your art project! I love picking out things to go in a house but have only done it for the new homes we have built. Enjoy your winter and your new house.

Pip, that sounds great to borrow the spin bike while you recoup. It’s so nice to run into nice people every where we go.

Linda, glad ya zoomed in. What’s been going on?

Terri, I guess because neither DH or I were/are that way, I’ve never understood family members that are so selfish, self-centered and just down right greedy. There are a few in our family that we just don’t really talk to any more after years of the one sided attempts at communication. Like you said, you can take care of yours.  Hope you had fun shopping.

Cheryl, congrats on your loss. Is this a diet that you will maintain for life or is this a short term thing? Looking forward to the horsey pics.

Linda, it works fine to read what posts you can and skim or skip others. We are a chatty group and I have a hard time keeping up and I am retired. Lol But I love it!!

Joyce, glad Charlie ate well. It will be an adjustment for both of you so just take it one step at a time. ((Hugs))

Heather, I hope you can sleep okay at your DS’s house. How many nights will you be there? I hope the kids have fun in Paris and you and DH enjoy your time with the grands.

Barbie, I understand your class because that is exactly how the one I take is. Some of the ladies really know all the dances and come to the beginner class just for fun. I’m still one who will sit out if it’s too hard or I’m too tired but I do feel I get a little better each week.

Miriam, congrats and good luck with the next step in the process.

Allison, so sorry that Tom can’t seem to know what he wants. You just take care of yourself. ((((Hugs))))

Terri, I love the PJ’s. Congrats on the smaller size. I have to tell you that since I moved out of the “Women’s” department and into the ladies, I see all these really cool clothes as I pass the Women’s. Go figure?? LOL

Joyce, I don’t think the OJ sounds like a great choice either, but maybe if you can limit it. Glad he ate.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I had a poor night of trying to sleep last night so a pretty uneventful day today. I did do a touch of housework and made the veggies for dinner while DH cooked the chicken on the grill. I’ll head to bed early to see if I can get in more than 4 hours tonight. Sending the best of thoughts to all of you lovely ladies.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    Options
    xn6sd79nzms4.jpg

Pip, when Jake injured his shoulder he was in enough pain that he slept in the guest room with the door closed to keep the pets out of bed and he created a wall of pillows that kept his shoulder stable in a position that didn't hurt. He was terrible about using the sling he was supposed to use...I know that you will be a much more obedient patient.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    New pajamas. Non-plus department. First time in women's department in about a decade!
    smiley-happy110.gif congrats on the cute pj's
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.50min, 16.2amph, 2.9mi = 110c
    Spin- 33min 86r 88w 9-15g 8.5mi = 268c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.59min, 13.8amph, 1.3mi = 67c
    ride dome 2 hm- 15.59min, 10.1 amph, 2.6mi = 191c
    total cal 636
  • pipcd34
    Options
    terri-mom - LOVE the pj's - lookin good
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Flat Tire :'( We picked up our flooring in a UHaul trailer and after we started driving we noticed that we had a flat! We are now sitting here waiting for the road side assistance to come to fix it! Fun night!
  • mparker1216
    mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota beautiful picture! I think it would be fun if we all posted a picture from our walks. We could see what the rest of the world looks like. :)
    As far as the exercising...it's much more fun and motivating to do it with a buddy. I started with one friend from work and today we were up to four gals.
    My goal for this week was to not eat anything deep fried. So far, so good!
    Maryann from Michigan