I MISS CHOCOLATE

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    So I guess ideas on chocolate are kind of less important at this point.
  • phillytoast
    phillytoast Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Hmmm. I wasn't aware that chocolate--especially dark chocolate--was "total crap".

Me neither. I guess our definitions of total crap must be wrong.

I would say especially for the OP it isn't total crap who denying herself a certain food aka chocolate is making her feel like she is going nuts. That doesn't sound like a recipe for success. If the OP can get her head around having an actual, appropriate portion of chocolate in her daily life....that might be just the lesson she needs to learn that will benefit her for a lifetime.

Appreciated but the op is a guy hello in a dude why does everyone keep calling me she !

It was an assumption from your picture. Not cool. Apologies.

Still. Make chocolate fit. (Until you feel you won't eat it all....put the bar in the freezer and only break off your small portion).

That is a really good idea ! Suck it and it'll last longer too.
  • phillytoast
    phillytoast Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

Shame really. That's what it was supposed to be about.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

Shame really. That's what it was supposed to be about.

Well I had a spicy dark chocolate that I eat from time to time; and tried a coffee bean/dark chocolate recently. Both were pretty good but they are expensive relative to a Snickers or Hershey bar.
  • rainah84
    rainah84 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chocolate, now I just trick my mind with the variety selection from 'Pure Protein' or 'Luna' protein bars daily, and it demolishes my sweet tooth and boosts my energy with no regrets.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I wasn't aware that chocolate--especially dark chocolate--was "total crap".

Me neither. I guess our definitions of total crap must be wrong.

I would say especially for the OP it isn't total crap who denying herself a certain food aka chocolate is making her feel like she is going nuts. That doesn't sound like a recipe for success. If the OP can get her head around having an actual, appropriate portion of chocolate in her daily life....that might be just the lesson she needs to learn that will benefit her for a lifetime.

Appreciated but the op is a guy hello in a dude why does everyone keep calling me she !

Easy way to fix this -- if you think your profile picture is ambiguous make your profile public, as that will say.

I wanted people to know my name (Stephanie) so I included it in my public profile.

Your profile is private. I tend to do the he/she thing for anyone who doesn't state (although more because I usually don't recall/am too lazy to check), but if you care about people knowing gender identity, make the profile public.
  • little_rika
    little_rika Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread and was craving chocolate so I went out and bought some. Kinders bueno? They kind of taste like twix without the caramel :P
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I have chocolate quite often. Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bars are delicious and only 100 calories.jshc7yakqsvb.jpeg

what the hell :( why no skinny cow in nz
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    catt952 wrote: »
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I have chocolate quite often. Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bars are delicious and only 100 calories.jshc7yakqsvb.jpeg

what the hell :( why no skinny cow in nz

You don't need Skinny Cow for that. Any good old ice cream bar in half servings (like this one) will have a comparable calorie count, they just don't market it as "diet". My favorite half serving ice cream bar is 115 calories and my second favorite is 90. A single serving (2 finger) kitkat bar is 100 calories. Toblerone minis are about 45 calories a pop. In fact, almost any chocolate/ice cream bar won't cost too much over 200 calories and would be easy to fit in, without having it labeled as "diet".
  • Fesanso
    Fesanso Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have a Crunchie bar most days to satisfy my sweet/chocolate cravings. At 187 kcals per standard bar they're not too hard to squeeze into my daily calorie amount (if I've done my workouts). They sell multi packs here (3 bars) which are only slighly smaller than the standard ones and at 150 kcals each bar are what I prefer. Small packs of Maltesers are also good at 187 kcals, or the multipacks of the smallest serving of 98 kcals - which are enough for a chocoy sweet taste to pasify my craving if I'm running out of calories for that day. The sugar in them might be 'bad' but in the long run I eat more 'good' than bad and it keeps me from feeling deprived and depressed while losing weight - and happier.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You're going to get a lot of "Just make it fit". Like this, right here. I make it fit by adding it to my oatmeal in the morning. Creamy chocolate-y goodness, guilt free. Fat in your diet is NOT bad, and with whole grain oats you're not going to be hungry for a hot minute, either. It's just about research and a little bit of careful planning. :P Good luck!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @phillytoast A few reqs...

Aldi's Moser-Roth 85% dark
    Equal Exchange dark orange
    Pascha 70% dark coffee

Lindt and Green & Black deserve honorable mention. I love Pascha myself. Just keep an eye on the label to ensure that the macros are within the bounds you've set for yourself. I'm on a keto diet and watch my carbs very closely. These are the 3 I'm willing to eat with my current diet restrictions, but there are a lot more available.

Also, if you're looking for a sharper chocolate taste, avoid any that are processed with alkali. Alkali removes some of the flavonoids, which is the sharp back end flavor of the chocolate.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    @phillytoast A few reqs...

Aldi's Moser-Roth 85% dark
    Equal Exchange dark orange
    Pascha 70% dark coffee

Lindt and Green & Black deserve honorable mention. I love Pascha myself. Just keep an eye on the label to ensure that the macros are within the bounds you've set for yourself. I'm on a keto diet and watch my carbs very closely. These are the 3 I'm willing to eat with my current diet restrictions, but there are a lot more available.

Also, if you're looking for a sharper chocolate taste, avoid any that are processed with alkali. Alkali removes some of the flavonoids, which is the sharp back end flavor of the chocolate.

green & black is the spicy dark chocolate I buy; the other company with the coffee bean is (I think) endangered species?!? Maybe.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,947 Member
    Options
    I would go nuts for a huge bar of chocolate right now. Or a chocolate cake heated with whipped cream. Nom

Due to the Completion Compulsion, I have a hard time not completing a whole chocolate bar.

However, I've found that if I weigh out 15 grams (70 calories) of Ghiradelli chocolate chips and eat them slowly, dissolving them one by one in my mouth, my chocolate craving is satisfied by the time I am done.

Or I very slowly eat one Ghiradelli dark chocolate and caramel square, also 70 calories.

I make sure I get plenty of protein, fat, fiber and veggies during the day and save treats for after dinner.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,947 Member
    Options
    You're going to get a lot of "Just make it fit". Like this, right here. I make it fit by adding it to my oatmeal in the morning. Creamy chocolate-y goodness, guilt free. Fat in your diet is NOT bad, and with whole grain oats you're not going to be hungry for a hot minute, either. It's just about research and a little bit of careful planning. :P Good luck!

While making my bed time snack last night of oats, yogurt, and blueberries, I was inspired to add a tablespoon of hot chocolate powder - nom nom nom.

• karenstay1
    karenstay1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Carob bars??
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    While making my bed time snack last night of oats, yogurt, and blueberries, I was inspired to add a tablespoon of hot chocolate powder - nom nom nom.

That sounds like what my fiance eats for his snack. He does protein powder, plain greek yogurt, blueberries and honey. It's tasty.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I don't want the fat content. I'm new at this diet and if I allow dip now I know I'll go nuts. Need to be in the mind frame first.

I totally get this...it is my weakness also. I had to go cold turkey off of it all (chocolate especially but all added sugar) when I started. Now I can do moderation but if I start to feel like I am slipping, it gets eliminated for a week or two!

Dove dark is my daily treat...creamy enough to satisfy those chocolate cravings but chocolatey enough that you one piece will satisfy!

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I would learn to eat an appropriate portion size of chocolate. Buy small amounts. Don't deprive yourself of chocolate if you like chocolate that much.
    Best long term diet advice is to eat the way you plan to for life. If you aren't going to give up a food for life then don't give it up while you are "dieting".

If you find yourself craving some food hard you might look at what might be missing from your diet. Are you getting enough protein or fat? Are you getting enough magnesium or other vitamins/minerals? You might try changing up your foods or try a supplement.

I don't assume anyone on the internet is even human at this point. I don't assume profile pictures are really of that person/entity/machine. It doesn't matter to me or to the chocolate.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calorie goals
    You simply can't go wrong
    Just eat it
    Just eat it.