Cold

Options

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm going to help them stack firewood :smiley:

That's nice of you. I live in the city. The building is heated with electric baseboard heating. No firewood in sight.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

That's nice of you. I live in the city. The building is heated with electric baseboard heating. No firewood in sight.

Very nice! I wish someone would help me stack wood oh that's right I don't do that. I had boys got a reason.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

Very nice! I wish someone would help me stack wood oh that's right I don't do that. I had boys got a reason.

I see I need to send my mom over to discuss with you gender neutral chores ;)
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    hi135 wrote: »
    Ok just finished lunch I am frozen. Yes I had a salad I love it. But I may have to give it up I hate this.

Are you wearing long johns?

Nope would make me look fatter. Right now I have a fleece jacket on that goes to my knees thinking of putting the hood on but if someone walked in it would look weird.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

*scratches head*

:astonished:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Ok just finished lunch I am frozen. Yes I had a salad I love it. But I may have to give it up I hate this.

Nope would make me look fatter. Right now I have a fleece jacket on that goes to my knees thinking of putting the hood on but if someone walked in it would look weird.

You could wear a pair of leggings or something under your jeans, which would not add any volume.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

You could wear a pair of leggings or something under your jeans, which would not add any volume.

Or Under Armour pants. Those might even be slimming...
  • superhockeymom
    Options

*scratches head*

Wow I should read things through. Typing on my phone. I had boys for a reason. They stack the wood. Is that better?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

*scratches head*

Wow I should read things through. Typing on my phone. I had boys for a reason. They stack the wood. Is that better?

I understood what you said, I was just scratching my head at the idea that only boys should stack wood.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

*scratches head*

I understood what you said, I was just scratching my head at the idea that only boys should stack wood.

My girly hands are totally inadequate for the task. The wood just stays on the ground until my husband does something about it.
  • superhockeymom
    Options

*scratches head*

No not only I guess. Just not me
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    desweds wrote: »
    MOVE TO HOUSTON!

This only works if you never step foot in a building. Most air conditioned city in the world (at least I believe we still hold that title). I work in a state institution where there are always budget cuts and hiring freezes, but apparently it's never occurred to anyone to not set the thermostat to 65 degrees. I keep a sweater at work; several of my coworkers keep heaters under their desks.

This reminds me of when I had to be in Memphis in August, for work. It was miserable, not so much because it was so hot and humid, but because it was freezing cold indoors. There was no way to dress appropriately given that we had to walk from our hotel to where we were spending the day -- you'd be drenched with sweat and then damp and freezing. Horrible.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

*scratches head*

My girly hands are totally inadequate for the task. The wood just stays on the ground until my husband does something about it.

I just used my lady brain to help my girly hands stack wood for an hour. No entries in the database for Stacking Wood though. Guess I'll use Gardening unless y'all have a better suggestion.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Some expensive winter coat brands here in Canada come with backpack-style interior straps, allowing you to shrug off the coat indoors or inside the subway or whatnot and wear it like a backpack. Same problem in reverse -- most buildings tend to over-crank the heat in the winter.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

*scratches head*

I just used my lady brain to help my girly hands stack wood for an hour. No entries in the database for Stacking Wood though. Guess I'll use Gardening unless y'all have a better suggestion.

I actually love stacking wood -- it's such a great workout. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment so I don't have the opportunity to do it much. Grass is always greener . . .
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Oh green grass means spring and the end of snow. Oh wait I am way ahead of myself!❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ok this is the thing I am so cold all the time. Every time I try to lose weight I just freeze. I hate being cold. I am sitting in my office wearing a coat and I have a space heater on right now and I am freezing Also here's another weird thing when I eat a salad I get so cold it is miserable and it takes me a long time to get warm. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just a total freak?

You said every time you try to lose weight you feel cold. But then you said you've always been this way. I'm confused.
  • lbrodnax83
    lbrodnax83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have to put on a jacket to go to work...lol I have noticed (75 pounds down) that i am WAY more sensitive to temperatures now....can't wait for this winter! But honestly, if it's nothing new, I wouldn't worry about it... I get teased as well..
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Ok this is the thing I am so cold all the time. Every time I try to lose weight I just freeze. I hate being cold. I am sitting in my office wearing a coat and I have a space heater on right now and I am freezing Also here's another weird thing when I eat a salad I get so cold it is miserable and it takes me a long time to get warm. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just a total freak?

You said every time you try to lose weight you feel cold. But then you said you've always been this way. I'm confused.

Well I guess I am always trying to lose weight. But I think that is when I notice it more.
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Well I guess I am always trying to lose weight. But I think that is when I notice it more.

Ah ok