snikkins wrote: »
    emhunter wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I am not the one that called it sugar withdrawal. I am not interested in trying to pick every word posters say apart. She made a post, and called it sugar withdrawal. I know what she means and I am going with it.

I do believe sugar is addictive though.

Sugar is not addictive.

OP did not say it was, so why bring that up?

Talk about derailing.

The OP called this thread "SUGAR WITHDRAWAL" thus indicating that she thought sugar was addictive. If she didnt mean it, that's fine. But that's why addiction came up.

Didn't a bunch of people post and say the term withdrawal is often used casually and does not mean that you are really claiming addiction?

That's what I choose to believe unless OP says otherwise.

You are the one who brought up addiction.

I cut out added sugar and had zero symptoms, and I don't think there's any scientific reason for symptoms from that. Might you miss it? Sure.

No you're wrong. Sllrunner brought the word "addiction" first. I did not think that was what the OP meant. However I do believe sugar is addictive. So I did not detail the post. Go back and re-read. He was the first one to mention the word addiction. Initially I was just speaking in loose terms about her "withdrawal" symptoms.

For someone who does not want to argue. you sure do a lot of arguing.

I don't like to argue and I ignore a large part of it. However when there are multiple people attacking what I say, I feel the need to respond sometimes. You speak your mind. So why shouldn't i? This debate did not start with me. I was laughing at a post!

No one is saying you shouldn't speak your mind but every third post or so, you claim to not want to argue or debate. That is all that was said.

I don't like to debate. But if someone attacks what I say, then I will usually respond. Doesn't mean I like it. I don't even go looking for it. In fact, I try to respond to posts that I think certain posters won't be on. I'd rather not have contact with them because I don't want to debate.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    not-arguing-explaining-why-right-funny-quotes-sayings-pictures.jpg
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Can I borrow this? I might need it for another thread...
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

But of course, it is not mine to control. :smile:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg
    It seems to me that people who insist sugar is an actual physical addiction, tend to do so because it removes them from taking any personal responsibility for their eating behavior, by allowing them to assume the helpless victim role, instead. I've also noticed that this "it's not my fault!" attitude prevails amongst those who are unsuccessful in achieving and maintaining weight loss.

Just my opinion and observations, to which I am entitled. :)

Wow. That seems like a huge assumption and sweeping generalization. I find such assumptions and sweeping generalizations, especially about people's character, to be really unhelpful. In fact, I find them to be the start of many unnecessary fights here on MFP as many can take offense at such characterization.

Why do you feel the need to characterize people in such a negative light?

I have to agree with you, why do people have to characterize others in such a negative light?

Priceless.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Time to bring this out again.

12027734_10153121757798316_7286041691695226028_n%201_zpslqovu2et.jpg
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg
    It seems to me that people who insist sugar is an actual physical addiction, tend to do so because it removes them from taking any personal responsibility for their eating behavior, by allowing them to assume the helpless victim role, instead. I've also noticed that this "it's not my fault!" attitude prevails amongst those who are unsuccessful in achieving and maintaining weight loss.

Wow. That seems like a huge assumption and sweeping generalization. I find such assumptions and sweeping generalizations, especially about people's character, to be really unhelpful. In fact, I find them to be the start of many unnecessary fights here on MFP as many can take offense at such characterization.

@lindsey1979
    I have to agree with you, why do people have to characterize others in such a negative light?

Picture worth a thousand words.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Nah, that's not quite how it happened:

On page one, you said:
    If you remove sugar you will start to have withdrawal symptoms.

With the statement, you imply that sugar is addictive. Otherwise, no withdrawal symptoms would be mentioned.

On page 2, was this interaction:
    » show previous quotes

I don't believe it happens to anyone. There's no scientific reason why it would.

Keto flu is real. But it's not withdrawal.

Me: This, because sugar is not an addictive substance.

Which was a direct response to you after you said not that everyone has withdrawal symptoms.

And, it's true, I'm all female. ;)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Yes. Thank you.
  • SLLRunner
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

But of course, it is not mine to control. :smile:

You got flagged for abuse, anyway! Tff. B)
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Nah, that's not quite how it happened:

On page one, you said:
    If you remove sugar you will start to have withdrawal symptoms.

With the statement, you imply that sugar is addictive. Otherwise, no withdrawal symptoms would be mentioned.

On page 2, was this interaction:
    » show previous quotes

I don't believe it happens to anyone. There's no scientific reason why it would.

Keto flu is real. But it's not withdrawal.

Me: This, because sugar is not an addictive substance.

Which was a direct response to you after you said not that everyone has withdrawal symptoms.

And, it's true, I'm all female. ;)

I have clarified many times I was using withdrawal in the loose sense poster was using. And also that I did not mean it happens to everyone. Yet you went the addiction word. That was not what this post was about. I was simply laughing and saying I can relate to the symptoms.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »

Yes. Thank you.

+1
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

LMFAO STRAIGHT UP SAVAGE
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

Yep. It all comes back full circle. Karma
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

Please don't attack me and bring up things from other posts, especially when you're doing it so unfairly out of context. I could argue with you about how big of a misrepresentations is, but then this ugly cycle will never end. I'm not attacking you, please don't do it to me.

Why do you feel the need to start fights over and over again? Please stop this.

• snickerscharlie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

Please don't attack me and bring up things from other posts, especially when you're doing it so unfairly out of context. I could argue with you about how big of a misrepresentations is, but then this ugly cycle will never end. I'm not attacking you, please don't do it to me.

So you're saying you're the victim, here?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

I just can't even today...Lmao
    Too many special snowflakes on this one...
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    wy35aj0y3x89.jpg

@lindsey1979

So you're saying you're the victim, here?

How are things ever going to change if this behavior continues?

I haven't attacked any of you -- and yet 6 (Sohypocritical, snickerscharlie, SLRunner, queenliz99, PeachyCarol and Thorsmom01) of you piled on me from things in an old post, which is taken grossly out of context (as you all well know). The original poster (Sohypocritical) has done it under a brand new name, probably so he/she can avoid censure by the moderators under his/her original name. I could attack you back and get into a big fight about how unfair and cruel of this is of you all, but I don't want to continue the ugly, dysfunctional cycle, so I'm asking you all to please stop needlessly attacking me.

This discussion has been closed.