How long has it been since you've had Brussels Sprouts?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts and bacon. Mmmmm

I like you. Bacon fixes everything...even brussel sprouts.
    No goodness - even that of bacon - is big enough to cancel out the evil of Brussel sprouts... :sick:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    We had "brussels sprouts" a few days ago. But it's not as often since the kids were born.
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I feel like anyone who says they dn't like them and haven't eaten them in years and years wasn't eating them correctly.

I hated them growing up because they were those boiled kind. Now that i'm a chef I can name 101 better ways to eat them.

I had them roasted with Egyptian spices for dinner tonight.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I feel like anyone who says they dn't like them and haven't eaten them in years and years wasn't eating them correctly.
    Do you feel that way about cilantro?
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I had a biology teacher who said that there was a gene where some people just can't detect bitter flavors. (I am an old, so at the time the discussion was about the soft drink "Tab," which for you young'uns out there was a very early diet soda that had a weird aftertaste).

This documentary explains how "super tasters" tongues are more sensitive to taste than others and helps explain some peoples aversions to foods that others think are normal... Its quite interesting watch:

Check out the BBC Documentary:
    "The Truth About Taste" - https://mega.co.nz/#!Vs8TGSKY!AP1gK3AL083QIn-V2Rj5zUxe0Z1PYOSk_Jn7FpGGIyo