pipcd34 Posts: 16,719 Member
    Options
    thinking of you and yours fanncy
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Phyl in Cincy -
    phyllis115 wrote: »
    Hi girls. Just checking in. It's hard to admit it but now I'm having trouble eating enough calories. I'm not going to obsess about it. I think I just need to plan my meals better. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Just keep on tracking. Try planning for an entire day the night before, or first thing in the morning. As others have mentioned, don’t worry too much unless/until you see a steady pattern in your logs. Most of us will under eat one day but over eat another. As long as it balances out over the week no worries. If you have a steady pattern of either over or under eating then you need to make adjustments.

Becca -
    Annr wrote: »
    Sylvia, Your bowl making is mauuvalous! Men look at life with dollar signs for eye-balls I swear! You look at life with your heart! Keep doing what you are doing, and we will always love ya!

I found myself nodding my head in agreement with you many times as I read your various posts this morning. I just decided to add some commentary when I saw this one. I think there may be something to what you are saying here because my DH is somewhat bewildered by the number of times I offer a piece of my work to sell at a charity event. He’s never quite told me not to do it, but I can tell he doesn’t quite understand my impulse to do so.

Kim from N. California -
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Oh my…. I know we all have only 24 hours in a day, but I am sure my 24 go faster than everyone else’s… I think of you all, wish for you each day, and finally fall into bed again missing you.

LOL! I thought I was the only one who lived in an alternate universe bubble where I get a 14 hour day while the rest of the world gets 24 hours.

Janetr OKC
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Neighbors came over last night and insisted Jack drive their extra vehicle to MO next week so I won't be without a car.

What lovely neighbors.

GRITS – I know you’ve shared some of your story about the doctor who mistreated you before, but I continue to find myself shocked at the enormity of what she did. I’m so glad you stood up for yourself and reported her. For many years now I have been telling friends who go into the hospital to be sure to have a patient advocate who will track what the doctors are doing/saying and to ensure the doctors know you have someone on your side checking medications and instructions when you might be a bit out of things due to those very same medications. Your story does nothing to make me change my mind about my stance. Not that I even thought for a second that was your intention.

Gloria
    Thanks to everyone who has passed on information about contacting someone to advocate for me. I was thinking along the same line and we do have a Renters Rights group here in WA. Spent a lot of the day on the computer looking at rentals close to where I am and not so close. If I'm going to move I want to be happy with where I go so am also looking out of state.

Adding my good wishes to everyone else that you will find the “just right” home for you and your family. Glad to see you are making sure you are/will be treated fairly by your current landlord.

Sylvia -
    Heather, it was interesting that you suggested looking at why I would rather give stuff away than sell it. I suppose part of it is low self worth - that I feel like the stuff I make has no value. (My own father once referred to my pottery as junk.) And I'm a thwarted perfectionist and after I finish a piece I can ALWAYS find something about it that isn't perfect. So, I normally feel like a thief taking money for something I made. (Yes, I know that the imperfections are what makes it "hand made", but my brain doesn't quite accept it.) And I'm a people pleaser, so I like making people happy by giving them things. When I allow myself to fanticize, I think about winning the lottery and secretly giving away money. I have always wished there was a job for me where all I did was give money to people who need it. Plus, in the case of the Empty Bowls events, I feel obligated to donate more bowls than the friends that I've coerced into donating. If they donate ten, then I must donate 50. Somehow I feel like the whole event depends on me (boy, doesn't THAT sound self absorbed!). I'm sure there is more lurking deep in my subconscious, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I found this response to Heather interesting. Much of what you say resonates deep inside of me – not seeing value in what I make, wanting to make people happy by giving, wanting to give more than I persuade others to give and so on. Oy! You have given me something to think about.

Interesting to read about other people’s experiences with the “childhood” diseases. I never got the measles or mumps. Only Chicken Pox. Wouldn’t you know it would be the one that keeps on giving in the form of shingles years later.

===

Terri- chicken pox… I am the oldest by many a year… and my siblings were in elementary school, I was a junior in high school… and they shared! Chicken Pox, German Measles and regular 2 week measles all in one year…. I did not fit in very well in High school any way but having all 3 of the “baby kid” sickness-es in one year did in any reputation I had.

Mia in MI

October goals:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Weigh and measure all food that I prepare at home
    Get at least 15 min per day of aerobic exercise
    64 oz. water (or what counts as water for my program) daily

Word for the month - PERSEVERE
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Pip - Woozers . You don't look like the same person. You go girl. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Mary - That's wonderful news that they are able to move to a safer area. Will continue to pray for their safety. Read now they will keep them in the convention center. Praying the storm strays enough to keep all safe. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    thanks janetr and others. actually, I just look the way I used too before I lost my #3 hubby
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I just received another phone call from DDnL. She wanted me to let everyone know that they were told that the hurricane is going to hit south of them. They do not expect higher than 70 mph wind. They expect the storm to last no more than three hours. DDnL will contact me as soon as she can.

Thanks for your support!

Mary from Minnesota
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota - Thoughts and prayers for the safety of your family. Will be watching to see what the outcome is.

Mia - I saw two tables of "red hat" ladies having the time of their lives at the restaurant the other night. They made me think of you!

Gloria - Hoping you soon find a new and better place for your family to stay.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    GREAT NEWS FANNCY!!
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I've been keeping up with the reading, but haven't really posted during the past week.

Mary - I hope all of the news you receive is good!

Update on the accident saga: The woman who hit my son doesn't have insurance so my uninsured motorists clause has gone into effect. I picked up a rental car today and the adjuster agreed that the truck was a total loss. They will work up a settlement amount for replacing the truck and take care of his medical bills. Andrew is coming home on the train tonight and can take my car back to school with him until we can find a new vehicle for him. Feeling much better about the situation!! I believe he will end up seeing an orthopedist because his back is still bothering him a lot. He can decide if he wants to see one he's seen before or go by himself in Charlotte.

In other news, I saw a new physical therapist on Monday and I think she did some damage. My primary therapist changed most of my exercises back to what they were before.

And, in the news for your laughing pleasure, I have a date tomorrow night. I finally broke down and joined an online dating site. We'll see how it goes. I'm not expecting anything so it should be okay

I'll pay my progress pictures for you the next time I'm on my computer. I don't know how to do it from my phone.

Well, Spot is clawing the paint off of my front door asking to be let in, so I will oblige her.

All of you are in my thoughts daily!!

Carol in NC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I just received another phone call from DDnL. She wanted me to let everyone know that they were told that the hurricane is going to hit south of them. They do not expect higher than 70 mph wind. They expect the storm to last no more than three hours. DDnL will contact me as soon as she can.

Thanks for your support!

Mary from Minnesota

Thank the good Lord.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Mia - yes they are terrific, he and Jack have been best friends for years.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Went and got my hair cut today. It is really short but last time she thinned it and I had lots of short little hairs sticking straight up so she had to cut it to match those. Oh well I am glad it grows.

Gloria - Hope you find the perfect place for your family soon.

Mary - Hope your family stays safe.

healing thoughts for those recovering from surgery. Keep up the good work girls.

DD and I installed an LED shop light in our barn last evening. Wow! What a difference. We can actually see what we are doing when we go out to feed in the evening now that it gets dark so early.

I went for a walk yesterday down to the end of deadend road we live on. Lovely walk with the fall leaves.

Take care everyone. Sue in WA
  • Franky489
    Franky489 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hello to all I am trying to get in the habit of logging in and posting for support. I have been a yoyo dieter most of my adult life....I have lost as much as 50 lbs and kept it off for almost 2 years...Then *SPIT* happened...threw me for a loop and here I am again trying to get healthy. I have been on numerous diet sites but I think I may have found one I can relate to. Since joining MFP (3 wks ago) I have lost 10 lbs. I want to lose another 60 to be at my goal of 130 lbs. I am so tired of being unhealthy! There is absolutely no reason for me to be unhealthy. I am hoping to get support from all of you. I will in turn, try my best to support all of you!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Franky489 wrote: »
    Hello to all I am trying to get in the habit of logging in and posting for support. I have been a yoyo dieter most of my adult life....I have lost as much as 50 lbs and kept it off for almost 2 years...Then *SPIT* happened...threw me for a loop and here I am again trying to get healthy. I have been on numerous diet sites but I think I may have found one I can relate to. Since joining MFP (3 wks ago) I have lost 10 lbs. I want to lose another 60 to be at my goal of 130 lbs. I am so tired of being unhealthy! There is absolutely no reason for me to be unhealthy. I am hoping to get support from all of you. I will in turn, try my best to support all of you!

welcome.gifFranky, you have come to the right place. I hope you will come back to this thread every day and read the posts and respond with questions, comments, or some info about yourself.....also log your food every day and seek every opportunity to be healthy....stay open minded to new ideas and you will get the results you seek.

:) Barbie
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello -- and Hi Franky. I just started yesterday so we are both newbies.
    Day 2 - 60 minutes on the elliptical (I had to really push myself to do it after dinner because I procrastinated all day)
    Tracked all my food and stayed on track (1500 cal).
    I'd be happy to lose 10 lbs start. I just want to see the scale move. Overall would like to drop 20-30.

I put in 60 min elliptical under exercise and it said 820 calories--- I wish! Logged moderate walking instead. I don't plan on eating the exercise calories, but it's nice to see.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    20,000 steps
    171 minutes of dog walking
    77 minutes riding the exercise bike
    90 second plank
    taught the two hour line dance class
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Irish Terri, I love that: “a celebration of life”. That is the way it should be. Even in time of trouble and toile, I feel like I have been so blessed. I would like a big, fun party for me when I go.

Sylvia, I love the pinched rim bowls too. I’m surprised they aren’t good sellers. Some people just don’t have the great taste that we do, I guess. Hee hee Ok, my friend, I’m watching as you slowly climb back on this horse. When you have a constant headache it’s probably a little harder to eat right. Thankfully I very rarely get a headache.

Heather, your sauce sounds delish! And your shopping sounds like fun. How cool to have all those specialty shops!

Patsy, good luck with car shopping. It can be fun but for me, quickly turn frustrating. Lol I love my SUV because it is just the right height for me. DH has one that is harder for me to get it. If a car is low, it seems worse on my low back than stretching up to get in a high vehicle. With a really low car, my problem is getting out, even after losing weight. smiley-sad056.gif

Gayle, so sorry your best friend is moving out of state. That can be so sad. It is very easy to stay in touch these days but that’s not the same if it is someone that you see often and do things with. ((((Hugs))))

Gloria, beautiful kitties. (Yes, I know they are cats.) So fluffy ya just want to reach out and touch them. Sorry one is gone.

Barbie, I absolutely love your before and after pics. You are all so motivating and encouraging and I’m just ready to start the scale moving again.

Sylvia, Molly may not look so comfy but she is absolutely beautiful!

Kim, welcome. This is a great place for motivation and great information. Come often and join right in.

Phyl, planning is definitely the answer. When you pre log your meals if you are under your calories, it’s so easy to add a snack during the day. Heck, a few nuts can bump ya right up. Keep up the good work. It’s okay to be a little over or under once in a while but not all the time.

MicheleNC, I’m going to make the pumpkin cake to take to the Moose club for the Founder’s Day celebration tomorrow. If they don’t turn out good, I just won’t tell anyone I made them. LOL I think I’ll use the mini muffin tins.

Mary, while you have been fasting for this 5 days, what have you had to eat and how many calories?

Mary, will definitely pray for your DS and everyone in Puerto Vallarta with the storm approaching. It is a huge one!

Sharon, glad you are feeling better. You must have needed the rest.

Gloria, I have a ton of hanging skin on lower belly. It’s pretty gross and makes clothes not fit as well as they otherwise would. I’ll take it over being fat, but sure wish it weren’t there. My BF has a 10 yr old grandson that is very disrespectful and rude and often just gets out of hand. He will throw things and the other day, kicked in one of the cabinet doors in the kitchen. He is on medication which helps but just doesn’t like to be told no and doesn’t get much discipline. It’s really sad.

Allison, so sorry you are getting sick. It’s good that you slept well last night as that has to help. Get better soon. ((((Hugs))))

Lillian, have a grand time at your scrapbooking retreat. It sounds like that is just what you need to detox from work.

Katla, if you paint the upstairs window trim, do be careful. There are some things that I hire others to do for me, now that I am getting a little age on me.

Margaret, glad you are keeping site on why you sing in the choir. Do try not to let the actions of others take away from your joy of singing.

Pip, love the pictures. You are an inspiration, for sure and in so many ways.

Terri, your donations may not save the world, but they do make a difference and I think it’s wonderful!! Glad to hear your DH is thinking or at least talking about the possibility of taking metformin. It’s such a simple thing that can do so much. Hey, don’t you be showin’ me pictures of something like that apple pie!!!! Oh yum.

Heather, good for you on finishing your taxes. Gosh, once we give you the slightest nudge you are off to the races!! Hope all goes well with the new tablet.

Carol, so happy to hear you have a date. It’s probably good not to expect anything but just getting out is a good move. I hope it’s a pleasant experience!!!

Franky, welcome. It sounds like you are off to a great start. The thing about MFP for me is I don’t consider it a diet but a lifelong lifestyle change. I never thought I would be able to lose 60 pounds but I have done it and plan to keep it off. This is a wonderful group of ladies for support and fantastic information. Come often and log everything that goes in your mouth.

Kimses, welcome to you as well. Please tell us a little about yourself and hopefully both of you will sign each post with the name you want to be called. Glad to have you with us.
    welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

My miniature poodle, Max had surgery yesterday. Poodles have terrible teeth and gums and have to have their teeth cleaned often. He had a cyst on his chest which was cut at the groomer two weeks ago. He had his teeth cleaned and the cyst removed while he was put to sleep. In cleaning his teeth, they extracted 9 of his teeth. *Poor Baby*. Every time they clean his teeth some come out. We aren’t sure how many he has left. He seems fine but we put him in a kennel to sleep last night as he has been spitting up blood and we don’t want it all over the bed or the carpet. It breaks my heart when they have something like this. He seems fine today.

I did baked cupcakes with the pumpkin and cake mix. They are good and so moist. I’m not sure what they are serving at the Moose club tomorrow. I’ll just save plenty of calories.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    miakoda40 - I'll never stay overnight at this particular hospital without someone staying with me; if it is my medication whacked out (and that is usually what brings my episodes on) my husband will drive me the 2 hours to get to my Psychiatrist that I see now. I've stayed there overnight in the regular portion of the hospital and my BF stayed with me until they ran her out; and came the next 2 days to spend the day with me. They really did not 'like' it much; and I ask them 'what they are giving me and why'. I have a list of the medications I take in my purse, along with all my allergies. I don't trust too many MDs. I trust the one that is my GP, GYN, Psychiatrist, and Neurologist. And I won't see any MD that one of these 4 have not referred me to. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to prove one's point. This particular MD had my discharge summary and a 1/2 list of medications I was taking dictated and transcribed a full day and a half before I was transferred. She even said that I was taking 'insulin' (when I had not been taking it prior to my hospitalization and after my kidneys were flushed. The first night they came with a shot in their hands and I asked what it was and finally got told it was insulin. I told the nurse that I was not a diabetic. She asked if I was refusing it; and I asked what part of "I'm NOT a diabetic" was she having a problem with. Never got it again. I think she was trying to 'kill' me to tell you the truth. LOL!
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    <3