• mparker1216
    mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    9rfbommzsbk7.jpg
    Morning walk
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :) Lenora, Crackers is darling. She is fortunate is to have you and you are fortunate to have found her.

:)Heather, You did an amazing job with the party for your husband's birthday. All that planning and effort were definitely worth it. You and hubby look fabulous and young in the picture.

:)Karen, If you have a phone that takes pictures, the next steps required to post the pictures on this thread are not too hard and we can help you.

After getting all the pets home today, we decided that it was time for Bernie to have his nails trimmed so poor Bernie had to get back in the carrier and go to the vet this afternoon. :'(
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
    DS emailed this photo from his phone.yevjrn4ht2km.jpg

WOWZERS!! HUBBA HUBBA!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Morning walk

Beautiful place for a walk!

Mary from Minnesota
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    All these people at your home? Everything looks beautifuL!!! A very nice party!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Heather - You and DH look so good together. I'm happy for you that the party went so well.

Grits - I think Cracker is just plain cut. No ugly-cute about her.

Lisa - Those butterfly pictures were awesome. It is so hard to imagine the shear numbers of butterflies all in one area.

Mia in MI
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Heather: You look absolutely AW-MAAAA-ZING! What a lovely gathering. Blessings to you and DH.

Love all the photos: Crackers, walks, meals. Thanks for sharing.

Stay well.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills, where fall has definitely arrived
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
    stats for the day-
    spin at home- 60min, 109ahr, 124mhr = 368c
    didn't have it in me today
    walk dome 2 hm- 40est, 2.5mi = 250c
    total cal 618
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Terri, how wonderful that you have the talent to make the hats and blankets for gifts and donations. I wish I did.

Heather, welcome home. So happy to hear that the celebration was a huge success!!! I’m glad everyone had a great time and especially the Birthday Boy. I’m glad you got to enjoy it also and didn’t have to work yourself to death the entire event. Looking forward to pictures. OMG, just saw the picture of you two. You both look fabulous. Girl, you are melting away to nothing. Look at that tiny waist!! Go chickie!!! The cake is so cool. Fantastic candle! Great pictures. Hey what happened to the niece that was trying to crash the party? Did she go to the pot luck?

Joyce, sorry to hear about the minivan. Isn’t it always something? I hope it’s an easy and inexpensive fix—if there is such a thing?

Went to the Moose for dinner before my meeting. I had a beef pot pie that was really good. Didn’t have any drinks and stayed under calories. Yeah me. Long day and I’m beat so off to bed. Thinking of all of you ladies and wishing you a wonderful, healthy and happy week. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather - you look gorgeous. Thrilled for you that all went well and that DH and guests enjoyed themselves. Well done. Thanks for the pics. I've been anxious to see them.

Lenora - Cracker is a cutie.

I'm fighting a sinus infection and have been under the weather the last few days. Hope it clears up soon, if not off to the doctor for antibiotics. I actually get them a couple of times each year, they rarely clear up on their own.

Janetr OKC
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sylvia so sorry for the loss of your friend. Knowing that it's coming doesn't make it any less painful. (((hug)))
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Thanks for sharing your butterflies! :flowerforyou:

DJ: My DH hasn't called our daughter. :mad: Neither has her brother. :grumble: We are going to DDIL's parent's house for Thanksgiving. We made this plan when DD was expecting to be in the process of moving to Illinois. She expected to be with her DMIL. That move has been put on the back burner for an unknown length of time. I don't think it will be the best Thanksgiving for her. :tear:

Heather: Congratulations on a successful celebration! You are amazing. The pictures are wonderful & your photo together is spectacular. The dress is perfect on you and you look lovely. :flowerforyou:

We're getting ready to have new windows installed upstairs and down. They are the windows with the very best views. I am getting excited about it now. DH is the one who wanted them and pushed to get them. I'm not sure that October is the best time to have two east facing walls open to the elements, but we'll get what we get. The upper window is in our bedroom and the lower one is in the living room. They'll do the bedroom one day and the living room the next. DSIL & DBIL will be here for those two days. Luckily they'll be in their motor home. We may spend a lot of time hanging out in the parking area. :laugh:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

October Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of my fast done! My DH and I did really well. Only 4 days left! Then I can eat as normal. I'm excited to see if there's a difference, especially in belly fat for my DH.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    looks like everyone has some good updates, except Janetr. You get better. Heather, your cake, candles, building, well everything looks grand. Luckily your husband only has a 70th birthday once in a lifetime.

Well Charlie bought this can of chili. It said just add meat for a complete meal. Yeah, sure. So he is so excited to have this tonight. He wanted me to fix it last night and all we would have to do is warm it up today. So I fixed it today and it was so bland. Luckily I had some stuff to spice it up some more but not enough. It seems like the kind that may taste good on a baked potato with cheese and stuff on it. So take my word and don't buy Margaret Holmes chili. I will jsut have to break down and make him some of my own 'home made' chili. I had planned on having something other than a piece of fruit and a good salad with it but it was so awful the only thing that would help me was a mini blizzard from Dairy Queen. So off we went.

Some one else who went off was Paula Dean from Dancing With the stars. I could tell from her first night that she would not make it long. She just can't move fast enough to dance on that show.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Heather your husband and you look so happy together - you must feel so proud that the party went so well and relieved that it's over! Your party reminds me of my grandfather's 80th party. He was from Greece and so we danced Greek dances all night with him at the front of the line with a handkerchief in his hand! I hope that all who were there will remember your DH's party as vividly as we still remember my grandpa's. That party was almost 50 yrs ago but seems like yesterday. He lived to be almost 100. <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    Options
    Hello folks!

In recovery mode here! I will be doing our exercises today and paying the balance on the December holiday. No much else. :D
    Tomorrow our next oor neighbours are cutting down an enormous lime tree that we like to look out on from our bedroom window. :'( It does make their garden very dark. So LOTS of noise for two days. :sad:
    I expect we will go out. :ohwell:

Gyming calls.

Heather UK
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Total Ten is a Dr. Oz thing. Sensible diet (cutting out the white stuff), activities, taking care of yourself, detox baths, etc. Mind/Body/ Spirit

Katla - It is so difficult for men to deal with feeling. They are so much better with things that can be fixed with a hammer or screwdriver

Lisa - You are so lucky to see that beauty. The monarchs are really something.

Grits - How could anyone not fall in love with Cracker?

Terri - We weren't hugely supportive at first of DS's career choice. Told him more than once to go to school and get a real job. He tried that and it was a disaster. Trust me he didn't take criticism well at the beginning of his career.

Heather - So glad the weekend was a screaming success.. You both look fantastic.

Election up here is over. Change is good but having lived through the P.E.T. days I am sure I don't want a repeat. We can vote out here in the west but what happens in the east always carries our elections. We just don't have the population. I am glad all the bashing is done. I'm sure Justin will do what he thinks best for the country. Let's hope it is.

Made the veggie broth today. Seems like such an effort but glad I am done with it. Made a spaghetti squash casserole. Should have known the DGC wouldn't appreciate it. They ended up with toasted peanut butter and jam. Last minute change of plans so that DD could go with hubby to Calgary. They are driving a new to them car home. DSIL had a trade show to do, so lots of networking . I'm sure DD glammed up nicely. It is their 13th anniversary today, well the 19th.

Had phone calls from work. New manager decided to change days off without telling others. Sheesh! What do I need to do to release this truck? How do I put these new people in the computer for cash? The people are here to fill the generator, what do I need to do? ETC, etc.
    I find sometimes I have to sit in front of my computer to answer their questions.

Had a serious political conversation with DGS. It is amazing the perspective he had on all parties. He is a thinker.

Took DGD to ballet class. She is the youngest in an invitation only competitive class. She is also a favourite of most of the teachers. I had a hard time getting her to leave. My house is now a disaster zone again. There is a reason they call her "Hurricane Keira"

Trying to get my sleep patterns more normal, not succeeding.

-Sharon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    morning all~
    feeling worse than I did yesterday :/ oh well and today is my long day at work 9-6 and the schedule is full..
    have a load of laundry in and will get Tom's dinner and lunch together and take the dogs for a walk before I go..
    tomorrow I dont go in until 1 pm tomorrow.I will not go down to see DFIL until I feel better
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I was thinking of you when our "maid" turned up at 2 pm on the Saturday. DH was very reluctant to hire anyone as he didn't know what they would do! ! ! ! ! :* She was amazing, came in to a totally strange house, (she thought we owned it!) and immediately set about tidying up, washing up, making tea for people returning from a day out. She then went through all the cupboards trying to find a set of 25 matching glasses for the champagne toast and served all that. She helped me set up the cakes and then whisked it away to be perfectly cut up and beautifully wrapped in napkins to give out.
    Just watching her work was a joy! If only we could clone her! She got a good tip. :laugh:
    I was also interested in people's different strengths. My step daughter was able to sort out a baffling seating conundrum, my DSIL was a calming influence and a helpful source of consultation, my son opened wine bottles beautifully, judging the amount needed perfectly, a wife of DH's friend was an amazing greeter, tea maker, tidyer upper and so on. The men needed to be given orders, but were willing grafters and humpers. Only one showed initiative. :laugh:
    Management of people is certainly a very interesting task. Playing to their strengths is vital. I am so grateful to the people who stepped up to the plate and will never forget them. I could compose a great "superteam" of women out of that gathering!

I think I am going to bow to the inevitable and get a new tablet. :'( This one is driving me nuts. Got to find a way of transferring photos and videos. Anyone know how to transfer over from one tablet to another? Same make. Can you do it through bluetooth? Samsung Kies? Whatever that is. :#
    Sorry if I am not replying at the moment. I will get my brain back eventually. It takes me a while to decompress. :bigsmile:

Heather UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Heather - you look aMAYzing, and your husband looks truly over the moon in that photo--so glad you were able to give him such an outstanding memory for his birthday. That's the best gift of all.

On your tablet question, if you can't do it by Bluetooth, you can probably use Dropbox. If you would like to message me an e-mail address here on MFP, I'll send you an invitation. It's cloud-based storage and the first 2 gigabytes are free. You can then get more storage by inviting others... I've got hundreds of high-resolution photos up on it, and have enough space left to keep going for years more. Since yours is only a temporary need, if they're monster huge, you can push up all that will fit, dump then down in the new tablet, delete it all from Dropbox and then do it again. I like it, because I can access it no matter whose computer or tablet or phone I'm using, and even my computer completely crashes, the things that matter to me most are safe.

If anyone else wants to use cloud storage, I'm happy to send an invite. My stuff's been quite secure there for a number of years, and I use it for my virtual business work, as well. You can send a link to anyone to a folder that is shared only with them, so you allow them to see only the files you want them to see. It's where I keep all my tax information, and then just share the folder with my bookkeeper in Montana--and she uses hers to share information with all her clients as well! Once you're set up, it just acts like another folder on your home system.

Management is kind of fascinating, Heather, even in small doses like that. Watching people step up to their strengths is probably the most rewarding part of it, and you get to know people at depths they don't even know themselves.

Warm regards,
    Lisa in West Texas