September 2015 Bike Bicycle Cycling Challenge

Options
Welcome to our September Cycling Thread! If you are new to posting on this thread, or if you are new to cycling, We welcome you! If you are returning from a previous thread, We welcome you, too.

This thread is for anyone who rides a bike. Do you bike to work? Do you pull your children to the park? So you ride weekends? Do you spin, at home or the gym? Or, are you just starting out and remembering how much fun you had biking when you were a kid? However you choose to push your pedal, you are welcome on this thread.

There are no rules to how or what you post. You may post miles, minutes, # of rides, what the scenery looks like, anything. Whatever will motivates you to get on your bike.

Cheers

Replies

• HopHead28
    HopHead28 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a hurt leg from last month so this month I am going to be taking it a bit easier.

My goal for the year is 2,500 miles and I have only 233 miles until I hit it so I am going to shoot for 250-300 this month while trying to heal up my leg.
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think I'll try for 600 km this month, and try to get out from work early enough to put in 6 rides a week

Sep 1 -29.82km
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Was a little short last month but had 2 weeks of crazy business hope to not have here. Goal 300
  • KungFu_Panda_67
    Options
    I'm hoping the weather cools down a bit so that I can do some weekend riding without the heat and humidity.

I know it's not September data, but I did about 20 miles on Saturday (8/29) with my wife.

I typically go to the gym 3+ times a week and do some stationary bike as part of my cardio, too.
  • marybeth062
    marybeth062 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this challenge. I'm riding mostly on weekends, so I'm setting a goal of 150 miles for September.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Sidelined by an injury last month, so missed for the first time in a while. Regardless, I'll put 500 more on the calendar for this month and go from there. Off for a ride now.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I would love to log 100 miles for September. We will see!
  • mommyknits
    mommyknits Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My September is always a tad crazy and after work/evening rides won't happen as it gets darker and I chauffeur kids so I'm relying on hopefully decent weekend weather to explore on the bike. My total goal is small.... 100 km.
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Last month, I wanted to break 250 and finished with over 300. I think I will set the bar high for myself and aim for 400 miles this month. I have a bunch hills waiting for me to climb.

9.1 - 9.3 miles
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I will shoot for another 1,000 mile month. The legs are capable, daylight and lack of time due to school will be the bigger factors.

9/01 - 09.01 @ 17.5 mph (AM Commute)
    9/01 - 13.12 @ 18.0 mph (PM Commute)
    9/01 - 28.72 @ 19.6 mph

MTD: 50.84
    Goal: 1,000
  • czymom123
    czymom123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My goal for the month is 200. I had a doctor's appointment today, so I missed my Tuesday ride. I will ride Thursday.

Good job everyone!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Review ...

March Cycling: 409.33 km (254.34 miles) = 21 hours 55 min
    April Cycling: 384.15 km (238.7 miles) = 20 hours 35 min
    May Cycling: 259.06 km (160.9 miles) + 45 min cycling inside
    June Cycling Inside: 215 minutes on bicycle on trainer in basement = 3 hours 35 min
    June Cycling Outside: 493.53 km (306.6 miles) in 1531 min cycling outside = 25 hours 31 min
    July Cycling: 130 km in 405 min + 280 min cycling indoors
    Aug Cycling: 129.25 km in 474 min + 225 min cycling indoors

Spring has sprung ... or so they tell us. But hopefully with the longer daylight hours and potentially warming temps I might be able to get out there and ride more!!

I'd like to be up and over 200 km cycling outside ... plus I'll probably end up doing a bit inside as well.

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm within cycling distance from work for this month, so I will join this challenge, to avoid excuses to take the bus instead!

Goal : 150 km - Which means not missing a day or going for weekend rides :)

As of this morning : 14.43 km cycled in September
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    In. I just got a new bike - expecting delivery on Friday, and I'm so excited to ride it over the holiday weekend. The roads and drivers around here are insane, so my only goal right now is to take several state park and trail rides nearby this month.
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Target 600 km with 6 rides a week

Sep 1 -29.82km
    Sep 2 - 30.81km (brilliant Ponggol route)

60.63 down, 539.27 to go
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    I am shooting for 1,000km (621 miles) in 90 days. Very high for me and my style of riding (non commuting with lots of random rugged trails and few long straight roads). Shoot for the moon... Last month I rode 230+km in 3 weeks, so I am optimistic.

Started yesterday with 42.5km.
  • TiJoGa
    TiJoGa Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'd like to follow this thread, I'm brand new to cycling. Well brand new as in haven't done it willingly for 20+ years :)

Last month I rode 69 miles so my goal this month is to hit 100 miles. The weather is changing though so I'll have to look into what one does riding in the rain.

I'm so impressed at the numbers being put out on this page, I'm anxious to follow all of your successes!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad the thread is still going! I got on my bike for the first time in a very long time (illness kept me away) last week. I had a really spectacular crash that subjected me to all kinds of "I told you that you weren't ready"" from my husband. Keep on pedaling, Everyone.
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just got a bike in the beginning of July and I was reminded of how much I loved it as a kid! It's just a sporty hybrid, great for exercise. I ride about every other day and do strength training on the other days with at least one rest day. I logged about 25-30 miles per week, so for Sept. I'd like to shoot for 120 miles.
  • czymom123
    czymom123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So excited about my September goal! I am starting to get nervous about the time change. What does everyone do when it gets too dark to ride? I know I will have weekends to ride, but that's just 2 days out of 7. I will not be riding when it's dark getting off work (I teach, but you know how early it gets dark in winter). Is anyone else freaking out yet, or just me?
    I do have a gym membership that includes spin classes, but I like to be outside on my bike for real.