WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Liz in Caldwell, Idaho- A tour of the Scentsy factory sounds like fun. I like many of the Scentsy products. I hope the smells don’t get overwhelming for your group. I remember touring the Yankee candle factory once and I had to leave because there were too many smells at one time.

GRITS – Woot! Woot! Congrats on becoming overweight. I am so pleased for you.

Mia in MI

October goals:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Weigh and measure all food that I prepare at home
    Get at least 15 min per day of aerobic exercise
    64 oz. water (or what counts as water for my program) daily

Word for the month - PERSEVERE
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I'm going to sneak in a post since everything is quiet here right now.

I made a bad boo-boo today! I have on my Fitbit bracelet but the Fitbit itself is at home in the charger. Arrgh! I even walked to the corner store from job #1 this morning--I'm by myself for a few days and it is so wonderful to see the sunshine that I took that 10-15 minute break!

I sent in three job applications online today. We'll see what happens. None of them look spectacular, but it's so hard to tell from the job descriptions. At least I took a step...

I don't remember if I said this before, but my doctor increased my Prozac prescription and I got a different anxiety med. I am feeling better. I'm not where I usually am at this time of year, but at least I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still worried about my son not having a place to live and still grieving my friend's marriage, but I'm not dwelling on them all of the time. I'm also just doing my job and trying to stay out of sight at job #2. I REALLY would like to get out of this environment, but I'll have to trust that it will happen when the time is right. I finally put into words how I feel about this place--it's like the surface is all pretty but the inside is rotten like a piece of fruit can be.

I'm still trying hard to be kind to myself and be sure that I rest a lot since I feel tired so much. However, the food situation is still a mess because I simply do not want anything to eat and I'm under 1,000 calories most days. I've lost 10 pounds, but I know it's not healthy.

I had a re-check with the surgeon last Thursday. He was pleased with my progress. He told me that most patients find themselves at 80% after six months. I think I may beat that one!

I have no memory of the last time I actually wrote a regular post, so please forgive me if I'm repeating myself!

Alison - Go see a lawyer! Get your ducks in a row so that you are ready to go if D****H decides that's what he wants. Good job at standing up for yourself!

I'm so sleepy that I've forgotten what else I was going to say, so I'll leave it at this.

Carol in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Good news about DB. He only needed surgery for his cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Margaret ... That's great news!!
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Grits, congratulations on being overweight!
    Chris in MA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Margaret - What great news! You must be so relieved.

We are hoping for a good night's sleep tonight. :ohwell: My flu jab was a breeze - straight in and out. The W I meeting was initially fun as the speaker showed us a couple of vintage hair styles, but it wasn't the practice session I was expecting. I came back home early and watched tv with DH.
    DH is falling asleep on the sofa and I can feel the effects of my flu jab. Always get a mild reaction. I will take a Nytol and pain killer tonight. They tell you it's a dead vaccine, but it always makes me feel a bit fluey.

Just tired after all our emotional trials. To think this morning DH was sobbing his heart out. I will have a read of the latest Sue Grafton. Up to X now. :laugh:

Alison - stay strong! <3

Night night - Heather UK

TWO DAYS WITHOUT MY EVENING DRINK. :drinker:

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,671 Member
    Options
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Been giving a lot of thought today to the meaning of inner strength and having the grace to live life bravely...

<3 Rosie in So Cal
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Allison, I have to wonder if your DH really wants to split up, but he wants you to be the bad guy, I.e, the one who leaves. It sounds like he is trying to push all your buttons. I don't usually bash people I don't know personally, but he sounds like a control freak to me.

Grits, congratulations, you overweight thing! One day, one day. Sigh!

On the topic of adult diapers, I think it would depend on the capacity of the person wearing them. The pull-ups would work better if you were changing your own, and the tabs would work better if you were changing someone else's. At least, that's the way it seems to me. I don't really know.

That's all I have today. I did yard work all afternoon and am exhausted.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Good news about DB. He only needed surgery for his cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Joyce ... The pull up type depends have tear away sides so you don't have to pull soiled pants down the legs.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    16,000 steps
    153 minutes of dog walking

smiley-happy032.gif Allison, I'm sending hugs to you....you have a tough challenge with your husband and his attitude and behavior. I hope you are giving some serious thought to all the aspects of living on your own because there are probably a lot of benefits.

smiley-happy032.gif. IrishTerri, I love your poems...keep them coming

smiley-happy032.gif Rosie, how great that you downloaded an audio book from the library. I used to listen to music when I walked and now all I listen to are books.

smiley-happy032.gif Sylvia, it's great to see you again....love all the dog adventures...we had a cat once who was so traumatized about going to the vet that she had to be sedated for her exam and immunizations.

:'( Carol in NC, I know how you feel without your fit bit.....One morning I discovered that the battery on my pedometer was dead and I felt so discouraged about walking without getting any credit for the steps.

smiley-happy032.gif We went for our flu shots today...my shoulder knows that it was jabbed but I don't have any other effects.

t69076.gif I am very grateful for my simple life with not too many bumps in it. I am also grateful for all of you who add so much joy and support and encouragement and understanding.

t09130.gifBarbie from NW Washington where it is clearly autumn
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Liz, hope you feel better when you get up.

Wessecg, congrats on your loss. Great picture. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr, when Nov. 5th gets here, if I forget, just remember the BD greeting I sent yesterday. LOL Talk about drunken stupor, maybe it’s me. But Happy Anniversary and good for you on the great hubby! Hope you get the pain med situation worked out. ((((Hugs))))

Joyce, yuck on the catsup! But if he’s eating, I guess, who cares? Is your nephew the one going to Coastal Carolina? That is just up the road from here and they had the solid 3 ½ days of rain but not in an area that floods. It has finally stopped today and hopefully things will start getting back to normal in another few days. Schools are still closed because there are still so many streets under water.

Heather, I just hate that your DH is having such a hard time with this niece mess. If his sister only knew the turmoil she has caused!!! I hope it’s resolved soon and he can relax. (later) OMG, when is his BD? I hate, hate, hate that this is causing him such stress. Unfortunately that is how family matters can be.

Sharon, I loved reading, “Decided to be happy today”. Strangely enough, sometimes that is all it takes. Good for you!!

Allison, good for you on your talk with H. I also hope that some of it stuck!

Liz, it sounds like an interesting day ahead for you. I will look forward to hearing how it went.

Elaine, as much as I have used computers for the past 25 years, I didn’t know there were “online jigsaw puzzles”? Gee, ya live and learn. I’ll check it out.

Heather, it sounds like perhaps things are getting a little better. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Pip, I’m glad you will wait for your shoulder to heal before taking on the Ironman, but I can certainly see you doing that.

Terri, what in the world kind of wife are you? You expected DH to eat a taco without cheese? Good Grief. smiley-gen152.gif If he’s anything like mine, the next time he may choose to eat it without cheese. At least you get to have the food you prepared.

Sylvia, I’m glad you are ok and happy that your internet is restored. That silly Bruno, thinking he would outsmart you! LOL

Tina, hi back at ya. I’m not sure if you are joining our little group or not, but if so, Welcome. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. This is a wonderful place for support and information. Come often and join right in.

Chris, that is exactly what we were saying about not paying attention to the size. If it fits right, enjoy and just pretend they are all 6s. 

Brenda, welcome back. Sorry about the gain, but hang around here and we’ll encourage you to get it off again.

Lenora, congrats on getting under Obese. I remember how thrilling it was. Keep up the good work.

CarolNC, congrats on sending the applications. Yes, it’s a start even if they weren’t wonderful jobs. Glad the surgeon is pleased with your progress. You keep taking care of yourself.

MNMargaret, that is wonderful news for your brother. ((Hugs))

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

It probably didn’t get out of the 60s today but will warm up the next few days. I have a Moose convention starting Thursday till Sunday but hope to sneak out to the beach on Friday when it is predicted to be sunny and 80 degrees. I may not have a lot of time to check in but will be logging my food and drink. As always I’m thinking of you and wishing the best for each of you. Again, line dancing wore me out today so I’m off to bed.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    Spin- 45.08min 87ar, 81aw, 9-10g 19.3mi = 312c
    walk dome 2 hm- 41.59min, 3.7av pace, 100ahr, 137mhr 2.5mi = 293c
    605 total cal
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I seem to have picked up a virus when I got my flu shot- the doctor's office is the worse place for picking up new bugs! Anyway, I have been coughing all day, with no relief from my inhaler. I got laundry, dishes and pet care done today but absolutely nothing additional. Headachy, achy, and scratchy throat. Darn!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Today was an emotional day... I had a nice morning, getting ready for swimming, but on the way there, my husband and I had a well deserved chat. He is worried about me getting too into the social aspect of MFP. I am a recovering Facebook addict so he is noticing the tell tail signs. Instead of doing lap swimming, I sat in the hot tub and thought. When he came in, after his workout, we discussed some ideas. I said that I won't go on any other threads but this one. I said that I like checking in and logging my food, being accountable with that, but wandering the threads will stop. I said that I would put up an online stopwatch and keep track of my minutes with you all. It all seems doable, and I understand his worrying. I want to deserve his trust. I want to be online without the pit in my stomach like I am doing something wrong. That is the addiction I was mentioning. It was awful, and for a couple of years I was a two personality type person. The domestic, take care of sons, and do what I did to keep the house in shape, etc....but on the computer I was another person. A person I hated. A person that had such low self esteem that I settled on being used.

Its nice to come out of the tunnel. Live a life I can be proud of, that has meaning. It was hard to live "balancing on a fence" like a cat....always afraid of falling. Telling my husband of my past life, and past was messy, difficult, but freeing at the same time.

Oh today I bought some baby Brie triangles! And I bought some baby mozzarella blobs.... Something that I can toss in my dishes as a treat. Its fun to make a soup and plop one of those in the middle...so it melts and you have a molten prize in the midst of your soup!

Tonight I had two pieces of pizza and a large coke. I hope it doesn't come in the night to haunt me. My husband treated me (or sabotaged me) and bought a little cup made of chocolate with espresso and chocolate flavored mouse'. My son and I will each have a spoon and I will make a large pot of coffee to sip with it. Its awesome. I will post a pic because its so pretty. Not something I partake in often. Its a son deal.

Everyone be well, be happy in your journeys.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Pow-wow%20009_zps8cl3ky5v.jpg

I know this isn't quite healthy food, but it sure is pretty. I HAVE THIS IN MY FRIG RIGHT NOW....lol

Becca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Found these workouts in *Shape* magazine and thought I'd give them a try. The first was on the elliptical. I wasn't crazy about it at all (as a matter of fact, I threw out the paper with the workout). There were too many incline changes and speed changes in a short period of time. It seemed that almost every minute you were making two adjustments. The other workout was on the treadmill, basically, it was speed intervals. I don't think I could run for two minutes but I modified it and ran for one minute.

the plan for tomorrow is to go to Bi-Lo and then take the deep water aerobics class.

Went to Mexican Train tonight. Before we went I had two Boca burgers and cheese and spinach/feta quiche. when I got there I had 3 of the spinach/bacon mushrooms (Skinnytaste) but I also had 2 SMALL pieces of cheese so I logged it as 6 pieces of the mushrooms. Actually, they all went. Vince didn't eat any, but that's ok. Everyone else seemed to like them.

Vince used the tractor this morning and cut the front grass (weeds, actually). I was going to use the push behind mower, but couldn't get it started. Well, Vince sent me to Lowe's Hardward for a new sparkplaug and air filter. I took the old ones with me -- I didn't even know where in that store it would be! A worker helped me. Got home and put the new parts in, only that didn't fix it. The only other culprit could be the carborator. Vince saw a youtube video and there's this small part that he cleaned out and it started just fine. Well, tomorrow I'll probably work on cutting the weeds.

DJ - you all are in our prayers.

Terri in Milwaukee - congrats on that NSV. That's the way to do it. And you learned something very important (always bring your tea). Wow! Riding and walking the long way around, fantastic! Congrats on winning those tickets

LPN - come back often. Good luck on your virtual Ironman. I've never heard of that, how does it work?

Mia - what a wonderful fantasy! I sure wish Becca lived loser to me, that's for sure

Meg - hope your knee gets better fast

Cheryl - lovely photo. congrats on the loss

lizmil - feel better fast

janetr - yikes, not processing the pain meds. Hope it gets worked out real soon. Hope you had a great anniversary

Sharon - thanks for the suggestion of quinoa for breakfast. I don't think I've ever thought of that. Don't know why

Heather - you are so wonderful for your hubby

Lisa - how wonderful that you got to run.

Joyce - I very rarely use ketchup

Breanda from MD - welcome Back!

Lenora - congrats on being "overwieght" and no longer "obese". Feels good, huh?

NCCarol - good for you sending those applications!

Miriam - oh no, sending you virtual chicken soup.

Becca - thank you for being so honest. This is the only thread that I come to, either.

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just a quick note my computer completely suddenly died, so I bought a new one, and am upgrading EVERYTHING all to compatible to windows 10- nothing works the same, and my business is at a halt... I am stressing, but not over eating or drinking ----yet --LOL so I am not participating but thinking of you and sending you love... back as soon as I can be.

Kim