WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr yoga Cross Train DVD, The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of this 15 minute yoga DVD I have, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Before I leave for the class, I need to take the donations from the church to the soup kitchen. Wish they opened earlier.

Lenora - Cracker sounds like a wonderfully trained dog! I hate to say this, but I am going to wait for Jess to come here to see if she can show me how to put these podcasts on my iPod. I know she knows iTunes. Vince hates iTunes. I know I used to do it, but I think now they've made some sort of upgrade and I have no idea how to do it now

Irish Terri - wonderful spot with wonderful people, what more can you ask for?

DJ - it's not that I won't eat the stuff I make, I do have some. I just really really use portion control. That and give most of it away.

After exercising went to WalMart for a few things. Tomorrow after exercise we have senior bowling. We're going to have mahjongg tomorrow night at my house. This morning I had LOTS of help doing my yoga. Loki kept coming by and then Clyde came. Funsville.

Penny - I so enjoy your pictures. Thanks for posting them

Margaret - how great that you found a church! What is it about this church that attracts you to it?

Vicki - the Y probably does keep their pool cooler for lap swimmers. I'm surprised, tho, if that is the only reason. Swimming lessons bring in money for them, and if the water is too cold for the kids, people won't take their kids there for lessons. The Y I was at previously kept their water cool since they had a swim team. Well, some of the kid's lips would turn blue from the cold. They aren't swimming as vigorously as lap swimmers. I recently went back to that Y and they'd build an additional pool which they keep warmer. Admitted, it isn't olympic sized, but it's large enough for swim lessons and for people with arthritis and other bone/joint problems to use it

Mary from Minnesota - welcome home!!!

Alison - what a sweet thing to do, giving that scarf and knowing that she's wrapped around you.

Sue now in WA - good for you logging!

Lenora - our first cat was used to being outside so we let it be an inside/outside cat. Now I really regret it! He got killed by a car and I really cried hard when it happened.

Sylvia - I'm so sorry for your friend's family. I remember you telling us about him. That was so nice of you to be there

Am going to watch the last episode of Downton Abbey from last season. Tomorrow a.m. I'm picking up a flash drive from a friend of mine who has the first 4 episodes of the new season so I'll copy that and give it back tomorrow night.

barbie - I'm with you, posting from my computer is so much easier. That's one of the reasons I take my laptop with me when we go to Jess'. Welcome back!

Marilyn - welcome!

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Michele- thank you! I am so glad to be home. I am looking forward to getting back to my normal exercise and eating routine. I did not gain any weight and was able to lose 6/10 of a pound. That made me happy.

I am starting the five-day intermittent fasting diet. I saw it on Dr. Oz before I went on vacation. I have researched the information from Dr. Roizen and his study was based on a study by Dr. Valter Longo. Very interesting research data. Amazing health benefits. So much so that my DH is also going to do it with me.

Mary from Minnesota
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Hello Ladies,
    I'm only finished reading through Thursday...I have been away for three days in the White Mountains of NH and there were very intermittent signal there and none at our B&B. I went w my SIL Becky who has been my BF for thirty years. I did get on long enough to log in all my food. Even tho I went over each day I owned it. Idk if this happens BC I am away from the home pot or bc of lengthy car rides or both but I usually get very bound up on trips. I also used salt fairly liberally for three days soooo I am going to weigh in in the am but won't panic. I'll get a more accurate read in a few days I think. Anyway we had a blast! We went up the COG railroad that goes up MT. Washington..it's super steep and the summit is known for the recorded worst weather in the world. Part way up a storm fell and they made us turn around. It was eerie and thrilling at the same time. Then we had a short steep hike that I had to bail on bc of my COPD. I try not to be to discouraged when I can't make a go of a plan. Then we had massages at moon dance massage and it was really good. Today we hiked up a much lower incline to Diana's Baths..a series of waterfalls interspersed w granite pools formed by them. Will try and post pics later this week. Got to cross a few covered bridges too. I'm sorry I'm too tired to do justice to the trip. I missed you girls while I was away. Sylvia way to go with GD. Carol whew! Will try to catch up more tomorrow.
    Gnite all
    Mindy from Boston

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, so sorry about your friend passing. So glad you were able to be there for the family. That's what it is all about. Glad you could have some love with the DGDs though.

Allison, so nice your friends family thought of you and wrapped you up in her scarf. It was such a nice idea to put her things out on a table and let anyone take what they thought was precious to them.

Lazy, boring evening after the kids left. When my girls were young, we all had our periods at the same time. Poor Charlie, that's why he always liked male dogs. Now Christina and her daughter do. They were in it this weekend and it was a hard one for both of them. Christina really has some bad periods at times. When she was in school she often had to come home. My poor Dad, he was sometimes the only one who could drive that could go pick her up. When she goes to work, she would take 2 extra outfits and towels to wet and clean her chair. That's when she had this surgery to do something to her uterus and they poked a hole in the uterus instead. So now she is on a pill that is about $4/month and it usually works pretty good. So why did they do surgery and not even offer that pill first. Now she knows that you always ask more questions when Dr suggesting surgery. Oh, the surgeon dropped her fee because of the incident. She still has all the hospital bills though.

Well, that was TMI!!!!! I guess that info was jsut free. Nite, nite. Count your blessings everyone. Tomorrow they may not be there, Joyce, Indiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I think we all find the saga of the "Impossible Restaurant" mesmerizing. I think you are well out of there though.

Mia- Great NSV having someone notice all your hard work. You make a great Minnie Mouse.

Terri - It took our son years to get to this point in his career. He did suffer some cross addictions that set him back badly. He was persistent in working towards the goal he had from the time he was 9 or 10. A terrible internship, many courses in all kinds of art disciplines, much moving around and learning to take criticism and learn from it. He is successful but he will be 40 next year so tell your daughter to have hope, hold her head high and follow her dream.

Carol - Sounds like your niece is acting like a brat. Your Mom's vehicle = it's her decision.

Betty - the fall colours are spectacular.

Mary - Thanks for holding up that big rock, Wonder Woman!
    Which badlands were you at? You will have to come to Alberta and see ours at Drumheller. The hoodoos are amazing.

Irish Terri - Glad your Spanish holiday is turning out well.

Grits - I get myself into some pretty *kitten* - a- maimy positions and the getting up part is neither easy nor elegant.

Karen - Nice NSV but only you will know what is right for you.

Sylvia - I am so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. These things are never easy.

Went off to Calgary with DD for an overnight trip after she was done her face painting gig. She wanted to go without kids or dog. Mission accomplished. We went to my niece's and her boyfriend's. Visited for a while then out for supper at a Greek restaurant, the Broken Plate. Good service, excellent food and stimulating conversation. Back to my niece's where we had sporadic conversation as we vegged in front of the TV. Met their new dog, Miss Luna. She is a rescue dog , a cute little Yorkie mix. Actually, she is so scruffy that she is cute.
    This AM we met up with DS for breakfast before he went off tattooing, The restaurant was cute, the waitress was a hoot, and the food was fantastic. I had a blueberry, basil and goat cheese stuffed french toast. Sounds like a strange combination but mmmm.......delicious! We had a good visit and I wished him an early happy birthday.
    Off to the hobby shop to find DD some face painting supplies. She usually orders off the net but so nice to actually see the product.
    DSIL wanted to go to Cabela's grand opening. We went to nearby mall and were very disappointed. Over half the stores were empty.
    Stopped at DD's friend to see her condo. It is a fixer upper. Also met Milo, the Great Dane, who showered us with great amounts of slobber and Benny, the mastiff/lab mix. Benny has some major behaviour problems. She is going to have her hands full for the next few months. They both took a great liking to me.
    Tomorrow I am hoping to make the Veggie Broth and get back to the Total Ten.
    This was a lovely weekend and so glad I did it.
    -Sharon in sunny Lethbridge.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    Sylvia~ so very sorry to hear about your friend,,,, I know life is so precious....
    Joyce~I to went through what Christina has, I got the pills first, then the ablation and finally the hysterectomy,,,
    after the hysterectomy I finally found relief .
    slept real well.. and today will go check out Portland Care and rehab,,,,
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    well, everyone at the nursing home is fighting a cold, and think DFIL has one also.. so guess who catches it? :s
    just a stuffy head, but feeling totally exsausted,
    dont have to work until 12:30 so think I will lay low, and sleep a little longer.. then maybe stop down at the other nursing home and speak with them.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Lisa I love your new character for your book - yep definite sobbing and rock dropping!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Cracker usually stays in her bed a lot; sleeps a lot, especially if she has been playing hard. We're trying to keep he from jumping and running since her spaying scar/stitches have not been taken out yet; she was wound up yesterday when all the kids, their parents, and dogs came down. Everybody other than DDnL had seen Cracker already. Had to laugh that she is able to run off each of them. The lab is more likely to stand her ground and show her teeth; but, Cracker ignores this and then comes back to either Louis or me. Yesterday evening our cat sort off stayed at the door and when we came out, he did not run like he had been. I think he is getting use to the idea that Cracker is not going anywhere and he's got to become friends with her. Cracker, being a puppy chases anything that will move; but, she is calming down a little around the cat.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,091 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sylvia so sorry about your friend.

Michele great job on being consistent with exercise.

This churches choir sings twice a month and they need sopranos. The off weeks I can go to my other church. I have many ties to my other church. I just need a different choir to sing with.

Sharon I missed something what is Total Ten.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
    morning peeps - welcome to the new peeps, sorry to hear about the loss of friendly peeps, my heart goes out to you.

pip in Tacoma WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    welcome.gif Marilyn, I hope you will keep coming back. We all remember day one and wish you the best. Check in every day and join in the conversation.

Michele, all our cats were inside/outside cats and we lost several to cars and predators. When we moved to our current neighborhood, we decided to make Bernie an inside cat. We bought him a fancy cat condo and provided a lot of time for him and window sills to lie on to look out and we all seem happy with the arrangement.

Mary, the Isagenix program I used to lose weight included a weekly cleanse day which was a very low calorie day and it worked wonders for us. Let us know how your intermittent fast program goes.

Mindy, your trip sounds great...glad you are back

GRITS, your Cracker sounds like a perfect addition to your family.

Lisa
    , we ate in four different restaurants over the weekend and they all made me think of you....I paid extra attention to the service after hearing your wonderful saga.

I'm going to see the chiropractor today and see what more he can tell me about the pain I'm having when I walk. I can deal with waiting for things to get better but if I should be looking into treatment beyond chiropractic, I'd like to know that, too.

However, before seeing the chiropractor---first things first--- we'll go pick up the pets from boarding.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington t120006.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: Congratulations on finding a new church to sing in. I hope it turns out to feel like the right place for you. :heart:

Alison: You seem to have a magic touch with DFIL. He is lucky you are in his life, and so is the nursing home. :wink: :flowerforyou:

Sue in WA: Congrats on getting your food logged this weekend. I do all my logging on my phone, which helps me stay on top of things. I pretty much always have it with me. Your new riding trails sound like they are going to be heavenly. :bigsmile:

Becca: I love the birthday suit cartoon. The comedy night sounds wonderful. What a nice treat that the performer was an old friend. :smile:

umauma: You're not alone anymore. Stop by often for moral support, laughter, and good advice. :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. :broken_heart::heart:

Janet: My DH hasn't called our daughter & I've complained to him about it. He is trying to figure out just what to say. :ohwell:

Marilyn in WA: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Stop by often. :flowerforyou:

We have a busy week ahead. DSIL is coming for a visit and we're having some windows replaced on the exact days she will be here. Since DSIL travels in an RV we may all be hanging out there to stay warm and out of the way. They're replacing 10 foot wall sized windows upstairs and 12 foot wall sized windows downstairs, plus a small window in the garage and double doors from the dining room to the deck. The weather forecast is for a slight chance of showers both days. They'll do the upstairs windows one day and the downstairs windows the next. It should be interesting. :laugh:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

October Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Butterfly break! If this is a double post, sorry... MFP is acting weird this morning...

Hugs for Sylvia, I'm so sorry...
    Smiles for Allie, your posts lifted my heart this morning.
    Welcome to those who are new...

The skies were just full of them!

mi7v6bfuy0xb.jpg

The colors were just astounding...

yx0p61ke199v.jpg

Did my heart good...

ku5oiykq7yi5.jpg

Lisa in West Texas
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Being home feels great. Although I slept in this morning. I must've been really tired from all the driving. Today I am going to get back to my weightlifting. I did kettle bell swings's while I was gone every day. I think that really helped keep me in decent shape. It is really good to be home.

Joyce-we were in South Dakota. It would be nice to go up to Alberta and see your Badlands. It's amazing what land formations are out there.

Barbie- I will let you know how it goes on this five-day fast. Supposedly it might get a little crabby LOL

Lisa - thanks for sharing the pictures of the colors the monarchs are beautiful!

Kayla - you have quite the project to deal with. Enjoy your company.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Lisa- thanks for sharing the photos of the butterflies.

Sylvia- Hugs to you, sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Brenda from Maryland
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    barbiecat - Cracker really is the perfect addition to our family. Such a well-behaved puppy, too. Already house-trained (the only accidents she had was the first day at home). Her name fits her better than "Missy" which was the name the Animal Shelter had given her. They always 'name' the animals brought in. Her names chosen because of her coloring. She's predominantly white, with a light peanut butter stripe down her backside, I don't know if she will have short hair mostly with maybe only a few that are long; right now she has a 'few' long hairs; but mostly on her tail and some around her face. I doubt that she was clipped at the shelter without them telling me. She's just young. Had a ball playing with DOS's lab and Boston Bull Terrier; but, got so excited that she was a little wound up last night. She is just a ball of entertainment for sure. o:)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    lhannon072709 - beautiful butterflies; I am sure it is a real sight to see that many in one spot!
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ! ! !

Barbie – so lucky of you; a fireplace. I am envious !

Sweets1959 - Good luck with water aerobics, and finding something new that you enjoy. I’m so proud of you for your efforts. Keep it going !

Sylvia – I’m envious of your hand-holding. My DH will hold my hand if I grab his, but would never attempt it on his own. Oh, how romantic !

Becca – Hugs for your tough weekend.

I’m not even ½ way through to page 34, and I’m leaving for lunch soon, so I’ll get this posted and try to catch up a little more this afternoon.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    I've got my pictures from my smart phone loaded onto my laptop; but, does anybody know how I can get the one of my "Cracker" posted here? So far it doesn't seem to let me do anything with it,