Sugar withdrawal

Options

Replies

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Haha yes that's accurate! Hang in there. I drink water and go to bed early! lol
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    No. Just no. There is nothing wrong with sugar.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    No. Just no. There is nothing wrong with sugar.

Agreed. But that ostrich is downright hilarious.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Great pic!

If you're having "keto flu" from jumping right in to very low carb, check out the Low Carb group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • SLLRunner
    edited September 2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Great pic!

If you're having "keto flu" from jumping right in to very low carb, check out the Low Carb group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

She didn't say anything about loweing carb.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    William Davis MD in his 2014 edition of Wheat Belly Total Health makes a case it is cutting out of the grains why we get the withdrawal problems. High Fructose Corn Syrup form of sugar is from grain however. He is not Anti all forms of sugar however.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I clicked on this! That's so funny!

Although I tend to skip added sugars, I've never gone low-carb, so haven't felt what those people feel. I did eliminate treats, though, and it was rough for quite a while....and very rough at first.

Is that an ostrich or an emu? I never remember the difference,
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Great pic!

She didn't say anything about logging carb.

Did you mean "lowering carbs"? I took an guess based on her thread title "Sugar withdrawal" and qualified my statement with an "if."
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Great pic!

She didn't say anything about logging carb.

Did you mean "lowering carbs"? I took an guess based on her thread title "Sugar withdrawal" and qualified my statement with an "if."

Yrs, coreected. It's a derail, though.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I'm so glad I clicked on this! That's so funny!

Although I tend to skip added sugars, I've never gone low-carb, so haven't felt what those people feel. I did eliminate treats, though, and it was rough for quite a while....and very rough at first.

Is that an ostrich or an emu? I never remember the difference,

It's not a low carb thread. It's obviously about demonizing sugar.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    @WhoWhoWho23 what are you noping at? If you remove sugar you will start to have withdrawal symptoms.

You can't completely remove sugar. I've never had withdrawal symptoms when I cut back on added sugars.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Withdrawal symptoms from sugar? Nope
  • emhunter
    Options
    @WhoWhoWho23 what are you noping at? If you remove sugar you will start to have withdrawal symptoms.

You can't completely remove sugar. I've never had withdrawal symptoms when I cut back on added sugars.

I did not say completely. But when there is a drastic reduction. I stayed under 30g. Some people's bodies have those withdrawal symptoms. Why do you assume that everyone's journey is the same as yours?

The OP is not asking for permission. The OP was posting a funny pic about their mood. Why do you have to try to insert a debate? It's unnecessary.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

I did not say completely. But when there is a drastic reduction. I stayed under 30g. Some people's bodies have those withdrawal symptoms. Why do you assume that everyone's journey is the same as yours?

The OP is not asking for permission. The OP was posting a funny pic about their mood. Why do you have to try to insert a debate? It's unnecessary.

You got all that from one image? Wow, you're good
  • emhunter
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

You got all that from one image? Wow, you're good

I know. Thanks!
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Zzz, here we go. Differing opinions are just so darn pesky, must commence arguments, go!

Haha! I actually love the un-photoshopped version of this pic!

WVazuVG.jpg

There is SO MUCH hilarious stuff happening. That llama in the side-mirror...its face LOL. "Soon."

• hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am counting my macros and trying to maintain 45% protein 25% fat and 30% Carbs. this is lower carb for me. Im not 100% sure where the sugar cravings are coming from. I am trying not to eat processed grains and high sugar fruits at this point in my plan but the weight loss is not going as i expected maybe from the higher level of fat? .......living and learning :blush:
  • emhunter
    Options

You're saying that applies to everyone across the board? Everyone?

What are these symptoms exactly?

No. You're correct that everyone does not have these symptoms. But obviously the poster is and I have so I am saying that this can happen. Kudos to you for not having this issue.
This discussion has been closed.