Im going to lose 20 pounds in 40 days!

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited September 2015
    learning all sorts today on google. slim quick- #1 Selling Female Fat Burner - good grief, as long as there are people who believe this rubbish they will just keep on making this rubbish. ha. They even have a product for men. I just had a good laugh.

Now for all of you that called out OP because of her age, it has nothing to do with age. we have also have a 4
    1 year old buying another useless waste of money product ( Omnitrition).

OP be careful.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    I think most people above have the best intentions. It's hard not to come across harsh and abrasive online sometimes. It can be hard to explain thoughts without writing a novel of a post! Whatever you choose to do I would recommend heavy resistance training so you preserve your muscle mass. Toning will make a HUGE impact on how you feel and look Hun. If you do drop that much weight that quick you might not look all that much better if a considerable amount is muscle. You could do a smaller caloric deficit with strength training, lose half that much weight and look better, firmer and happier. You don't want to be skinny fat. Just my thoughts. Feel free to add me as a friend if ya want and good luck on your journey. :)

This. Well said. Add me too if you like xo
  • JustMissTracy
    OP...much love to you...I understand where you're coming from....for me, would you please google these two words...Im not lecturing you honey, but you remind me of my girl, and I want you to be happy, slim AND healthy.....two words...METABOLIC DAMAGE. This may not get you now, or next year...but over time, yoyo dieting, extreme weightloss and gain, will lead to this...very scary stuff, mon ami...and you deserve to be healthy, slim and beautiful for your thirties, forties and fifties too...please think about this. Message me if you like, I won't judge you, but I may offer you advice...like my daughter, you may tell me to eff off, you got this thing...BUT...I didn't get to this age, this health, by accident. Years of trial and error...years of learning....wisdom...all these things you will have eventually too. Much love hun...please remember, you have ALOT of years left still...
  • JustMissTracy
    pandr612 wrote: »
    I lost 25lbs in 2 weeks with the diet Omnitrition. Something to check out. My friend referred me. She lost 80lbs in 6 months. Just an idea

OMG that is sincerely scary. No offense intended, but no doctor would recommend that amount of loss, unless you started at 280 or something.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I appreciate all of the advice given guys, thanks! Even those of you who seem to love to tear others down. ;) You're obvi not happy with yourself and it shows. Again, thanks! I'll be losing the weight, feel free to friend me for mutual motivational support :)

No one is tearing you down. We're just telling you how it is.
    I'm sorry... But have I said anything like "I know everything"? No, but you all have! Haha. I've taken in all of your advice with grace and I appreciate it. Seems the 19 year old is more mature than most of the rest of yall. Get some manners.

Insults are unnecessary.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Ignore these people who say you can't do it- I DID/DO IT! 400-900kcal for 4 days (very rarely consume 900, mostly 500- the 900 is just for slip ups) then on the 5th day eat the amount of calories that is equal to your BMR. Don't exercise too often - it's not necessary. I have a bmi of 19.14 and I lose exactly half a pound a day while consuming 500kcal and I lose about 0.2lbs a day when eating equal to my BMR.

IMPORTANT: Don't sleep throughout the day! Maintaining a proper sleep routine, cutting down on caffeine intake and waking up at the same time every day has really helped me

BARE IN MIND: I don't consume, meat, alcohol, any drug other than caffeine, limited dairy and rarely oil.

Promoting VLCDs in the forums is specifically against forum guidelines. Plus, we really don't like it.

• sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Wow--just spent my lunch hour reading all the negative posts, rather than support to her for at least realizing she wanted to change and making the commitment. At least she set a goal! We all lose weight in our own way. At least she isn't having surgery to take care of it.
  • jennifer_417
    Wow--just spent my lunch hour reading all the negative posts, rather than support to her for at least realizing she wanted to change and making the commitment. At least she set a goal! We all lose weight in our own way. At least she isn't having surgery to take care of it.

Sorry, but we all lose weight the same way, through a calorie deficit.

• jennifer_417
    I'm sorry... But have I said anything like "I know everything"? No, but you all have! Haha. I've taken in all of your advice with grace and I appreciate it. Seems the 19 year old is more mature than most of the rest of yall. Get some manners.

Actually, you kind of did...

Thanks for your contribution guys, I do appreciate it. I am aiming for fast weight loss though and would like to look good by that time. Afterwards I plan on continuing to try and lose weight but taking it slower. I've gained a significant amount of weight one other time in my life and was able to get it off quickly and keep it off, but I've just recently gained a bunch of weight again because I got off track, stopped exercising and not tracking what I eat. So I've had experience and know how my body handles taking weight off. Thanks guys!

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Im going to lose 20 pounds in 40 days!

! I'd love to make some friends on here so we can both motivate each other to get healthy!

Motivating you to be healthy would not include dropping a pound every other day. Shoot for a pound a week and pick a date further out as a goal.

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Thanks for your contribution guys, I do appreciate it. I am aiming for fast weight loss though and would like to look good by that time. Afterwards I plan on continuing to try and lose weight but taking it slower. I've gained a significant amount of weight one other time in my life and was able to get it off quickly and keep it off, but I've just recently gained a bunch of weight again because I got off track, stopped exercising and not tracking what I eat. So I've had experience and know how my body handles taking weight off. Thanks guys!

If you gained it again, clearly it wasn't successful long term. And if you can gain that much (20 lbs) by being just a little off track than either you're way more off track than you think, or you were actually gaining it back for longer than you think you were.

Either way, you're here again (as in needing to lose weight) so clearly the method you used before just didn't work and you're yo-yoing, which will make long term success harder. Good luck, though.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited September 2015
    I don't really go to many parties :p , but I've just been around here quite awhile so I know the way that most of these posts go down. Exactly what I thought would happen did happen. MFP is about losing weight the healthy way, and to most of us that means changing your lifestyle in a way that you can maintain and that leads to better health overall. MFP isn't supposed to be about crash diets, starving yourself, "supplements," and other bogus measures to drop weight at the drop of a hat. I do wish you luck on your journey, we all have a different one.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    As I mentioned in another post last night, it seems more and more that this is becoming a site where someone proposes doing an unsafe, extremely aggressive weight loss method, and everyone is supposed to just chime in and say, "good for you, go girl, you got this" with no regard for whether this approach is safe and viable, for either this poster or others that may come in and read these posts later....
  • Therealobi1
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    As I mentioned in another post last night, it seems more and more that this is becoming a site where someone proposes doing an unsafe, extremely aggressive weight loss method, and everyone is supposed to just chime in and say, "good for you, go girl, you got this" with no regard for whether this approach is safe and viable, for either this poster or others that may come in and read these posts later....

I think it's always been this way
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    sugom2 wrote: »

she isn't morbidly obese - so no surgeon worth being called that would take care of it. 20 extra pounds on a 19 year old girl.

We aren't supporting her decision to lose such a crazy amount of weight in such a short time because IT IS NOT GOOD FOR HER.

We DO support her wanting to change her life, and we are all ENCOURAGING her to take her time, do it healthy.
    There isn't a single person here telling her to not lose weight. We are all telling her that she needs to think over the long term and make healthy decisions.

There is a huge difference between support and enabling destructive behavior. Most of us are supporting her. @veggiesausage15 is participating in and enabling destructive behavior.

But soon enough, things will turn to mocking as she continues to stick her fingers in her ears and refuse to listen to us mean naysayers. Names will be called, memes will be posted, and the thread will be locked.
  • Therealobi1
    Ignore these people who say you can't do it- I DID/DO IT! 400-900kcal for 4 days (very rarely consume 900, mostly 500- the 900 is just for slip ups) then on the 5th day eat the amount of calories that is equal to your BMR. Don't exercise too often - it's not necessary. I have a bmi of 19.14 and I lose exactly half a pound a day while consuming 500kcal and I lose about 0.2lbs a day when eating equal to my BMR.

IMPORTANT: Don't sleep throughout the day! Maintaining a proper sleep routine, cutting down on caffeine intake and waking up at the same time every day has really helped me

BARE IN MIND: I don't consume, meat, alcohol, any drug other than caffeine, limited dairy and rarely oil.

This can't be for real. You prob don't have the energy to exercise even if you wanted to
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I think it's always been this way

To some degree, it has been, but there was a lot of good self policing from the "mean people" of these threads. Nowadays many of those usual suspects have left on their own because they are frustrated, or they have been banned from the forums. It's sad, really.

• Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Waiting on the rage quit....
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    At my heaviest I lost 10lbs a month. That was 400lb+ where simply eating better put me at such a deficit from what I'd been consuming that it melted off. What she desires to achieve is over double that. She's not 400lbs. It isn't healthily obtainable. We are not being negative for trying to encourage healthy, enduring means of weight loss. It's laughable that stating an opinion that differs from OPs objectives is seen as mean, critical, and overall undesirable. Sometimes the truth isn't what you want to hear but that doesn't mean it is any less true.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    sugom2 wrote: »

I'm definitely not advocating for WLS but realistically if someone is large enough to require that to be done then don't you think having the surgery so they can become mobile again is also a goal?

The surgery itself is not a magic pill, it still takes a heck of a lot of discipline to continue going after you have that done.

Further, those who do have the surgery are then on a VLCD which is normally medically supervised - she's going to (or advocating for) a VLCD just to look good in some little Halloween get up. You cannot compare those who go through surgery for weight loss and what OP is trying to do . . . they're incredibly different situations.

She's not making the commitment either - she wants to look good. She has lost before, bounced back up and now she's here again. It isn't working and she isn't committed. I've lost 80lbs over a couple years. It's taken a while but I haven't gained a pound of it back. It takes time and commitment indicates day in and day out dedication - she wants a quick fix to look hot. BIG DIFFERENCE.
This discussion has been closed.