Do you guys like Quest Bars? Worth the price?

Options
12346»

Replies

• onlyadrizzle
    onlyadrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow didn't realize how controversial a snack bar could be
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    iln_rb wrote: »
    I guess none of you that have eaten multiple bars per day have run into any digestive problems? I always wondered if the sweetener would "disrupt" things if I ate them everyday (which is why i'm surprised to hear people eat multiple bars in a day)

It's more the fiber than the sweetener. I have to make sure my fat doesn't dip to low if I'm eating a lot of Quest bars to keep things running smoothly.
  • krisfrantzen
    krisfrantzen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with the whole if someone eats or uses protein bars powders they can't figure out cooking food.

They are a bar. A supplement for a healthier lifestyle. 1st I can cook but the bars give a quick easy start with all the macros you need. This leaves the rest of the day to make good choices and have a sensible meal.

It's all relative as well. For those that say that you can't figure out "real food", I feel that the choice of a protein bar or whatever you choose is better then what I have chosen to eat in the past. McDonald's wendys etc etc.

Everything we eat has preservatives or some sort of chemical in it that people say are bad. So how is it any worse then anything else we eat for convenience.

I say if it works for you go at it. What's good for one is not good for another. But do you have to shove it down my throat that what I eat is garbage compared to something else. I'm going in the right direction so support is the best thing.

I'm sure I jumped around slot there but it irritated me

I love quest bars and a lot of other convenient protein products.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars, have them several times a week or when I am out and about for the day.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I love the white chocolate raspberry Quest bars.
    For me, I think it is worth the money. I don't eat them every day, but I do buy them 12 at a time.
    I never use them as a meal replacement, just as a snack.
    I tried several flavors (when they have them on sale for buy 6 get 2 free), but really like the white chocolate raspberry ones the best.
  • mema12334
    mema12334 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    they are great but I only eat the ones that do not have surclose in them.

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    _bellator_ wrote: »
    I like normal food better, but they're okay to stash in the car for "emergencies." I used to be obsessed with them, but I'm over it. They are pretty tasty though :)

This guy pretty much summed it up.

You go through a phase where you "have to have them" you get over it after about a month or 2. Not worth the price tag IMO better off buying a tub of whey and having that.

If you have an obsession with chocolate or deserts and are having a hard time getting away from them, these would be a much better option for you and help you get away from them.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    mema12334 wrote: »
    they are great but I only eat the ones that do not have surclose in them.

Don't like the taste of sucrolose?
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I've used cliff bars for a while on days when I just end up missing or needing to delay a meal. I just got some quest bars to try instead- I like the higher fiber and lower calorie part. I'm not hooked on them, and don't think I will be, but I can see that they probably will work. I also ordered some victory bars to try too. But they haven't arrived.