• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Withdrawal would generally involve removing the withdrawal substance completely from your body. If you manage to completely remove sugar from your body, you don't have withdrawal, you die.
    When you cut out carbohydrates, you'll have keto flu, which is mostly the effect of having the body switch to ketone production and use as fuel in the brain.

Also, not switch to. Anybody losing weight will already be using a reasonable amount of ketones as fuel.

I suppose the correct terminology would be: to become efficient and reliant on the use of ketone for fuel in the body and glucose, ketones and lactose for the brain.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    @WhoWhoWho23 what are you noping at? If you remove sugar you will start to have withdrawal symptoms.

You can't completely remove sugar. I've never had withdrawal symptoms when I cut back on added sugars.

I did not say completely. But when there is a drastic reduction. I stayed under 30g. Some people's bodies have those withdrawal symptoms. Why do you assume that everyone's journey is the same as yours?

The OP is not asking for permission. The OP was posting a funny pic about their mood. Why do you have to try to insert a debate? It's unnecessary.

The OP never said that was her mood. You are reading into it. Maybe she just wanted to share a pic that she thought was funny? Maybe she thought others could relate to the pic?

• emhunter
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    @WhoWhoWho23 what are you noping at? If you remove sugar you will start to have withdrawal symptoms.

You can't completely remove sugar. I've never had withdrawal symptoms when I cut back on added sugars.

I did not say completely. But when there is a drastic reduction. I stayed under 30g. Some people's bodies have those withdrawal symptoms. Why do you assume that everyone's journey is the same as yours?

The OP is not asking for permission. The OP was posting a funny pic about their mood. Why do you have to try to insert a debate? It's unnecessary.

The OP never said that was her mood. You are reading into it. Maybe she just wanted to share a pic that she thought was funny? Maybe she thought others could relate to the pic?

Whatever. Looking for a debate. Disinterested.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

Then. Stop. Debating.

They never will.
  • emhunter
    Options

Then. Stop. Debating.

I was not debating. I was the first one to reply to the post. I had no idea that people would jump in and start debating me. If you read my initial post, I just laughed, empathized, and told her to hang in there. People have been debating me since. It's silly.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Withdrawal would generally involve removing the withdrawal substance completely from your body. If you manage to completely remove sugar from your body, you don't have withdrawal, you die.
    When you cut out carbohydrates, you'll have keto flu, which is mostly the effect of having the body switch to ketone production and use as fuel in the brain.

Also, not switch to. Anybody losing weight will already be using a reasonable amount of ketones as fuel.

I suppose the correct terminology would be: to become efficient and reliant on the use of ketone for fuel in the body and glucose, ketones and lactose for the brain.
    I didn't use an oxford comma. The statement is "switch ketone production and use". They're one clause, so whether the person has ketones already produced doesn't matter.
    And if withdrawal is simply any abrupt change in intake, we have withdrawal to everything. We're in constant allostatic flux. Your body does not make substances that you withdrawal from. Your body will contendly make glucose to keep blood sugar levels in line and because the human brain is so important and so energy intensive, it can't work without it. And your brain can't use lactose. As far as I'm aware, none of the human body can directly use lactose, it cleaves it into the constituent monosaccharides. Maybe you meant lactic acid?
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Ok, it just seemed like you were very interested in debating before. /shrug But whatever is a great way to answer.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Then. Stop. Debating.

Exactly.

• emhunter
    Options

Then. Stop. Debating.

Exactly.

lol!!!
  • hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    hunnnybee wrote: »
    I am counting my macros and trying to maintain 45% protein 25% fat and 30% Carbs. this is lower carb for me. Im not 100% sure where the sugar cravings are coming from. I am trying not to eat processed grains and high sugar fruits at this point in my plan but the weight loss is not going as i expected maybe from the higher level of fat? .......living and learning :blush:

Why so high in protein?

I had been reading about carb cycling through Chris and Heidi Powell and wanted to try to carb cycle. these macros are set for my low carb days (macros based on age weight and lifestyle activity thru the powells plan) and my high carb days would be a 5% difference for carbs and against protein but, I am just starting and wanted to get the hang of counting macros before I cycle in more good carbs every third day. seems complicated just to lose some weight huh?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It seems to me that people who insist sugar is an actual physical addiction, tend to do so because it removes them from taking any personal responsibility for their eating behavior, by allowing them to assume the helpless victim role, instead. I've also noticed that this "it's not my fault!" attitude prevails amongst those who are unsuccessful in achieving and maintaining weight loss.

Just my opinion and observations, to which I am entitled. :)

• SLLRunner
    Options
    < Munching M&Ms >

M&M are my favorite,but I can only eat them when I'm not in a stress situation, because my moderation switch is off then. So, not in stress now....pass some of 'em over!

purpleMM.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am counting my macros and trying to maintain 45% protein 25% fat and 30% Carbs. this is lower carb for me. Im not 100% sure where the sugar cravings are coming from. I am trying not to eat processed grains and high sugar fruits at this point in my plan but the weight loss is not going as i expected maybe from the higher level of fat? .......living and learning :blush:

Why so high in protein?

I had been reading about carb cycling through Chris and Heidi Powell and wanted to try to carb cycle. these macros are set for my low carb days (macros based on age weight and lifestyle activity thru the powells plan) and my high carb days would be a 5% difference for carbs and against protein but, I am just starting and wanted to get the hang of counting macros before I cycle in more good carbs every third day. seems complicated just to lose some weight huh?

I have a friend in real life who carb cycles and loves it. It has been effective in helping to control her migraines.

I would agree 45% of protein is pretty high. If you are choosing 30% carbs, have you thought of dividing the other macros evenly? I guess it would really depend on your goals, though, and which keep you satiated so you stay within your calorie goals and/or cut cravings for the type of food you are trying to learn to moderate.
  • hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    < Munching M&Ms >

im jelly
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    < Munching M&Ms >

im jelly

Yep. Right there with you. : :p:o
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Why so high in protein?

OP, just keep in mind that carb control is just one way to lose weight, and it works if it helps keep you at a deficit. If you aren't at a calorie deficit, you won't lose, whether you are eating low carb or not. So if it becomes too complicated or doesn't work for you, don't give up entirely! Just try switching to focusing more on the calories and keep at it. I personally could never do low carb, I really don't feel full unless I have some grains in my day, And I consider pizza and ice cream major food groups :) But I know low carb or carb cycling works great for some people. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.