Thoughts on bananas. ..

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Chrisbande wrote: »
    Bananas should not be eaten to often. They are a higher source of carbs, sugars , and calories. Same go's with most fruits. It sucks because I happen to enjoy bananas.

Strong first post.

• Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Bananas should not be eaten to often. They are a higher source of carbs, sugars , and calories. Same go's with most fruits. It sucks because I happen to enjoy bananas.

doctor-nine-bananas.gif

You win the interwebs today!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Bananas contain potassium=amazing.
    Don't cut them out if you don't want to. There are no foods that hinder weight loss if you stick to your calories and macros.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

doctor-nine-bananas.gif

Ahhhh.....Eccleston. <3
  • brookeproulx927
    Options

doctor-nine-bananas.gif

You win the interwebs today!

Haha! Thanks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    bananas...another one of those evil whole foods...
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My only thought on bananas is "mmmm." Slice, freeze, wait a couple of hours, then into the blender it goes, with a drop or two of vanilla extract. Blend blend blend and hello delicious banana ice cream.
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I've found my bananas coming in at around 120 ish (average) - I weigh mine. But maybe I'm just eating massive bananas hahaha ;)

Same here. In fact, banana calories in grams range anywhere from about 98 to 156 grams, which comes to around 80 something to 140 something calories.

And thank the lord for my food scale - before I purchased my scale, I logged bananas as around 70 cals!!! :o

Mine are only 60g so ARE around 70 calories
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    bananas give me heartburn for some reason. I eat them anyway.
  • tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bananas, love 'em. Eat one a day. Potassium for my soul and just enough sweetness to curb the cravings many times over.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Delicious healthy banana's
    Full of chemicals rofl
    516u84sgj4bi.jpg

Dangggg

and yes they are bad....they put to much calories on those things...so i always mus make them fit into my daily calorie allowance....but i MAKE them fit!
  • Chrisbande
    Chrisbande Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying don't eat bananas ever again or any fruit. Just do it in moderation with any other food. A lot of people will misconstrue the idea that eating a lot of fruit a day will help you lose all types of weight, so they replace part or most of there meal with fruits. Don't get me wrong , I love me some fresh fruit but I know to take it easy on them because fruit contains sugars which will tend to make you hungry later on at a quicker rate. If it fits your diet plan, by all means have a banana or two during the week. If not stick to a lower calorie and higher protein snack to keep yourself satisfied. Just my 2¢ BTW my wife eats banana every morning , she cuts it in half gives half to our daughter and uses the other half in her morning oatmeal.
  • carlsmonkeygirl
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Banana's are EVIL, hell bent on taking over the world! We need to eat them all in self-defense. I always keep one on me and YES that is a banana in my pocket but I am happy to see you.
    They are full of nutrients and give me the boost I need before and after a workout.

Keep calm and eat more banana's.

Not to mention, if the minions love them they must be good.

Lmao!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I have a banana almost every single day......lost 121 pounds and now been maintaining for almost a year all while eating bananas. ;)
    Impressive ☺
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    sscarmack wrote: »
    2 bundles a week here. It's a bundle right? Hmmmmm

Anyways, 2 things of bananas for me :)

I think it's a hand of bannanas.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Another daily banana muncher here. Usually in my morning pre-run protein shake for da carbs. But also delicious with coconut or toffee yoghurt for a tasty pudding.

My bananas are usually over 100 calories and I just weigh the first out of a bunch that I eat because I'm a bit lazy and kerazy with my calorie logging that way. I like to live on the edge. 33lbs down so far!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Just no. Fruit is wonderful.

OP, if they fit your calories and you're nutrition goals? Go for it. I have a banana every day. I need carbs for energy to work out, they're a great source of potassium, and they're delicious with raspberries in yogurt. Plus? The Ninth and Tenth Doctor approve.

21e41da8d3012d76e962dde8595f08fe37c94db9_hq.gif

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

What do you mean by too often? I mean, obviously don't eat so much fruit that you go over your calories or fail to get adequate protein or fat or vegetables, but very few people are going to do this.

OP is talking about a couple of bananas or about 200 calories. Nothing wrong with that if that's how you like to spend those calories. I tend to eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day in the summer, and believe that's healthy. The current bizarre fear or negative talk about fruit is based on misinformation (and I blame Lustig).

The spreader of much misinformation. Fearing eating fruit is taking things too far.

I have a thing for partially frozen berries, so my fruit consumption goes year round.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

doctor-nine-bananas.gif

YES!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Hogwash.....I eat 1-2 bananas every day along with 2 apples maybe sub it for a orange or grapes. I've lost 65 lbs in the last 7 months with the help of eating all this high nutrients.