How long has it been since you've had Brussels Sprouts?

Options

Replies

• yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    SORRY but I'm up there with the 'love them' camp just add a touch of salt and loads of black pepper and YUM. My gorgeous sister in law on the other hand cooks exactly 1 sprout for each family member at Christmas time as no one else likes them. Maybe you're born with a stand of DNA that makes you either like or loathe the things :)
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yum, I think it will be tonight!:love:
  • bloodraynegatito
    bloodraynegatito Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love them with salt and pepper.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Yum, I think it will be tonight!:love:

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
  • Sushifish87
    Options
    26 years and will keep that number going up!!! I refuse to eat them! I don't care what your special secret recipe is to make them tasty, I don't want to try it!
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A few days ago. I like to chop them up and put them on loaded baked potatoes :)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts virgin.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Not long enough.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever eaten brussels sprouts
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    About six months ago. I had to eat them, because it was at a dinner party of someone I really don't want to offend (you know, my boss). I had to eat it with plenty of mashed potatoes though and surpress the gagging.

Brussel sprouts are horrid.

Apparently they're quite bad for you as well. There's too much vitamin K in them, which promotes blood clotting. Some guy in England died last Christmas from too many Brussel sprouts. He was on blood thinners. It was in the news.

The man had been fitted with a mechanical pump to help move blood from the lower chambers of his heart, after suffering heart failure last year. He had also been prescribed anticoagulants, which thin the blood, and his dose was monitored once or twice a week. Doctors could not work out why the medication was not keeping his blood thin until they discovered he had been eating too many sprouts. The vegetable contains high levels of vitamin K, a chemical the body uses to promote blood clotting.
    Consultant cardiologist Dr Roy Gardner said: 'Patients who are taking anticoagulants are generally advised not to eat too many green leafy vegetables, as they are full of vitamin K, which antagonise the action of this vital medicatio

If you are not on anticoagulants, then they are very healthy and good for you.
    Quote from: http://home.howstuffworks.com/brussels-sprouts3.htm
    Brussels sprouts are also particularly rich in vitamin C, another anti-cancer agent. Whether you choose them for their healthiness or because you love Brussels sprouts, one thing is certain: You will be getting a good-for-the-body food that is high in protein and low in fat and calories.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    26 years and will keep that number going up!!! I refuse to eat them! I don't care what your special secret recipe is to make them tasty, I don't want to try it!

It's ok, you don't have to eat them, there are lots of other vegetables out there :flowerforyou:
  • Sushifish87
    Options

It's ok, you don't have to eat them, there are lots of other vegetables out there :flowerforyou:

I love vegetables, I dont consider brussel sprouts a vegetable! They can kill people!!! (honestly the smell alone makes me sick!) :p
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    last night :happy:
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Too long since I've had them. Love them roasted.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I've EVER had brussels sprouts honestly. My mom doesn't like them and never made them when I was a kid, and I've felt no need to go out of my way to acquire some ^^
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have never tried them. Maybe I should? The just remind me of little green turds and are really unappetizing :noway:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    XeDd5rR.gif

Nothing tastes as good as brussel sprouts!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Too long! Probably a couple months because they're not really in season. I can't wait until the fall so I can roast a big pan or fry some up with bacon :bigsmile:
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Never.
    My parents despised them and therefore never forced them upon me.
    As an adult, I'm not ballsy enough to touch 'em. :laugh: