What made you fat and how are you overcoming it?

Options
pjsdj
pjsdj Posts: 90 Member
For me it was definitely my job. I sit a ton, I can't get up and move when I want and on days when it's slow it's SUPER SLOW so I get bored and I'm a HUGE bored eater. I'm trying to bring more snacks that cabe munched over a period of time like low cal popcorn and things like that.

Replies

• ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    My job and my husband - eating healthier and HATE. lol OK maybe I don't hate my husband.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    In for all the excuses, for me it was over consumption of calories
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That damn fork!!! I now strictly eat with my fingers. :wink:
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Food and laziness made me fat. Now I eat less of it and I workout. Boom! Done! :laugh:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Comfort eating and lack of emotional support. I have a good therapist, good friends, and I'm learning to put the Swiss Cake Rolls down in a crisis.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I ate too much while moving too little. I now eat less while moving more.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Mindless eating and no exercise.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think it was trying to be all things to all people, doing everything for my husband and kids every moment. Trying to keep everyone "happy". I now believe in the long run it is better for them to be more independent and for me to take some time for myself- and I want my kids to learn this too. Being a grown up should be something to look forward to, not to dread. :drinker:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Peer pressure.

I'm a very short/petite person and being encouraged to eat the portions of all my normal to large sized friends and family members has packed on the pounds.

I still fight against it.

"You only ate half of what I made for you!"

"I'm only a third your size, I don't need to eat as much as you do every day!"
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

^ This + pure laziness.

I overcame it by eating less calories and moving more.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Basically?
    Laziness made me fat. My laziness. :sad:
    Hardwork is overcoming it. My hardwork.:happy:

Stay thirsty my friends. Haha. #goteammfp!

ETA: Actually, tips and encouragement from MFP peeps, and others, is making the "overcoming" part easier. Thanks errbody! :)
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    pregnancy made me gain a ton of weight. Eating to much, lazy, having to sit at a desk all day at work. Didnt exercise and eat right! bottom line
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Well , I'm originally from Louisiana , so there's that delicious food. I love to eat late in front of the tv . Too much Tv ,not enough exercise . Oh ya, and Coca-Cola

No more late night tv buffets ! I am gradually increasing my exercises. No more soda at all
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I had babies, worked in an office and hung out with girls who were bigger than me ("Oh you don't need to lose anything/chocolate is the answer to all questions/you're smaller than I am so what's the big deal").

Last baby is 2, I walk around the office and do squats/planking in down time, clean the office to get up and move, and don't hang out with the bigger girls as much anymore. Certainly not in foodie situations.

ETA: Obviously I made the decision to eat the whatever/listen to people who said I was "fine" but eliminating the peer pressure in my life DEFINITELY helped with my lifestyle.
  • ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    That damn fork!!! I now strictly eat with my fingers. :wink:

Thats the reason! I never realized it its that damn fork he is there everytime. We have to eliminate the common denominator!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    CARBS. Also I didn't even know what a calorie was or that they existed. I thought you could only get fat if you were eating burgers and milkshakes all the time. I was eating pretty healthy just in MASSIVE quantities. I didn't believe that you could get heavy that way. Boy was I wrong....
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    junkfood brought into the house
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options

i was too selfconcsious at the gym so i quit going. I log what I eat, exercise and take fitness classes. I overcame the selfconscious thing because I got older and cared less lol. I also started dating a guy that lived a healthy lifestyle, after about 2 years it finally started rubbing off on me.
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I did it all myself, there's no one else to blame. I made bad choices.

Now I make better choices, and no one's going to get me in shape but me.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I ate too much while moving too little. I now eat less while moving more.

This :)