Does the fat content in food make you fat?

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I didn't defend his reasoning. I said i saw from his profile WHY he likely has the mentality he has. I said as someone from an eating disordered past i recognized immediately his mentality and the VERY dangerous potential.

I commented "Yikes. Seek medical attention" BEFORE you even commented on this thread. I then went on to say "not good? This is classed as anorexia". I then went on to tell the OP to seek medical attention because anorexia is the DEADLIEST mental disorder in existence with up to 20% of sufferers dying from it.

Please tell me again how great your reading apprehension is. How i'm justifying his position. How i'm defending his reasoning. Please.

If not, please move along.

Defensive much?
    Actually, I had yet to see your other response , nor is it important. What is important here is the boy getting help.
    Why are you wasting so much energy attacking my person?

Because you were being so unnecessarily rude to me. Especially when I showed nothing but concern for the OP.

edited to add: Also, because I've rebutted every single assumption you made and you have had nothing to say other than try and discredit my statements.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

I didn't defend his reasoning. I said i saw from his profile WHY he likely has the mentality he has. I said as someone from an eating disordered past i recognized immediately his mentality and the VERY dangerous potential.

I commented "Yikes. Seek medical attention" BEFORE you even commented on this thread. I then went on to say "not good? This is classed as anorexia". I then went on to tell the OP to seek medical attention because anorexia is the DEADLIEST mental disorder in existence with up to 20% of sufferers dying from it.

Please tell me again how great your reading apprehension is. How i'm justifying his position. How i'm defending his reasoning. Please.

Defensive much?
    Actually, I had yet to see your other response , nor is it important. What is important here is the boy getting help.

Because you were being so unnecessarily rude to me. Especially when I showed nothing but concern for the OP.

Is showing concern for the OP a bad thing?
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Don't get snarky when i was trying to be helpful. "I can read thanks". Really?
    You're a male, why are you doing this?

I dont know, maybe because he is trying to have a feminine physique because he performs in drag. I was pointing this out from his profile as a potential reason why he might think it's okay to get this dangerously thin by training to attain an unreasonable physique for a 5'11 male. Seriously? Can i not point this out when your question seems to ignore this?
    This does not answer WHY one would choose to be unhealthy

MKAY. Maybe because he has an eating disorder?
    nor why one, YOU would be promoting it.

Where did i promote an eating disorder? I don't see where i ever said "YEAH, GO YOU, EAT YOURSELF INTO STARVATION!".

....can you read?

Defending his reasoning sounds as if you're justifying his position to me.

What's reading apprehension?

She means comprehension.

That's awkward then, considering she was calling you out for your reading "apprehension." Oopsies!

I meant comprehension. Unlike the above poster i'm willing to admit i made a mistake. :wink:
  • rainbowbow
    Options

Defensive much?

I hope not. :)
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Defensive much?

In your attempt to show concern you did answer for him rather than let him give his own reasoning which is an overstep ... you did go to the point of declaring he "has an eating disorder" when you are not qualified to make such a diagnosis ... you subsequently proclaimed what others are willing, or not willing, to do.

As usual, the rudest post is from the person trying to decry people allegedly being rude.
  • rainbowbow
    edited September 2015
    Options

Defensive much?

In your attempt to show concern you did answer for him rather than let him give his own reasoning which is an overstep ... you did go to the point of declaring he "has an eating disorder" when you are not qualified to make such a diagnosis ... you subsequently proclaimed what others are willing, or not willing, to do.

As usual, the rudest post is from the person trying to decry people allegedly being rude.

Stop trying to whiteknight. Seriously. Take a step back and look at the posts objectively instead of trying to defend someone who was snarky and tried to put words in my mouth.

"Answer for him"? He said he has body dysmorphia. He said i "hit the nail right on the head" with his mentality of wanting to have an unrealistic body size. I told him he wants a BMI (less than 17.5) that would CLASS HIM AS ANOREXIC if achieved.

I wasn't rude for correcting the assumption of "me supporting his mentality".
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Defensive much?

@brianpperkins this is why I like you . you speak what many are thinking.

• brianpperkins
    Options

Defensive much?

Stop trying to whiteknight. Seriously. Take a step back and look at the posts objectively instead of trying to defend someone who was snarky and tried to put words in my mouth.

"Answer for him"? He said he has body dysmorphia. He said i "hit the nail right on the head" with his mentality of wanting to have an unrealistic body size. I told him he wants a BMI (less than 17.5) that would CLASS HIM AS ANOREXIC if achieved.

I wasn't rude for correcting the assumption of "me supporting his mentality".
    It isn't white knighting ... it is contrasting your justifications with your actual actions.

Once again, you are not qualified to diagnose him as anorexic ... or with any other disorder for that matter. You answered to why he would want to be underweight. Your projection based on your past is evident.

Your declaring what others are willing, or not willing, to do is also beyond your scope ... but something you did.

• rainbowbow
    edited September 2015
    Options

Once again, you are not qualified to diagnose him as anorexic

Your declaring what others are willing, or not willing, to do is also beyond your scope ... but something you did.

I didn't diagnose him as anything. I said that he is striving to be medically anorexic with a goal weight of less than 17.5 BMI. I said he needs to seek medical attention.

What declaring was said? What did i say he was willing or not willing to do? This one i'm not even sure where you're coming from.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

I didn't diagnose him as anything. I said that he is striving to be medically anorexic with a goal weight of less than 17.5 BMI. I said he needs to seek medical attention.

What declaring was said? What did i say he was willing or not willing to do? This one i'm not even sure where you're coming from.
    That is actually in the medical class of "anorexic".
    You are not qualified to say what medical class this OP is in ... no matter how much his behavior may remind you of your past actions. BMI is not the only diagnosis criteria and proclaiming that somebody has an eating disorder is in the realm of medical professionals, not you based upon forum posts.
    Unlike the above poster i'm willing to admit ...
    Your declaration of what other posters are, or are not, willing to do. If you read what I wrote, and then comprehend it, you would see that I stated "you subsequently proclaimed what others are willing, or not willing, to do."

• bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Don't feed the troll.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Don't feed the troll.

Feed the OP.
  • rainbowbow
    Options

You are not qualified to say what medical class this OP is in ... no matter how much his behavior may remind you of your past actions. BMI is not the only diagnosis criteria and proclaiming that somebody has an eating disorder is in the realm of medical professionals, not you based upon forum posts.
    Your declaration of what other posters are, or are not, willing to do. If you read what I wrote, and then comprehend it, you would see that I stated "you subsequently proclaimed what others are willing, or not willing, to do."

Kay. Fair enough, i'm not a doctor. It's classical symptoms of Anorexia mixed with a dangerously low body weight, but sure, I shant make assumptions. Maybe it's not an eating disorder and he's totally fine.

As far as the other comment, i'm awaiting someone to prove me wrong. :)
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Kay. Fair enough, i'm not a doctor. It's classical symptoms of Anorexia mixed with a dangerously low body weight, but sure, I shant make assumptions. Maybe it's not an eating disorder and he's totally fine.

I don't see a reason why any person here has a need to prove a thing to you. This wanting somebody to prove you wrong is a tacit admission that you did make the proclamation.

Just a couple pieces of advice ... up to you to take them or not ... when an OP is asked to provide reasons why they have set goals or taken actions, let them answer for themselves rather than projecting your reasoning onto them ... remember that doctors that are treating a person are the only ones in position to make medical diagnoses and that you are not qualified to do so.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

First of all, you're derailing the thread with your personalization of the situation. As aforementioned, I had yet to read your additional response. Again, it is irrelevant to the situation being addressed, which is the OP in need of desperate help.
    Secondly, in no way did this give you a right to start trying to personally attack me, therefore I chose not to further engage. Your siting his reasoning appeared that you were defending his under eating. It's the internet, things get misinterpreted, get use to it. The majority of people here would have said "I'm sorry, but can you clarify, where I was promoting this"? You chose to be attacking instead.
  • rainbowbow
    Options

I don't see a reason why any person here has a need to prove a thing to you. This wanting somebody to prove you wrong is a tacit admission that you did make the proclamation.

Just a couple pieces of advice ... up to you to take them or not ... when an OP is asked to provide reasons why they have set goals or taken actions, let them answer for themselves rather than projecting your reasoning onto them ... remember that doctors that are treating a person are the only ones in position to make medical diagnoses and that you are not qualified to do so.

Thanks. I'll continue to post information as I see fit and how I feel best suits the OP.

If someone has already admitted they have an eating disorder, i'll make sure that they know to seek medical advice rather than listen to generic advice about how to further cut their calories.

I posted in a way that I believe was best fitting the situation.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Fat has more calories per gram than carbohydrate and protein. However some find fat and protein much more satiating. However ultimately calories in calories out is ALL that matters for weight loss. Also you can't 'blow' your diet, unless you keep eating too many calories. Think of this as a permanent lifestyle adjustment rather than a diet and you'll do well. Good luck.
  • rainbowbow
    Options

First of all, you're derailing the thread with your personalization of the situation. As aforementioned, I had yet to read your additional response. Again, it is irrelevant to the situation being addressed, which is the OP in need of desperate help.
    Secondly, in no way did this give you a right to start trying to personally attack me, therefore I chose not to further engage. Your siting his reasoning appeared that you were defending his under eating. It's the internet, things get misinterpreted, get use to it. The majority of people here would have said "I'm sorry, but can you clarify, where I was promoting this"? You chose to be attacking instead.

I am not personalizing the situation. I am simply defending my initial comment and assessment of the situation which was clearly over-read.

Agreed, things can be misinterpreted. When someone says to me "I CAN READ. THANKS." i automatically assume this was written in a snarky and attacky tone.

If that was not intended, then so be it.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

I am not personalizing the situation. I am simply defending my initial comment and assessment of the situation which was clearly over-read.

Agreed, things can be misinterpreted. When someone says to me "I CAN READ. THANKS." i automatically assume this was written in a snarky and attacky tone.

If that was not intended, then so be it.
    So you're not personalizing ... you're just making assumptions then railing against them?

Thanks. I'll continue to post information as I see fit and how I feel best suits the OP.

If someone has already admitted they have an eating disorder, i'll make sure that they know to seek medical advice rather than listen to generic advice about how to further cut their calories.

I posted in a way that I believe was best fitting the situation.

I find it troubling that you think that making a diagnosis when you're not a doctor and answering for the OP rather than allowing them to answer for themselves was "best fitting the situation."