fast food

Options
12346»

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the above poster. I can't remember the last time I had fast food. My husband is always getting Hardee's or something like that. It never smells good and the thought of the grease makes me want to vomit. I spent a good portion of my teens and early adulthood working fast food and maybe that's what ruined it for me. Even Subway is processed foods.
    It's funny you mention subway. I consider it fast food myself but so many other people do not.

I used to work at one. It may be better to eat there, vs. McDonald's or something like that, but probably only if you get a veggie delight or salad. The meats are just as processed, and the only 'fresh' vegetables are the tomatoes, green peppers and onion. I would really question the quality of the chicken breast. It's more like a pressed into breast shape patty with grill marks and Flavoring.
    I have really gotten to where If I didn't cook it, or know who did and what went Into it, I am unlikely to eat it.
    And as far as McDonald's, I worked there for years and I am very unlikely to eat there.

Wait. How is the lettuce not fresh?

• GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I ended up in Burger King yesterday evening with my partner. I knew I wanted a few drinks and didnt want to go over my calories too much.
    They had the calories displayed beside each thing on the menu. My partner got a cheeseburger. I got...nothing. I looked at the calories and knew I had dinner at home which would be nicer and still be less than half the calories! So I didnt get any fast food. Was tough to resist! But it just wasnt worth it.

If I had done a workout yesterday I might have but I figured I hadnt earned those calories. First time I ever left a fast food place empty handed by the way!
  • Fitness_WonderWoman
    Options
    GillianLF wrote: »
    This is interesting. I ended up in Burger King yesterday evening with my partner. I knew I wanted a few drinks and didnt want to go over my calories too much.
    They had the calories displayed beside each thing on the menu. My partner got a cheeseburger. I got...nothing. I looked at the calories and knew I had dinner at home which would be nicer and still be less than half the calories! So I didnt get any fast food. Was tough to resist! But it just wasnt worth it.

If I had done a workout yesterday I might have but I figured I hadnt earned those calories. First time I ever left a fast food place empty handed by the way!
    Lol, job well done. I know when me and my partner go out.. It's hard to resist fast food and because it's normally a sit down restaurant I can't not get anything hahaha but that's great that you were able to pass it up so easily.