Down almost 80, and about 15-20 to go. (lifting/diet/cardio)

Options
12346»

Replies

• snagy1
    snagy1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! How many calories do you take in?
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Dude, you definitely have abs, I can see them!!
  • gigineve809
    gigineve809 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow...:smile:
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! How many calories do you take in?

i don't really use this site all the time to track my food too often, but usually i'm like 1200 or so.

i eat pretty similar meals every day:

1 pack instantt oatmeal for breakfast ~110 calories
    Grilled chicekn in a salad , light dressing ~400-500 caloreies (i go to this Hills market, like a trader joes, that has a full salad bar that i get this from and usually my salad weighs like .8 lbs, so surely it's a large salad).
    Protein shake ~ 300 calories
    then if i'm hungry still i'll have cereal w\soy milk ~200 calories, or i buy precut fruit, and idk how much calories those are.

Then for drinks, i only have water or diet soda, so i don't drink any calories (sans the protein shake).

but i've adjusted to this routine from having a fairly sloppy eating habits and I eat til i'm full, like i'm never left feeling hungry or weak, i eat alot, it's just i eat alot of salad or alot of fruit..so it's really calorie concious.

Then i lift every day after work for 90-120 min, when i get home i run for about 40 minutes, then later at night sometimes i'll do p90x plyometrics for an hour.

Eventually i want to do stuff in the morning, but i keep waking up too late :-\

At some point i'm going to need to increase my calories or decrease my activity, as I'm pretty sure i'm in a calorie deficit most days and obvoiusly that isn't sustainable whenever i get to whatever i decide my goal weight is (hopes of being 185, but 195 is prob more reasonable).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Still...you look great!
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, keep up the great work!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*!!! Amazing
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oh my word! You don't even look like the same person. Really.

I am excited to see your pics. I think my 12 year old is headed right where your stats are. He's only 150 right now, but hasn't gotten to puberty yet. He's expected to be about 6'2", and he's built a LOT like you look in your before photo. I know he can look as good as you do now.

when i was 13 i was like 5'7/5'8 and 185, and that summer going into highschool i really focused on my cardio and was like 5'10/5'11 153 as a freshman. You should make sure he stays up on his cardio, i know my life being overweight in junior high vs my life in highschool as skinny/fit was a significant difference, it was such a better experience in every aspect.

Following the growth charts, he will be just like your stats at 13, too. At 13, I expect him to overtake his older brother and his dad, who are 5'8". I am planning to get him into swimming (my first love) with a pre-team, just so he can get the cardio in. He would be amazing in the weight room, just like you look to be.

I wanted to show him your post here as inspiration, but he's still so young yet that I think he won't really get it. He's still in that "oblivious" state where he doesn't care so much how he looks. And I am really careful not to say things that would make him feel bad (he has such a sweet heart). But he's starting to notice girls, so he may start to care more in a year or so. I want him to go into high school better prepared physically than he is. He is a natural for football with a brute strength (men everywhere ask me if he plays), but he couldn't cut it on the field for lack of cardio ability. I think losing the weight would make his body move just so much better. I know what it has done for me.

What inspired you to do the cardio/lose weight going into high school? And what cardio did you do?
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    wow you look hot! Great work
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    WOW! You look great!! Keep it up and get those abs!! (:
  • wcugirl04
    wcugirl04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hard work pays off! Way to go! Congratulations!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell! You look incredible!

Well done!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yowza! Well done, you :)
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look awesome!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Awesome transformation!! Congrats!!! notworthy.gif
  • alyssarof2012
    alyssarof2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congrats on your success so far!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yum!:tongue:
    Extremely well done!
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    What inspired you to do the cardio/lose weight going into high school? And what cardio did you do?

pretty boring response, but it was just simply wanting to be in shape and back then i just did pretty basic, i ran outside every day and then i just ate well.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options

pretty boring response, but it was just simply wanting to be in shape and back then i just did pretty basic, i ran outside every day and then i just ate well.

Thank you. I really appreciate your taking the time to respond. :)

You made a huge change even at that time. Boring is OK. Sometimes simple is best.
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Grt..u look handsome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!