My fitness pal is the key! See pics! Total transformation

Options

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    You look amazing - I'm only losing 1-2 lb a week so feel a bit disheartened the road ahead seems so long, how long did it take and what was you avg weekly loss thanks -

Even though its not addressed to me I wanted to comment on this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with losing a pound or two a week. That is a perfectly normal amount. Try to remember that the weight didn't come on over night and it wont come off that quickly either. Also,a slower loss is better. it gives your body time to adapt to the changes and your much more likely to sustain your weight loss. Yes, it may be a long road, but time is going to pass either way. Every single pound that you lose is a pound less than you weighed before.

Awwww... I love you mamadon!! :D 100% what she said!! :)

Awwww.... Thanks, my long time friend!!! ❤️
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    wow~ ! Just. WOW
  • Blake3693
    Blake3693 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation! You lost about 10 years in age too!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations. However, please explain how lifting weights can tighten skin? Skin is not muscle. Skin will tighten up over time because it renews itself. Whether or not it will completely go back to original, i don't know. I have yet to see in myself how much recovery can be achieved in 2-3 years. One down two more to go. But im past menopause so many not as much as a young person.

Also i think you've probably done it harder than is necessary. People don't need to exericse to lose weight. People should exericse for their health but this means they don't have to really work that hard. Moderate exercise is all that's necessary for significant improvements in health. I lost all my weight without exercise and am only doing it now regularly for my health becuase i didn't feel like doing it before. NOw i jsut walk on the beach every day with my dog for about 3km and sometiems i do a few sprints or jog about 1km. GEtting your heart rate up is the quickest way to increase fitness. i'm not really interested in building muscle. I am interested in reducing muscle loss though so I only ever had a small calorie deficit to lose weight. I know this makes it slower and for people with a lot to lose they can increase the deficit but if you get hungry, then you probably fail after a while. So i balance the deficit with avoidance of hunger.
  • vwagar
    vwagar Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    You look great. Congratulations. However, please explain how lifting weights can tighten skin? Skin is not muscle. Skin will tighten up over time because it renews itself. Whether or not it will completely go back to original, i don't know. I have yet to see in myself how much recovery can be achieved in 2-3 years. One down two more to go. But im past menopause so many not as much as a young person.

Also i think you've probably done it harder than is necessary. People don't need to exericse to lose weight. People should exericse for their health but this means they don't have to really work that hard. Moderate exercise is all that's necessary for significant improvements in health. I lost all my weight without exercise and am only doing it now regularly for my health becuase i didn't feel like doing it before. NOw i jsut walk on the beach every day with my dog for about 3km and sometiems i do a few sprints or jog about 1km. GEtting your heart rate up is the quickest way to increase fitness. i'm not really interested in building muscle. I am interested in reducing muscle loss though so I only ever had a small calorie deficit to lose weight. I know this makes it slower and for people with a lot to lose they can increase the deficit but if you get hungry, then you probably fail after a while. So i balance the deficit with avoidance of hunger.

I believe the strength training as just given me definition in my arms and back...not necessarily tightening my skin but my arms just look better..not really sure if it's helped tighten up my skin.. I will just have to see with time what happens..I only do moderate exercise..nothing crazy..mostly walking or riding my exercise bike for avg 30 mins a day ...and then lift free weights for 10 mins...I have a desk job so I don't move around as much as others ...when I move I burn calories so in that sense I can eat more if I want...being active brings me more of a mental clarity and to me I feel better moving instead of sitting..I truly believe when you eat well and exercise it comes off easier.. It's more about a healthier LIFESTYLE as a whole for me and I used to not move AT ALL! But def you can loose weight without exercising
  • Ramobe
    Ramobe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to my fitness pal. I have been going to water aerobics since the beginning of August three days a week. I feel I'm losing inches, but my weight is up and down. What kind of advice can you give me and what are some healthy tips that will help in my weight loss? Also, how much water did you drink? I can't drink a gallon a water a day per doc's orders.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options

vwagar wrote: »
    Patttience wrote: »
    It's more about a healthier LIFESTYLE as a whole for me and I used to not move AT ALL!

Yes!
  • vwagar
    vwagar Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ramobe wrote: »
    I'm new to my fitness pal. I have been going to water aerobics since the beginning of August three days a week. I feel I'm losing inches, but my weight is up and down. What kind of advice can you give me and what are some healthy tips that will help in my weight loss? Also, how much water did you drink? I can't drink a gallon a water a day per doc's orders.

Just keep up the healthy choices!! Inches are really a true definition of weight loss more than the number on the scale! It wil happen! I don't drink a lot of water the way I should! I drink for thirst only...I know not good but being honest...I only drink coffe tea and water though! Just be CONSISTENT with the healthier choices! One good choice will lead to another! I believe consistency has been the key for me
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome Inspiration is what you are! By the way I heard you were from Rochester I'm near Rochester :) I still have 135lbs to go to hit a healthy bmi. Ill get there though!
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You're looking fantastic - well done!!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Kudos! I love your hair blonde, I think it suits you and makes you look younger. Amazing success, thank you for sharing your journey with us.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, what an amazing transformation ...... lots of hard work & determination goes into that, too !
  • andres0691
    andres0691 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Truly an inspiration! Good job :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    wow...
  • SamanthaPeake
    SamanthaPeake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an achievement and an inspiration!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    WOW Girl you rock congrats!!!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Literal jaw drop! Holy buckets that's an amazing transformation!!
  • Alastair007
    Alastair007 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Gosh is that the same person? Looking really fab well done!
  • ajsmommy824
    ajsmommy824 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow!!!! You look amazing!!!!! Great job on your journey!
  • bigblueeyes1
    bigblueeyes1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm speechless!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!