WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Mary You are a lucky girl. DH is definitely a sterling chap! Enjoy your birthday weekend and tell us all about it when you return. Great pictures too.
    bday.gif to both you and
    Janetr Such a pity that DH will not make it home for your birthday! At least you will have some company with your niece.

Kimses Great costume! I don't know who Paula Dean is but I'm sure you must look like her!

Heather Enjoy your get-to-gether in London. What a nice thing to do for DH. I'm sure he appreciated it! Your DGCs are adorable!

DJ I am so sorry that you are having trouble with that knee. Take it easy and let it ease a bit. Have you tried ice on it?

Michelle I am in awe of your exercising routine. You have such a variety of things you do.

Grits I often thought I would have loved to do that! We had a couple of local brats that would have benefited from a good scare. I love my Fitbit Flex. It was a present, so not sure what it cost.

Joyce Weigh the whole lot and divide by no of servings or dish it out into the no of servings and weigh one of them.

Clearing up today after the family visit. I decided to give the visit to Belfast for the fireworks a miss last night as we had had a busy day and had been out walking in the Town Park. I wasn't in the mood for all the crowds. Stayed home and watched Strictly Come Dancing and Dr Who instead.

smiley-happy110.gif

:heart: (((Hugs))) and prayers for those who need them. :heart:

:star: Welcome to our Newbies! You will find a warm support team here! :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

:heart: May peace and joy shine on your day! :heart:

smiley-happy110.gif

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when it comes to your own land; you can do pretty much what you want in the way of getting others to stop coming on to it. I'm surprised they were so brazen as to put up a posted signed on the stand that belonged to our neighbor, inside his property line and use his feeder as well. I did not back down even when the man said his grandson was in a wheelchair - they have access to the land and might have to push him a little further; but, not through our land. We pay taxes on that land, they don't. DOS said that a couple of weeks ago, he was in a stand, not far from this 'road' (easement) and they came in making all sorts of noise and that is when he decided that he and his Dad needed to do something more proactive to keep them off of it. Actually, part of it belongs to our neighbor and he was agreeable to it being blocked because he had had to run them off his property for poaching.

Hi all to the 'newbies'. Thanksgiving for the USA is coming up on the 4th Thursday of November. Got to start cleaning my house up. UGH! A lot of things will go out into my studio to get it out of the house. I've cleaned off my bookshelf (dusted it and put things back it their place); vacuumed the blinds in the living room and dining room, will do the rest of them today. Cracker does NOT like the vacuum cleaner and she is not about to go outside in the rain either! So she got crated until it stopped raining, and she went right off the bat when that occurred.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies....time to move to the November thread.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10277114/women-ages-50-for-november-2015#latest
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Margaretturk - get all his hospital records and report her to your Composite State Board of Medical Examiners; that is the best way to 'rid' a place of a 'bad' MD. If they won't allow you to see a different MD then; make sure you have the story written down with dates and what the pharmacist said. Get notarized statements when possible. Other MDs are not going to turn in another MD, no more than an attorney will turn in another lawyer for making stupid mistakes. A bad attorney might make you lose money; but a bad doctor can take your life. You have every right to get all the medical records from this place and take them to any other MD that you choose. Even 'if' you have to go to another town to do so. I travel 200+/- miles to go to a particular MD, won't go to one associated with our city hospital. Contract MDs don't worry about medical malpractice or medical malfeasance because the hospital pays for it. Having stories from others who have seen him decline will also help. I'd also consider talking to an attorney to find out what he/she has to say about the situation. Don't know what he had, other than the flu; but misdiagnosing is something that the CSMBME don't look very highly on and if the Pharmacist says that the Rx was too strong for him to take; that also would help you out. Good luck. MDs are 'not' Gods, they just have a 'god-complex'. I have learned to 'ask' questions about the how's, why's, and what fore's a well.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    ... and if there are multiple MDs in a group, they won't allow you to change MDs inside the group. Your DH is 'her' patient and no other MD in that group is going to admit that she has done anything wrong. Change MDs outside the practice - surely you can find one; and let him/her look over the records as well. His/her attitude will probably help you if you take her before the CSMBME for misdiagnosing your husband and giving him a Rx that was 10x the normal amount. When I worked for an attorney, and when they wrote out orders by hand; I read the medical records and found out they had put the decimal point in the wrong place ... should have been .25mg instead of 2.5mg (which was akin to putting a shotgun to his head) - either way - he was still dead. It took me increasing the size of the block it was put in to convince my boss that it was previously ordered at .25mg and then one day (the day the patient died) it was 2.5mg. He about 'kissed me on the spot'. This was against the VA (a Federal case) wherein you had to 'prove' your case to the Federal Court system before you could file suit against another Federal entity. Not so, in Superior Court; you just have to proved negligence on the part of the MD.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I went through about 250 little candy bars, 80 rice crispy treats, 48 pencils and two big bags of balloons last night. It was so much fun! I only have a small amount left, so hopefully hubby won't make himself sick on it.

Im getting ready to go up to the studio and unload the kiln. I always dread it because I'm almost always disappointed. Too much of a perfectionist, I guess. Then I have to go grocery shopping. Tomorrow is hubby's birthday and I'm making his favorite (meat loaf) and scalloped potatoes. I asked him what kind of cake he wants, thinking he would choose angel food, but he said the chocolate cake I made for Jillian's birthday was awfully good, so it looks like that is what I'll make. My son and the kids are coming about 6:00.

The time change has confused my canine alarm clock. He started trying to get me up about 4:30. About 5:45 he just wouldn't take no for an answer. Anybody know how to reset that kind of clock?

Here's a candy related cartoon, in honor of leftover Halloween candy:

po9brn23fhoo.jpeg
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC - the first thing I thought of when you said you couldn't wedding dress shop with your daughter is to arrange a time with her when she is dress shopping and have her send you pictures so you can see her in the dresses she tries on and make comments. If she takes a friend with her they can send you the picture and you can text her on your phone . Not the same as in person, but it could be a substitute solution.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »

• mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ok Accountability Day. Progress not Perfection.

OCTOBER GOALS:
    Lose 6 pounds.....lost five, I'll take it.
    Find yoga class and attend once a week....all talk and no action...researched a few places and realized I'd be paying the same amount for a once per week drop in as a full membership to a local elite Y...found financial aid form but have yet to fill it out..lengthy with proof of income etc
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oops continuing on..
    Take dog for a short walk EVERY day...failed badly..just to tired still on days I work but on the other nineteen days of the month I took them ten times.

Take 5000 steps daily...progress but did not meet goal. Made it to 5000 7 times 4000s 10 times. Weekly totals increased from 17800 to. 29600 tho.

Develop15 minute core strength regimen and do 3x per week. Absolute zero. Only core work I did was learning that when my back is killing at the register if I remember to tighten my paunch and straighten up it relieves the pressure.

Stop drinking coffee after ten pm. Complete success if you consider switching to decaf acceptable.
    Also switched to fancy water processed decaf from Whole Foods to reduce chem exposure.

Finally...face my financial difficulties... Put away my credit cards but not till mid month. Made me much more mindful of my grocery shopping. Making a doable budget..done...as long as my SSDI isn't cancelled BC of working PT at WF. More on that later..keep track of all spending....done. Resume Ebaying....still procrastinating and REALLY need to make this a priority as Christmas season is Prime time spending.

Ok. Thanks girls.. Off to work where I will ponder Novembers Goals.
    Thanks barbie for redoing the thread.
    Mindy from Boston
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    DamitJanit wrote: »

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with my bowls. There are only about 6 that are not useable. One, the painted flower, won't go to the food bank because that is hubby's favorite. The ones that are mostly white with light blue streaks will have decals added and then they will be refired, along with all the others that will get a decal on the bottom with my name and logo. The pinched rim bowls will remain pure white.

Sorry the pics are so big.

xbyntzq9ism2.jpeg
    sg2u3847u11k.jpeg
    40x3f3snf1hu.jpeg
    wzb1ezjlx82k.jpeg
    a51y0th1smcu.jpeg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, gorgeous. How talented you are. Thanks for sharing.
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Really nice bowls. I love the oriental looking black and white ones.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Margaret - Beautiful bowls; and such a loving contribution to a good cause! <3 I like all of them, for different reasons. Today is my DH's birthday. Boy was he ever grumpy this AM (couldn't find his keys) ... if they are not right next to his phone and other stuff that goes in his wallet - I have moved them. Found them exactly where they were supposed to be - on the Hoosier cabinet - just not next to his cellphone and wallet. Under a piece or two of paper. We went out to eat last night so maybe we won't have to do it again. Ate way too much! I had eaten at lunch time and went way over my daily 'caloric intake'. Oh well. Tomorrow is weigh-in day. I doubt that I have lost any; but, the jeans I put on today were baggy

Mindy - your SSDI should not be cancelled because of you working; but, that would depend on how much money and how long you work. I'd check with the SSAdmin Office nearest you. They realize that what one gets for disability payments isn't expected to be what they live on. I got different answers, and since I am an 'artist' and DH is a house painter - when I sell something they make the check out to him or pay cash. I've been told that I could not make more than a certain amount; been told I could not work a 'full-time' position; told I could only work a few months a year. I don't think they know; but, when I got my SSD it was about 75% of what I made every two weeks; so it was a HUGE drop in income for us. Thankfully, others in the District donated their leave time (vacation and sick) to a pot where I could draw from it. That allowed me to be 'vested' so I also get a retirement check. Still . . . I'd find it difficult to live on my own. I 'froze' all my credit cards (did not cancel them as that would affect my credit score).

Had my gums cut back because of Dilantin I take. UGH! Took a pain pill at 2:30 - can't take any Tylenol because it is in the pain meds. Ice pack to cheek. Soft food for a while. YUCK! Going to lunch with BF, so I might have a shake. Nothing wrong with ice cream for lunch.

Cracker will go outside 'if' it is not raining; she can handle to mist, but any heavier she just has to 'hold' it. Today I put her in her crate while I went to the dentist, grocery store, K-Mart, and pet store after going to vet. When I got home she had turned the crate at a 90 degree angle from where it normally sits. She must have pitched a real one for it to do that. So happy to see me and get outside (even in the mist). Miss the tornado warning we had while I was gone - thankfully - and came back to a house still standing.
  • kimses2
    Options
    Good morning. For today my goal was to figure out how to do animated gifs. And...here you go!

funny_animated_picture_221.gif?w=700&h=

My real goal is to do the elliptical for an hour before my 9 am meeting. And to plan out the food for the day.

See you tonight.
    Kimses in MA

• kimses2
    Options
    Sorry...now you have to be distracted by that while on this page.
  • kimses2
    Options
    and I was in the wrong month....I should just go back to bed.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    OMGoodness ... just watching it means I must have gotten my exercise in for the day. Whew! Breaking a sweat! Cracker threw another fit today when I left ... crate almost sideways; but, she did not have any accidents and she got 2 new toys to play with. I did not know that TJ Maxx carried stuff for pets (cheaper, too). Got a basket to put her toys in as well; but, I don't think she knows she can step over the side to get to them. I might bring in a smaller basket or I have a dish that I could put beside her and throw them in. Receptionist at the MD's office says they have Terrier mix w/JRT who is smart and knows what they are talking about. She'll go get a specific toy they have told her to go get and will take it back to the basket as well. Now that I have seen a picture of her Jack-Rat; I am thinking that is what Cracker is, too. She's got the body of a Rat Terrier; but more of the face of a JRT (and she has a broken coat). Long hairs mixed in with her short hair. She's been checking out her toys. Now she is resting.

I did not lose any weight according to the scale; but, I had lost 5lbs of fat; and it shows up in my torso, legs, and arms. I think that made the MD happier than it did me; but, I can tell that some of the jeans I have been wearing are not loose of me. I guess my favorite pair needs to go to the tailor. My belly has gotten smaller, too . . . just not flat (that is what I am working towards). Got to do my treadmill exercise. YUK!!!!!

Oh well, might as well go ahead and get to it!